Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2015, 09:44 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Death to all deadbeat dads! Kill 'em before they miss another payment! Let's just line 'em up and shoot 'em because they don't deserve to live!

WaldoKitty, you can have the honor of pulling the trigger on the first 100 we gather up. You'll like it, won't you?
As long as they're Black, he'll REALLY enjoy it then.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:45 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
That's everything which has been going on locally. People around here are getting angry at all of these imported protesters (as am I). They're making things worse, not better, and I wish they would go home.
America has an insane income and wealth inequality that had only accelerated in recent years. A group of protesters who called themselves "Occupy Wall Street" briefly occupied icons of American Commerce and Capitalism and were vilified by both the 99% and the 1% in equal measure. Go figure. Black people are not thriving. Even the "good ones" suffer discrimination at every turn and do not do as well as they might in a more even handed society. Especially in the south. Without outside protesters to fan the flames of outrage and demand justice for Scott, the matter would quickly be hushed up and it would be back to business as usual in a couple of weeks. Some people think OWS was a failure. I don't know... income inequality is kind of like a buzzword these days. Its everywhere. Thousands of foreclosures have been averted as lenders have been forced to re-negotiate in good (better) faith with borrowers. Credit Card companies used to track the payment patterns of card-holders and maneuver them into 33%APR's through the random switching of their payment due dates. These and other nefarious banking practices have been brought to an end, in very large part due to the attention brought to economic and financial issues by OWS.

If you are black and live in America you need Black Lives Matter whether you know it or not. The Ferguson Protesters, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson... whatever you think of them as people... the cause transcends the individual personalities involved. Do I have to mention that the great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. put under a microscope and examined at that level of magnification... ... but... what a legacy!

H

Old 04-14-2015, 09:55 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I was going to commend you for not using the R-word, but I see you did in later post. No matter. In regards to your response to me, you didn't actually read or maybe comprehend what I posted, so your opinion on the matter is irrelevant.
Maybe you haven't noticed but... your opinions on the matter are being construed as "irrelevant" by a growing number of members. Congratulations, through sheer dogged determination you have managed to make yourself an object of much ridicule. Any POV taken to the extremes that you have taken yours becomes caricature and therefore devoid of credibility.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:29 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
America has an insane income and wealth inequality that had only accelerated in recent years. A group of protesters who called themselves "Occupy Wall Street" briefly occupied icons of American Commerce and Capitalism and were vilified by both the 99% and the 1% in equal measure. Go figure. Black people are not thriving. Even the "good ones" suffer discrimination at every turn and do not do as well as they might in a more even handed society. Especially in the south. Without outside protesters to fan the flames of outrage and demand justice for Scott, the matter would quickly be hushed up and it would be back to business as usual in a couple of weeks. Some people think OWS was a failure. I don't know... income inequality is kind of like a buzzword these days. Its everywhere. Thousands of foreclosures have been averted as lenders have been forced to re-negotiate in good (better) faith with borrowers. Credit Card companies used to track the payment patterns of card-holders and maneuver them into 33%APR's through the random switching of their payment due dates. These and other nefarious banking practices have been brought to an end, in very large part due to the attention brought to economic and financial issues by OWS.

If you are black and live in America you need Black Lives Matter whether you know it or not. The Ferguson Protesters, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson... whatever you think of them as people... the cause transcends the individual personalities involved. Do I have to mention that the great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. put under a microscope and examined at that level of magnification... ... but... what a legacy!

H
Definitely agree with you about Occupy. Won't discuss my ties but I've either followed or been active in a lot of the newer Movements. Occupy was torn apart by the media, intentionally and with some help from fringe activist.

Some of the members are still active and doing some really good things. They raised awareness about some vital issues affecting our country. Despite what people say about them I consider their actions patriotic.

BlackLivesMatter is a different animal. And a group that I've wanted to support, but simply can't because of their actions. And they ARE NOT representative of the current Movement taking place AT ALL. As in, they are not leading anything other than the media focus (in which the real people on the ground are ignoring anyway).

