Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 09:22 AM

7,771 posts, read 6,376,660 times

Advertisements

When has a riot not involved blacks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 09:25 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Oh Uh!
The Blacks and Hispanics are rioting again.
It's that damn Liberal CNN Fault that they are rioting again.
I wish the Blacks and Hispanics would just stay in their place like in the 60's.
where are you seeing this? i haven't seen any hispanics rioting.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:26 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I might be missing something, but I haven't seen that Hispanics have burned down any cities, haven't looted and destroyed business, haven't demanded that Whites can't use certain words in the English language, haven't gone on a crusade to vilify the police in the USA, don't riot and shoot people over $250 clown shoes, etc. etc. etc.

Hispanics, IMO, have instead joined the mainstream and avoided such nonsense and instead work with society in general instead of against it.
Ah, wasn't aware all the above only involved African Americans. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
This can't be a serious question.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:27 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello071 View Post
Why are we letting the media get away with this? Why is the media basically inviting the protesters, looters, etc... then these journalists have enough nerve to act like they are the victim.

Is anyone else tired of this?

I no longer can watch this anymore and switch the channel. All this is doing is reenforcing negative stereotypes. I'm tired of this and the last few years I feel the media has instigated all of this to the point of more ratings at the expense of the general public.
They have.

If you want to keep up with what's going on, find internet sources instead of the tv. Or find an international source that reports on US issues.

The media in the US is one big ball of greed and money. One minute they wouldn't even put these travesties on tv. Even fought against the efforts. As soon as it catches on, and the corruption is exposed, they jump all over it, and try to act like experts on it.

If you were an expert, you would've known it was coming

Not saying talking about race isn't warranted. But it matters how you do it, and what your true intentions are. If your simply going for ratings, you need to be in another field.

It's like a doctor who doesn't care about his patients. Wrong field buddy.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:28 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
When people don't like the outcome of a SPORTS event or a pumpkin festival. Basically when it's over something frivolous they aren't involved.

You wanna stop with your subliminal bigotry now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6boQ3UriYY

Old 05-08-2015, 09:29 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Ah, wasn't aware all the above only involved African Americans. Thanks for the clarification. This can't be a serious question.
I said nothing about African Americans. Thus it's you making this assumption. LOL!

Old 05-08-2015, 09:32 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Oh Uh!
The Blacks and Hispanics are rioting again.
It's that damn Liberal CNN Fault that they are rioting again.
I wish the Blacks and Hispanics would just stay in their place like in the 60's.
Quote:
I might be missing something, but I haven't seen that Hispanics have burned down any cities, haven't looted and destroyed business, haven't demanded that Whites can't use certain words in the English language, haven't gone on a crusade to vilify the police in the USA, don't riot and shoot people over $250 clown shoes, etc. etc. etc.

Hispanics, IMO, have instead joined the mainstream and avoided such nonsense and instead work with society in general instead of against it.
Quote:
I said nothing about African Americans. Thus it's you making this assumption. LOL!
Don't be obtuse. You know exactly what you meant and are referencing.

Nice to see you quoted this post, considering how you usually duct most of mine you can't argue.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:35 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Mexico is an all out war right now. And it has nothing to do with race. It's because of our problem.

So while they might not have rioted, their government is now overrun.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:35 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:

I've seen every group of people taking part of the actions you mentioned, especially at sneaker releases. Stop with the false generalizations.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:39 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,384 times
The riots have their own causes. The media doesn't "instigate" them, but it has been milking this story for all its worth, which does have a tendency to perpetuate the issues in the public's mind. Whether you think this is good or bad depends on your politics and the particular story of the month.

That is what the media does whenever they get a hold of any story that resonates with the public. They have to fill their airtime every day with something that the general public will respond to. Media executives aren't primarily concerned with informing the public of current events in a balanced way; they are concerned with running a profitable business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events