Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 03:20 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
And like ATG said, once again you nitpick which parts of the quote to choose, LMAO! You didn't see the "51% of rioters arrested were Latino"?

Don't play dense/blind, Waldo. Your games are getting tiring at this point.

51% of Riot Arrests Were Latino, Study Says : Unrest: RAND analysis of court cases finds they were mostly young men. The figures are open to many interpretations, experts note. - latimes

For Anaheim

And here you are again, trying to make it seem as if I'm singling out Hispanic people, I stated every group.
It's worthless. It's just a detour from the blind truth we're getting closer and closer too.

So yea, the media intentionally insights racial tension for ratings/viewers/money. Not only did they do that, but they kept out leaders, orgs, businesses that we're reporting accurately and the truth. #BLackLivesMatter, a Soros funded (hundreds of thousands of dollars) non-profit was inserted in front of Taking Back the Radio and #TheMovement which was a completely grassroots Movement.

But the funny thing is that even with all of the deflections and distractions the narrative still isn't working. People learn. People are learning the original Movement wasn't divided by race. And researched each case the same independent of race, gender, or some other irrelevant characteristic.

The protests, or rather residents gathering in confusion and anger demanding answers, weren't planned. #TheMovement had been going on since 4/20. And neither groups are pleased with the media narrative being displayed on the television.

Crazy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 03:25 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
If Black Lives Matter is not a group from Ferguson, the leaders they displayed on TV aren't from Ferguson, and they are in no way affiliated with The Movement, then how are they the leaders of it??

How do 3 women become the leaders of an issue affecting black men?

Old 05-09-2015, 04:46 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,103 times
Quote:
And like ATG said, once again you nitpick which parts of the quote to choose, LMAO! You didn't see the "51% of rioters arrested were Latino"?

Don't play dense/blind, Waldo. Your games are getting tiring at this point.

51% of Riot Arrests Were Latino, Study Says : Unrest: RAND analysis of court cases finds they were mostly young men. The figures are open to many interpretations, experts note. - latimes

For Anaheim

And here you are again, trying to make it seem as if I'm singling out Hispanic people, I stated every group.
It would be hilarious if it wasn't so obviously pathetic.

Old 05-09-2015, 04:53 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Quote:
And like ATG said, once again you nitpick which parts of the quote to choose, LMAO!
This was the entire post that you made in response to me.
"I've seen every group of people taking part of the actions you mentioned, especially at sneaker releases. Stop with the false generalizations."
I simply ask you what cities have you seen this in for Hispanics? Simple question, no nitpicking at all. Either you can state where you saw it or you made it up. Instead of answering, you have instead made a dozen insulting posts towards me to deflect from it.

It's clear you made this up. Nothing else to it than that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It would be hilarious if it wasn't so obviously pathetic.
Pathetic is when you can't even address the party you disagree with (even irrationally) directly and must hide behind 3rd person attacks.

This topic is about the media. You haven't said anything about that.

Old 05-09-2015, 05:23 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,161,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
When has a riot not involved blacks?
Google "Tulsa Black Wall Street" and "Rosewood, Florida" for starters.

There's a reason that President Obama was in Selma a few months ago, too.

Last edited by FindingZen; 05-09-2015 at 05:35 PM..

Old 05-09-2015, 05:31 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,161,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello071 View Post
Why are we letting the media get away with this? Why is the media basically inviting the protesters, looters, etc... then these journalists have enough nerve to act like they are the victim.

Is anyone else tired of this?

I no longer can watch this anymore and switch the channel. All this is doing is reenforcing negative stereotypes. I'm tired of this and the last few years I feel the media has instigated all of this to the point of more ratings at the expense of the general public.

People have the right to protest. One's commute might be inconvenienced by people taking to the streets but ultimately there is nothing wrong with vigorous but peaceful protests. Regarding Baltimore and Ferguson specifically, they would have protested even if only local media covered the story. In fact, in the case of Baltimore, that was indeed the case for several days. (Living just down the road in DC, the protests received more coverage here than most other places.)

Most everyone would agree, on the other hand, that looting is wrong even if there is uneven understanding or empathy regarding the historical police abuse of power or, particularly in Ferguson, the general disregard for its citizens. The looting, sadly, would have happened even without national media present.

IMO focusing on the notion of the media instigating racial tension shows a need to study the deep-seated tension that was already present to understand why people are angry.

Last edited by FindingZen; 05-09-2015 at 05:43 PM..

Old 05-09-2015, 06:29 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
"I've seen every group of people taking part of the actions you mentioned, especially at sneaker releases. Stop with the false generalizations."
I simply ask you what cities have you seen this in for Hispanics? Simple question, no nitpicking at all. Either you can state where you saw it or you made it up. Instead of answering, you have instead made a dozen insulting posts towards me to deflect from it.

Pathetic is when you can't even address the party you disagree with (even irrationally) directly and must hide behind 3rd person attacks.

Is that why your first post in this thread was a broad generalization about an undisclosed race, which had nothing to do with the media's coverage?

And you're wrong, my post in response to yours did in fact talk about the hypocrisy when blacks riot
and whites, well, engage in activities that could be called 'rioting' but is not (reference to Lexington, KY).

To which you still have not responded. Just like the 'confederate flag' thread. Just like the 'thug is racist' thread.

Yawn.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:35 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

Yet TWICE I posted links of Hispanics doing the aforementioned actions, yet AGAIN you act as if you don't see those links and continue to play your childish games.

Btw, there's a moderator viewing this forum. If Tone509 felt as if I was insulting you I'm 100% sure s/he would've taken action by now.

Your little games are hilarious!

Old 05-09-2015, 06:38 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Is that why your first post in this thread was a broad generalization about an undisclosed race, which had nothing to do with the media's coverage?

And you're wrong, my post in response to yours did in fact talk about the hypocrisy when blacks riot
and whites, well, engage in activities that could be called 'rioting' but is not (reference to Lexington, KY).

To which you still have not responded. Just like the 'confederate flag' thread. Just like the 'thug is racist' thread.

Yawn.
"To which you still have not responded. Just like the 'confederate flag' thread. Just like the 'thug is racist' thread."

Stop insulting him! Lmao.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:48 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
"To which you still have not responded. Just like the 'confederate flag' thread. Just like the 'thug is racist' thread."

Stop insulting him! Lmao.
So tell me. I missed the action. Is "thug" racist? I always forget which way the struggle is going these days. What's more important? Historically-based semantics or emotional appeals to metamorphic victimization?

I ask you. And as you consider your reply, I ask that you imagine the sixth and concluding sentence of the preceding paragraph being pronounced by Dr. Michael Eric Dyson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events