Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 09:48 PM

194 posts, read 182,989 times

Advertisements

I really think a lot of the black anger comes from a lack of a father in the home, then the world reinforces if not valiidates these feelings. Compassion is not condonement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 09:55 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,474,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepOnKrunkin' View Post
I really think a lot of the black anger comes from a lack of a father in the home, then the world reinforces if not valiidates these feelings. Compassion is not condonement.
I lived in Rox for seven years and helped work the streets. I've met some of the most most courageous heroic people there out there doing the most important thing in the city - trying to be the Dad to all those poor lost boys abandoned in the most dismal parts of town. It's all the legacy of slavery dude. The greatest people I've ever known were the ones up to their necks in the muck of the ghetto. It's a very complex place. My admiration for those social workers can barely be expressed in words.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:40 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,681 times
Don't have much sympathy for the officer.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:41 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺B☺s View Post
There were reports of gunshots in the hood. The cops know the players. They caught these dudes rolling through and pulled 'em over to see what they were up to. Apparently, they were up to something.
So this seems to contradict what the person in post 41 told me about this stop.....you're saying that they really had no reason to stop them other than to see what they were "up to"?

Old 03-30-2015, 11:06 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,474,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
So this seems to contradict what the person in post 41 told me about this stop.....you're saying that they really had no reason to stop them other than to see what they were "up to"?
No I said the cops know the thugs in the H street neighborhood and were pursuing suspects for a shooting that occurred earlier that day. Someone fit the description, they pulled them over.

But that's not the point. The point is this guy got out of the car and shot another human being point blank in the face with a 357 magnum. Then he tried to shoot others.

But don't listen to me. Listen to ...

The Rev. Mark Scott of the Black Ministerial Alliance of Greater Boston said Moynihan was shot "assassination-style." He called for calm in the predominantly black Roxbury section.

"This is not about 'Black Lives Matter,'" he said, referring to a protest movement that emerged after the shootings. "It's about all-the-lives-in-the-community matter and it's about the police ... responding to a concern from the community."

Old 03-31-2015, 02:07 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
I'm beginning to wonder why cops bother with communities like ferguson and roxbury? why not just put a wall around the places and just let them have at it. Would save money and they can deal with their own issues. anyone who doesn't like it can move. These places just seem like a lost cause. They don't want help.
"Hamsterdam"

Old 03-31-2015, 02:10 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
"Hamsterdam"
Is that you bubs? lol

Old 03-31-2015, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Agree, wall them off and let the savages consume themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
Or send some of them to live in the towns that the 1% live in and see what happens then.
I don't get it. What would happen then? They'd get arrested faster I guess....

Old 03-31-2015, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepOnKrunkin' View Post
I cannot believe some of the cruel, racist posts I read by people who claim to be "christians". Even more reason why once I became enlightened I stopped attending church. Blacks are human beings. I've seen just as many whites who are bad people as blacks...maybe more. I've seen black women who are breathtakingly beautiful. My son's mother is 100% native american. If you were treated as bad as we've treated blacks for a long time you'd be angry & violent too. A man's worth is the content of his character not the color of his skin. The boston POS who shot the officer deserved street justice the officer is a credit to his profession (which I have admiration for). The budget for law enforcement should tripled, as should school teachers. There is no respect or morals on the street. Incarceration is not the answer.
Women were treated badly for a long time too. We didn't get the right to vote until well after blacks did for example, make like 78 cents on the dollar, etc.

So why aren't we "angry and violent"?

Likewise, why aren't Native Americans "angry and violent"?

Old 03-31-2015, 07:31 AM

3,268 posts, read 3,322,067 times
Oh but calling black people angry and violent is racist. They really just need to get their sh*t together. Stop breaking the law and your life will improve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events