Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:28 AM

3,268 posts, read 3,322,067 times

Advertisements

'So, can someone explain to me what a "Traffic stop" is? Was this guy speeding? Didn't use his blinker? I didn't read the reason for the stop, anyone know?'

The car was being searched for weapons. At 2pm in roxbury there had been a shooting. Angelo West was transporting the shooter. Angelo west had been in and of jail and basically was going back if pulled over. Cops pulled over the car knowing that the shooter from 2pm was in there. West freaked out and was saying I"m not going back to jail, F that i'm not going back to jail (witnesses in the car confirmed this) When police pulled the car over the car stopped then started, then stopped several times. That should have been a huge red flag. West reacted by shooting and met his fate.

So there ya go. The car was not stopped because they were black
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 09:12 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,963,335 times
This will sadly continue until all criminals are annihilated. Law abiding citizens simply need to rise up, come down on the lowlifes in force, let em know we've had enough. Vigilante style, me thinks!

Old 03-30-2015, 09:30 AM

'This will sadly continue until all criminals are annihilated. Law abiding citizens simply need to rise up, come down on the lowlifes in force, let em know we've had enough. Vigilante style, me thinks!'

How do you propose that will ever happen?

Old 03-30-2015, 02:52 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
'So, can someone explain to me what a "Traffic stop" is? Was this guy speeding? Didn't use his blinker? I didn't read the reason for the stop, anyone know?'

The car was being searched for weapons. At 2pm in roxbury there had been a shooting. Angelo West was transporting the shooter. Angelo west had been in and of jail and basically was going back if pulled over. Cops pulled over the car knowing that the shooter from 2pm was in there. West freaked out and was saying I"m not going back to jail, F that i'm not going back to jail (witnesses in the car confirmed this) When police pulled the car over the car stopped then started, then stopped several times. That should have been a huge red flag. West reacted by shooting and met his fate.

So there ya go. The car was not stopped because they were black
I wasn't suggesting they were stopped because they were black, i just wasn't sure if this was a cop just harassing motorists because they had nothing better to do, which, happens quite often in this country unfortunately.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:56 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
I wasn't suggesting they were stopped because they were black, i just wasn't sure if this was a cop just harassing motorists because they had nothing better to do, which, happens quite often in this country unfortunately.
Yea right... of the 50000 cars I see in the shift I just picked yours to harass ...and the roughly thirty calls for service I get per shift doesn't keep me busy enough ....
Jeez.. get real... go on a ride along with your local department and see what happens.. that is if you can.. and don't have a record or active warrants

Old 03-30-2015, 03:58 PM

Default re

Nah. Boston cops especially gang cops don't have time for unnecessary stops to simply 'harrass' people.

Do you have any stats to back up your statement on cops who have all this time to 'harrass' people during traffic stops?

we have a lot of issues in this country but cops harassing motorists for no reason isn't one of them.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:09 PM

Default re

I'm beginning to wonder why cops bother with communities like ferguson and roxbury? why not just put a wall around the places and just let them have at it. Would save money and they can deal with their own issues. anyone who doesn't like it can move. These places just seem like a lost cause. They don't want help.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:16 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
I'm beginning to wonder why cops bother with communities like ferguson and roxbury? why not just put a wall around the places and just let them have at it. Would save money and they can deal with their own issues. anyone who doesn't like it can move. These places just seem like a lost cause. They don't want help.
I agree........they are hopeless.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:53 PM

Default re

It's scary what is happening in this country. People have tried to help these communities for years and they aren't getting better. They cant/won't help themselves. it is no one elses fault but their own. It amazes me that these educated liberal types say things like, oh another black person killed by police for no reason and they want to blame their problems on society. It's not their own fault though. Yet all of my problems as a white woman are just mine right? I've got no one else to blame. A cop was shot in the face yet some folks are still upset that the black man was shot and killed. Would it have been less upsetting if the man was white or asian? When did a black criminal suddenly become like an endangered species where no matter what they do we have to protect them? Even if they shoot people? Please.

Police DO try to help these communities by arresting the bad people in them that will harm other people but they are the bad guys for doing that.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:55 PM

194 posts, read 182,989 times
There are alot more communities like Ferguson & Roxbury & the # is rising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events