Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2015, 06:10 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times

Advertisements

MItoBH"I'm glad his murder was caught on video, and I'm glad Slager was fired and will go to trial over Scott's death. Cops need to be held accountable for their actions when they make the decision to fire their weapon on an unarmed person."

Me, too, I am delighted Slager will be caged like the wild animal he is.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:10 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
I wondered if he feared for his life......

Old 04-14-2015, 03:15 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Sorry, but that video is pretty clear. Maybe the cop can somehow convince everybody that police should actually be allowed to gun fleeing people down or that he thought the fleeing man was on his way to the store to purchase a gun, and then he was going to come back and shoot him.
I was going to commend you for not using the R-word, but I see you did in later post. No matter. In regards to your response to me, you didn't actually read or maybe comprehend what I posted, so your opinion on the matter is irrelevant.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:22 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
How many times have you said this in the last 72 hours?
Why ask me? Apparently you are doing the counting. I have no idea.

I'll keep saying it as long as people such as yourself keep making up nonsense that it's OK for a man to ignore his children for 3 years. He was a deadbeat dad no by any definition of the term.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:38 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
So, some news on the case. This has been reported locally but I haven't seen it nationally yet.

1. First, the solicitor Scarlet Wilson has announced she won't pursue the death penalty because the case doesn't meet any of the aggravating circumstances as defined by SC law. She is still pursuing murder charges though.

2. The passenger in the car has been identified. He wanted to remain anonymous but the local news ferreted him out. A lot of locals are pretty upset with P&C (our local newspaper) because they did so since the guy wanted to remain out of the news. He has a past record which P&C highlighted. His past history includes drugs charges for crack, weapons charges, and assault charges. He made a statement and said he doesn't know why Scott ran.

3. Protesters have been flowing in from Ferguson to North Charleston. This includes Malik Shabazz who has publicly announced he has no interest in speaking with any leaders here and has come only to 'escalate' protests.

4. Protesters in North Charleston blocked traffic during rush hour yesterday but NCPD did not move them, instead working to turn cars around. These protesters, based on everything I've seen on local media, etc are making citizens pretty mad and hurting their cause, in my opinion. Of note, the protesters causing this are not local - they're from Ferguson.

5. The Black Lives Matter group made a list of demands to North Charleston Mayor Summey. They demanded an emergency meeting to speak about a citizen review board which would have the power of subpoena. By law, Mayor Summey cannot grant them this and cannot call an emergency meeting of city council. He asked if they would be willing to meet this week. The group's leader (another imported protester) rejected this and said they would now enter the "resistance phase" of protesting.

That's everything which has been going on locally. People around here are getting angry at all of these imported protesters (as am I). They're making things worse, not better, and I wish they would go home.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:48 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So, some news on the case. This has been reported locally but I haven't seen it nationally yet.

1. First, the solicitor Scarlet Wilson has announced she won't pursue the death penalty because the case doesn't meet any of the aggravating circumstances as defined by SC law. She is still pursuing murder charges though.

2. The passenger in the car has been identified. He wanted to remain anonymous but the local news ferreted him out. A lot of locals are pretty upset with P&C (our local newspaper) because they did so since the guy wanted to remain out of the news. He has a past record which P&C highlighted. His past history includes drugs charges for crack, weapons charges, and assault charges. He made a statement and said he doesn't know why Scott ran.

3. Protesters have been flowing in from Ferguson to North Charleston. This includes Malik Shabazz who has publicly announced he has no interest in speaking with any leaders here and has come only to 'escalate' protests.

4. Protesters in North Charleston blocked traffic during rush hour yesterday but NCPD did not move them, instead working to turn cars around. These protesters, based on everything I've seen on local media, etc are making citizens pretty mad and hurting their cause, in my opinion. Of note, the protesters causing this are not local - they're from Ferguson.

5. The Black Lives Matter group made a list of demands to North Charleston Mayor Summey. They demanded an emergency meeting to speak about a citizen review board which would have the power of subpoena. By law, Mayor Summey cannot grant them this and cannot call an emergency meeting of city council. He asked if they would be willing to meet this week. The group's leader (another imported protester) rejected this and said they would now enter the "resistance phase" of protesting.

That's everything which has been going on locally. People around here are getting angry at all of these imported protesters (as am I). They're making things worse, not better, and I wish they would go home.
thanks for the update, that's too bad about the protesters. I can't see how the City could have handled this better, they reacted way more quickly than I had expected. I think some people just like to turn protesting into a full time job, what a shame.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:19 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why ask me? Apparently you are doing the counting. I have no idea.

I'll keep saying it as long as people such as yourself keep making up nonsense that it's OK for a man to ignore his children for 3 years. He was a deadbeat dad no by any definition of the term.
Death to all deadbeat dads! Kill 'em before they miss another payment! Let's just line 'em up and shoot 'em because they don't deserve to live!

WaldoKitty, you can have the honor of pulling the trigger on the first 100 we gather up. You'll like it, won't you?

Old 04-14-2015, 09:09 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post

Thanks for the updates. Hoping things stay calm where your at. As someone who supports the cause, and is a victim, I hate 'agitators' as much as the opposition. They definitely don't help the cause and real people can see through their faux emotions.

I'll take a look into that.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:17 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I've only postulated that the cop doesn't deserve to be referred to as a crook,bad,evil etc.etc.etc until it's shown that he did something other than just screwing up and shooting this poor man for no good reason.
Even you must know by now that after the shooting 'the cop' described his "rush" to colleagues. It was clear from the video that he treated Walter Scott like a paper target at the firing range, rather than as a real human being. Those two things alone make him "evil". What more does anyone need?

Old 04-14-2015, 09:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Even you must know by now that after the shooting 'the cop' described his "rush" to colleagues. It was clear from the video that he treated Walter Scott like a paper target at the firing range, rather than as a real human being. Those two things alone make him "evil". What more does anyone need?
No, it shows he's human. Your bias is very clear as a self described "handgun hater" and I'm guessing have no idea what the fight or flight adrenaline rush aka "dump" does to your system.
From my admittedly limited observations it's not at all uncommon for someone involved in such a situation to prattle on right afterwards and to act strangely. That much adrenaline dumped into your system all at once really messes with you.

Again, not saying he didn't flat out kill the guy and he deserves to pay for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events