Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 09:21 PM

8,104 posts, read 6,747,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
It's so wonderful that we have people coming to these shores, to do the jobs that Americans (and Canadians) won't do. Diversity is our STRENGTH!

I see that one family friend of the victim calls the murder "a mugging gone horribly wrong", as if the Perps were just innocent but clumsy young people, who had an "accident". When has a mugging ever gone right?
Here is a story about a mugging gone right.

Score one for the Good Guys - New Haven, CT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 09:29 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,112,566 times
I have visited Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa and Vancouver (fav). As an American, I can say with all honesty that Canada is just like America . . . . . only better.

What's all this hating on Canada all of sudden? I thought y'all hated mostly brown-ish peoples.

Mick

Old 05-05-2015, 09:37 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,021,056 times
What a tragic story.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:47 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,421,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outforarip View Post
The states is so dangerous. I encourage all other Canadians to NEVER go there.

The States is NOT dangerous. I go to downtown Detroit once a month. I have never once, in 20+ years had a problem. You're delusional.

Quote:
What's that? I can't hear you over my FREE HEALTHCARE!!! OHIP rocks.
Please stop. You know good and God damn well we pay for it through taxes.

Quote:
Farmers market? Sorry I'm from Ontario and we don't have those stores here. You're probably used to dealing with maritime people which are not representative of all Canadians.
Farmers' Markets Ontario®

Quote:
We Ontarions don't mind Americans.. We just don't see eye to eye with you. I feel sorry for some Americans. I've visited buffalo to shop in the past and it looked rather run down and many of you seem very impoverished.
I see eye to eye on all kinds of **** with Americans.

Quote:
Rolls eyes. Face it.. You Americans are not nearly as civilized as us and you know it. Your culture supports guns and violence. That needs to stop!
Why don't you mind your own business? If you don't think Canada has an enormous gun culture, you're lying to yourself.

Quote:
Since when has America defended Canada? Lol. We have our own military
Outright? Never. But stop pretending they wouldn't have our back, just like we have theirs. Yes, we have a military. A very good military. But a very small military.

Quote:
All lies. Free healthcare is AWESOME! GO OHIP!!!
Again.....not free. We pay for it. You know it, I know it, Americans know it, and anyone who has a similar system knows it. You just make yourself look like a fool.

In short; shut yer trap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Please do a "see all posts" by this 'outforarip' nutbar and you'll quickly determine he's "fishing in a boat moving very slowly" specifically to raise the ire of everyone on here.

He's shotgunning every thread he can find with this 'Canada is so great and America is so bad' stuff it's getting nauseous.

My opinion is; he has green skin and lives under a bridge somewhere.
Yeeeeeep.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:34 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,055,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I have visited Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa and Vancouver (fav). As an American, I can say with all honesty that Canada is just like America . . . . . only better.

What's all this hating on Canada all of sudden? I thought y'all hated mostly brown-ish peoples.

Mick
Equal opportunity.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:35 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,464,896 times
What's sad is this is a bigger story in Canada than in Louisville. Despite being a "safe" American city there are so many homicides that people don't give it much thought. The area that happened in surprised me, not an unsafe area. And one of the dudes involved killed someone earlier this year but got off on justifiable homicide. Pathetic.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:40 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,560 times
Whats with the Canada v US talk..what bunk
This is about an innocent person getting murdered by thugs...
Canada is a great country with a kick butt military who steps up
Canada is dealing with terrorism just like us
Canada has crime just like us
Canada has some safer places in their cities than we do

Its not about Canada... its about removing crooks from society that harm all of us . Forever

Old 05-06-2015, 06:48 AM

19,834 posts, read 12,090,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Is there some connection to the Kentucky Derby other than that this person was in the states to attend it?
Likely nothing more than it was a crime of opportunity. The Derby brought in a large amount of out of town visitors, likely flush with cash.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:54 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,376 times
Stories like this make me sick. I hope these three get severely punished.

This thread has become a "U.S. vs. Canada" thread because the guy that died was Canadian, and was visiting the U.S. Well, IMHO this type of thing could have happened anywhere.

The bigger issue here is that at least some of these three should have already been in jail prior to this horrible tragedy. The policy of criminals getting "punished" with just a slap on the wrist is what led to this....

Old 05-06-2015, 08:48 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
YES, please, stay in Canada. I am tired of you folks being able to work over here, but we cannot work over there. While you are at it stay in Canada on the weekends. I am tired of you Canadian crowding up the aisles in the stores I shop in...I mean, why would you stop in the middle of the isle and gawk for five minutes and then have your family reunion in the middle of the isles?????? AND keep your dogs on your side of the boarder...
lol what? where do you live? Niagra falls, NY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events