BlackLivesMatter didn't start the protests in Ferguson. Those were organic and started right after the shooting. BlackLivesMatter was never a household name until after the verdict was released and a prominent paid protester, and a few other media darlings, started getting everyone to start using the #BlackLivesMatter hashtag. BLM is a front group. A front group that's been getting funded by George Soros for years now. $100k a year if my memory serves right. People were protesting regardless of BlackLivesMatter and they didn't offer any Revolutionary insight besides raising awareness of LGBT communities within the black community (which I believe needed to happen).

#TheMovement started what you see now a lot culturally. And it was not just a group of black individuals. The people of Ferguson started the protests. #BlackLivesMatter just hopped in front of the camera.

I disagree that we need groups like BlackLivesMatter. We had a collective already and everybody was working together until the above tried to insert themselves into a leadership role and started to treat their non-profit like a business.

Your biggest factor in bringing up those issues was #TheMovement. Aka The Revolution

Old 04-14-2015, 11:39 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why ask me? Apparently you are doing the counting. I have no idea.

I'll keep saying it as long as people such as yourself keep making up nonsense that it's OK for a man to ignore his children for 3 years. He was a deadbeat dad no by any definition of the term.
Oh get over yourself already. He owed child support, only in the tiny brain of a conservative does that justify getting shot to death.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:51 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh get over yourself already. He owed child support, only in the tiny brain of a conservative does that justify getting shot to death.
You ought to pose such a statement to millions of liberal mothers who probably think different.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:52 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Definitely agree with you about Occupy. Won't discuss my ties but I've either followed or been active in a lot of the newer Movements. Occupy was torn apart by the media, intentionally and with some help from fringe activist.

Some of the members are still active and doing some really good things. They raised awareness about some vital issues affecting our country. Despite what people say about them I consider their actions patriotic.

BlackLivesMatter is a different animal. And a group that I've wanted to support, but simply can't because of their actions. And they ARE NOT representative of the current Movement taking place AT ALL. As in, they are not leading anything other than the media focus (in which the real people on the ground are ignoring anyway).

BlackLivesMatter didn't start the protests in Ferguson. Those were organic and started right after the shooting. BlackLivesMatter was never a household name until after the verdict was released and a prominent paid protester, and a few other media darlings, started getting everyone to start using the #BlackLivesMatter hashtag. BLM is a front group. A front group that's been getting funded by George Soros for years now. $100k a year if my memory serves right. People were protesting regardless of BlackLivesMatter and they didn't offer any Revolutionary insight besides raising awareness of LGBT communities within the black community (which I believe needed to happen).

#TheMovement started what you see now a lot culturally. And it was not just a group of black individuals. The people of Ferguson started the protests. #BlackLivesMatter just hopped in front of the camera.

I disagree that we need groups like BlackLivesMatter. We had a collective already and everybody was working together until the above tried to insert themselves into a leadership role and started to treat their non-profit like a business.

Your biggest factor in bringing up those issues was #TheMovement. Aka The Revolution
There was nothing organic about the black live matter movement.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:54 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
You ought to pose such a statement to millions of liberal mothers who probably think different.
Mmm, yes, I'm sure they wish death. Another brilliantly though out statement by a con.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:35 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
There was nothing organic about the black live matter movement.
That's the point I was making.

#TheMovement however, and the Ferguson protests were organic.

#BlackLivesMatter just got the credit. Mainly because it wasn't organic, and was funded by people already influencing the media.

Best trick ever eh?

Old 04-14-2015, 01:04 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Death to all deadbeat dads! Kill 'em before they miss another payment! Let's just line 'em up and shoot 'em because they don't deserve to live! WaldoKitty, you can have the honor of pulling the trigger on the first 100 we gather up. You'll like it, won't you?
Are you having a bad day? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events