Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 11:00 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,492,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello071 View Post
Why are we letting the media get away with this? Why is the media basically inviting the protesters, looters, etc... then these journalists have enough nerve to act like they are the victim.

Is anyone else tired of this?

I no longer can watch this anymore and switch the channel. All this is doing is reenforcing negative stereotypes. I'm tired of this and the last few years I feel the media has instigated all of this to the point of more ratings at the expense of the general public.
The media loves it. I don't watch the national news anymore, only the local.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 11:01 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh, So you place great importance on popularity contest instead of debating the topic. That would explain the nature of so many of your posts. I have no interest in this.

This is another reason that I pay no mind to much of what you post here.
Oh, I attempted to debate the topic, as usual.

And as usual, you only quote part of the post, and ignore the rest, just like in every thread, including one that you started that was deleted because I destroyed your premise and exposed your agenda.

Your 'pay no mind' bit is a lie anyways, since you always have no problem claiming I personally attack you or post nonsense. You just 'pay no mind' to the actual content of my posts simply because you can't argue the points I make. I have asked you multiple times to various threads to address the content, and you simply cannot.

You make broad generalizations about an entire race to incite responses, feign intent of said statements, and then refuse to address those who try to debate your posts. Your shtick is old.

So if you would like to actual address the content of my posts, for once, please do, otherwise, stop responding to my posts with "nonsense".

We all know you won't, besides Railman96 already took care of that.

Last edited by ATG5; 05-09-2015 at 11:10 AM..

Old 05-09-2015, 11:01 AM

613 posts, read 463,087 times
Or they have the nerve to call you racist. Makes no sense to me. I'd really like to know how their brain operates.

Old 05-09-2015, 12:27 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is true. I'm thinking about the Hispanics, the Portuguese the Brazilians I have known and encountered and compare them with the african americans I have known and the difference?

The hispanics have a really strong Family Core and the blacks do not.
This is not true for everyone but it is something I have observed.

I agree. Living in SW Florida, I know a lot of Hispanics and the majority are hard working , family oriented people who are just trying to make a better life for themselves. Sure, there are some rotten apples in the barrel, we are encountering a lot of theft and fraudulent credit cards used by some Hispanics lately, but they are the exception.

One guy who comes to mind has a wife and two daughters, speaks broken English, and very little education. But he has forged out a successful business for himself because he works all day, 7 days a week, and he hustles. He is at our business front door before we open at 8 am, and he is there even on Sunday. If a lot of other people, including we whites worked as hard as him we would have a better life and more money too. He is in his families life and is always talking about his kids and his grand baby.

This is the kind of person you have to have respect for, regardless of his ethnicity.

Don

Old 05-09-2015, 12:49 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

And as usual, you only quote part of the post, and ignore the rest, just like in every thread, including one that you started that was deleted because I destroyed your premise and exposed your agenda.

Your 'pay no mind' bit is a lie anyways, since you always have no problem claiming I personally attack you or post nonsense. You just 'pay no mind' to the actual content of my posts simply because you can't argue the points I make. I have asked you multiple times to various threads to address the content, and you simply cannot.

You make broad generalizations about an entire race to incite responses, feign intent of said statements, and then refuse to address those who try to debate your posts. Your shtick is old.

So if you would like to actual address the content of my posts, for once, please do, otherwise, stop responding to my posts with "nonsense".

I wonder if it's coincidental that he has yet to respond. I see Don has responded even though he can't refute my post.

I love it how they come on here stir up crap like you said to incite responses, and when they get destroyed they play their little "you're PC, race baiting, stop attacking me" games, and still can't like you mentioned again refute anything we say, LMAO!

Old 05-09-2015, 01:18 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
You didn't 'prove' anything. If you actually stepped outside your home instead of posting hateful content on CD you'd notice White, Asian, and Hispanic people wearing those "250$" Air-Jordan sneakers that you were mentioning earlier. Now you tell me something, do you think there's a possibility that any of those people were taking part of the sneaker riot mayhem, or does their skin color exempt them? For you it's more than likely the latter since every race is good & Blacks are bad.....
Still no examples.

You said you have seen examples of Hispanics rioting, burning cities, looting, etc etc etc. Yet you can't name any of the cities where you have seen it happen. You failed to prove you point. Calling me hateful doesn't change this.
Quote:
I wonder if it's coincidental that he has yet to respond. I see Don has responded even though he can't refute my post.

I love it how they come on here stir up crap like you said to incite responses, and when they get destroyed they play their little "you're PC, race baiting, stop attacking me" games, and still can't like you mentioned again refute anything we say, LMAO!
Still no examples, yet post after post where you spend the time to discredit me. Oh and yeah, I was out of the house.
Quote:
He should've just quoted that city dude, and maybe he'd have a valid argument. Deflection at its finest.
Deflection is when you can't tell us which city you where in where you saw Hispanics rioting.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 05-09-2015 at 01:29 PM..

Old 05-09-2015, 01:18 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times
Quote:

Pretty accurate.

No fun to debate with a cheater. No progress gets made and that person doesn't really want to debate.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:22 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Insults? Lol your pathetic attempt to paint an entire race with the same brush does not deserve a serious conversation. Keep spreading ignorance with confidence. That's one of the benefits of living in a 1st world society.
What race are you talking about? If you mean African Americans then I didn't say one thing about them. It's you making that assumption and hence, you guilty of the very thing you accuse me of.
Quote:

What broad generalization have I made in this topic about whatever race you are talking about? Please provide the exact text that you mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Pretty accurate. No fun to debate with a cheater. No progress gets made and that person doesn't really want to debate.
I'll be glad to debate with you. But like the party you are responding to, you only makes posts ABOUT me, not about what I've posted.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:25 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,658,483 times
Journalism is dead. The media incites people on politics, religion, war or whatever. I gave up listening to the news a long time ago. Got tired of hearing "opinions" rather than real journalism. Now I scan the internet, read what I want to and believe half of what I read.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:52 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Still no examples.

You said you have seen examples of Hispanics rioting, burning cities, looting, etc etc etc. Yet you can't name any of the cities where you have seen it happen. You failed to prove you point. Calling me hateful doesn't change this.Still no examples, yet post after post where you spend the time to discredit me. Oh and yeah, I was out of the house. Deflection is when you can't tell us which city you where in where you saw Hispanics rioting.
And like ATG said, once again you nitpick which parts of the quote to choose, LMAO! You didn't see the "51% of rioters arrested were Latino"?

Don't play dense/blind, Waldo. Your games are getting tiring at this point.

51% of Riot Arrests Were Latino, Study Says : Unrest: RAND analysis of court cases finds they were mostly young men. The figures are open to many interpretations, experts note. - latimes

For Anaheim

And here you are again, trying to make it seem as if I'm singling out Hispanic people, I stated every group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events