Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 12:13 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
I don't believe it, honestly.

They are in it to make money.. Do you know how much hellfire would rain down on them if this actually happened? Business would cease to exist.
You have a good point.

Why draw unneccessary attention to yourself?

I could see them trying to take a stand for their communities, or forming a truce together against the Police, but I doubt they're going to start killing Police.

I could be wrong though. I though there were some groups that would get violent in Ferguson and they didn't thank God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 12:14 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It might be a good time to bring in a "stop and frisk" procedure in Baltimore.

If you look like you belong to a gang, usually tattoos and colours are a tip off and you are walking down the street be expected to be stopped. The Cops also generally know who the bad guys are. Stop them Frisk them and if a weapon or drugs are found they get arrested.

Cut the cancer these gangs spread out of the streets at least for a time.
Actually thats a terrible solution.

The solution to end gangs in this country is to legalize, decriminalize, and start to treat people's addictions.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:22 PM

593 posts, read 668,256 times
So now the scum of the earth want to band together to take out cops? I wish the cops could legally band together and start putting bullets in those gang members at a rapid pace.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:33 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,502,433 times
I was thinking something like this might eventually happen back when those two NYPD cops got killed in response to the Brown / Garner nonsense. There are a lot of gang members out there, especially in cities like Balitmore, STL and NY. They all have guns, and could probably easily get their hands on small explosives. I do not doubt that they would "band together" and act like "peaceful demonstrators" downtown and then all of a sudden rush the police with gunfire and explosives, and eventually run into stations and try the same. Surely yes some of the gang members would die too, but they consider themselves "street soldiers" and would likely also consider themselves "heroes" if they died in a planned out battle with the cops.

Can you imagine something like that happening here? 250 (or more..depending on how organized they get) armed gangbangers rushing police with gunfire in an American city (or several...)...it can happen IMO.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:36 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,881,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That is what I'm suspecting. One person to consider when it came to doing away with due process, is Hitler. Looked what that caused.
Irrelevant, the people he wanted to get rid of were harmless and weren't responsible for a majority of the violent crimes in his country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
By that "logic" we should shoot any young White male wearing a polo shirt, hoodie, and Khakis to prevent another mass-shooting.
Not quite, but ok.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:38 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The solution to end gangs in this country is to legalize, decriminalize, and start to treat people's addictions.
Every time we have decriminalized something to stop gangs, they have moved on to a new product, and there will always be a new black market product out there to move on to.
Legalization or decriminalization might solve certain problems, but gangs are solved by alternate opportunities and better life expectations. Decriminalization and legalization might actually be counter-productive to this, because legal drug use can still be very damaging to future career prospects for someone with minimal work experience.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:46 PM

625 posts, read 624,337 times
Default police

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
Simplest solution would be to simply shoot any young black male who appears as though they belong to a gang. Colors, tats, their attire, etc. If they don't look like a contributing member of society, exterminate them without question, and let their homies be the ones to tell his momma.

Problem solved.
Spoken like a Baltimore police officer.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:53 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Baltimore police say gangs 'teaming up' to take out officers - Baltimore Sun

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...reat/26454875/

Scary stuff..

Old 04-27-2015, 01:06 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
Irrelevant, the people he wanted to get rid of were harmless and weren't responsible for a majority of the violent crimes in his country.

Not quite, but ok.
It doesn't matter. Anyone who is speaking of any form of a genocide is basically doing similar to what Hitler is doing. We have a legal system of trying criminals. If found guilty of murder or treason, that is what we have the death penalty/life in prison for.

And the persons who have committed violent crimes, we have prisons and the death penalty. We also have due process. No matter what crimes criminals have committed, criminals have to through a due process.

And I have to consider that someone like me, who is Black, might get shot. I am not in a gang. I work for a living. However, you are suggesting that any Black male who doesn't "look" right, keyword being "look", you are suggesting said person should get shot. It isn't going to be just criminals getting shot. Innocent people will get shot too.

And in this country, that is also called MURDER. If you are not killing someone out of self-defense(aka someone is attacking you), then that is called murder. If you are suggesting that a race of people get killed off, good or bad, that is inciting genocide.

And our Constitution guarantees due process for all criminals. From the suggestions you have, we might as well suspend the Constitution for everyone.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:07 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
It just comes down to not having enough guns in public hands. Where is the NRA when we need them? This is right up their ally: arm everyone, that will solve the problem real quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events