Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 10:48 AM

66 posts, read 73,366 times

Advertisements

This is not thread of "hate" or "discrimination" but this thread is about people who still have common sense, these people will understand that these protests is only to earn money and to loot and murder!
As Baltimore’s destructive #BlackLivesMatter riots continue to rage, some new information has been revealed about the gentleman they’re burning Baltimore down for.

According to the Maryland Department of Justice, Freddie Gray had the 18 documented arrests below, at a minimum:
FREDDY GRAY
And you still think that man with at least 18 arrests and serious traumas who were running from police instead of sitting at home was not guilty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 10:50 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,465,707 times
I agree. He clearly should have had his spine severed after the first 9 arrests. After 18 arrests, he should have had his entire spinal column ripped out, Mortal Kombat style.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:55 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
This is not thread of "hate" or "discrimination" but this thread is about people who still have common sense, these people will understand that these protests is only to earn money and to loot and murder!
As Baltimore’s destructive #BlackLivesMatter riots continue to rage, some new information has been revealed about the gentleman they’re burning Baltimore down for.

According to the Maryland Department of Justice, Freddie Gray had the 18 documented arrests below, at a minimum:
FREDDY GRAY
And you still think that man with at least 18 arrests and serious traumas who were running from police instead of sitting at home was not guilty?
If it wasn't for the stupid war on drugs, he wouldn't even have a record. He sounds like a guy who had never hurt a person in his life.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:00 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post

FREDDY GRAY

While I believe we have become a nation who blames the victim, just more smut to muddy the waters of police brutality, why does he wind up dead?

Sure, his arrests would matter when he is in front of the judge. Seems to me his due process wasn't met since he never got in front of a judge.

Since his spine was 80% severed, his larynx crushed, doesn't police brutality mean a darn thing?

I have posted an article that Freddie Gray did not have neck surgery and he had a right to ride his bike without being profiled.

What did he do to be stopped in the first place. His attorney has stated, this knife he had on him was legal.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:04 AM

1,960 posts, read 4,664,339 times
Agreed. Drug arrests in this Country don't appeal to me as bona fide indicators of malfeasance in a population. It's just a socioeconomic byproduct of the bogus war on drugs and the correctional facility pork barrel industry it shamelessly supports. Every social policy measure in this Country has subverted itself into a jobs program.

Drugs need to be de-criminalized yesterday, and I'm not even a supporter or user of recreational drugs mind you. Portugal figured it out, but to slaughter the cash cow cold turkey by implementing such a paradigm shift? Hell no! Too many interested parties who depend on the income from the correctional/LEO industry, and it is a commercial industry no doubt about it.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:09 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
Agreed. Drug arrests in this Country don't appeal to me as bona fide indicators of malfeasance in a population. It's just a socioeconomic byproduct of the bogus war on drugs and the correctional facility pork barrel industry it shamelessly supports. Every social policy measure in this Country has subverted itself into a jobs program.

Drugs need to be de-criminalized yesterday, and I'm not even a supporter or user of recreational drugs mind you. Portugal figured it out, but to slaughter the cash cow cold turkey by implementing such a paradigm shift? Hell no! Too many interested parties who depend on the income from the correctional/LEO industry, and it is a commercial industry no doubt about it.

This! I've alluded to this same sentiment on the Baltimore thread in the P&C forum, but it seems to fall on deaf ears! Prohibition is a failure, and only serves to create a black market, which in essence increases crime! I am however; not above a toke or two! And it sure beats messing with the other crap!

Old 04-29-2015, 11:11 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
So that's a good excuse to sever his spinal cord and kill the man? Common sense? Police need to realize that the public is on to their bullying. Everyone has camera phones. They are going to have to retrain some of these cops or they may end up in jail themselves.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:12 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Arrests aren't the same as conviction.

Regardless of the crime, it is not the police departments job to play judge, jury and executioner.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:27 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Even scumbag criminals should have the expectation of personal safety once they are arrested and in custody. End of story.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:34 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
There's unconfirmed information leaking out that Gray had severe spinal injuries due to a car accident and had surgery on his spine just a week before his arrest. I will repeat - this is still unconfirmed - but it has been confirmed already that he had a structured settlement from Allstate for a car accident he had been in and was in the process of seeking a lump sum payment for.

If this is true, he should have been home in bed recuperating - not out getting into MORE trouble and evading arrest, knowing what his physical condition was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events