Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 09:40 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Don't be obtuse.

Nice to see you quoted this post, considering how you usually duct most of mine you can't argue.
Nothing obtuse at all. You make the mistake of assuming that you make posts that are worth argument. Nah. You make posts about me. I make posts about the topic. That is the difference.

All your attempts to discredit this topic and the people who post in it that you disagree with, simply fail. If you expect serious response, then make serious posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 09:41 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,824,700 times
If it Bleeds...it Leads...motto of the media...will not change until ratings plummet for that sort of trash.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
I've seen every group of people taking part of the actions you mentioned, especially at sneaker releases. Stop with the false generalizations.
So what cities in the USA recently experienced riots where buildings were burnt, businesses destroyed, places looted, fire hoses cut, peoples lives put in danger etc etc etc. at the hands of roving, out of control Hispanics where the President is forced to call them criminals in the national press?

Old 05-08-2015, 09:48 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,271,982 times
I know the local newspaper here in Indy likes to stir the pot with divisive issues, instead of finding common ground most folks can agree on.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:58 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So what cities in the USA recently experienced riots where buildings were burnt, businesses destroyed, places looted, fire hoses cut, peoples lives put in danger etc etc etc. at the hands of roving, out of control Hispanics where the President is forced to call them criminals in the national press?
You shouldn't do exactly what the thread is discussing.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You shouldn't do exactly what the thread is discussing.
Nope. Willingness to discuss fact, instead of distracting it is what the media does. I'm sure if you had an answer to my question you would have stated it. Since you don't, you are left with the very tactics used by the media.

The MSM's biggest failure in the USA these days is they don't ask hard questions.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:08 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,291 times
Quote:
Did I specifically point out Hispanics, or did I state every group? Also, did you see me state "majority" or did I simply state "taking part in".

I never said that Hispanics where the majority of the perpetrators, I said every group took part in the actions you've described. You honestly think there weren't any, not a single person of Hispanic descent that took place in the riots over injustice and police brutality?

"haven't demanded that Whites can't use certain words in the English language"

Fox Hosts Gin Up Outrage Over 'Stranded Illegals' Calling 911 In Spanish (VIDEO)

I noticed not only have you conveniently avoided the video link I posted earlier, but it also appears that you and many others on this site seem to have very selective memories.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:11 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,113,070 times
That's capitalism for ya. Sensationalism and Divisiveness = higher ratings = higher advertising rate = higher compensation for personalities and execs = higher income for Tesla = higher income for Elon Musk

See, Elon Musk is at the root of all evil.

Mick

Old 05-08-2015, 10:11 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,476 times
Quote:
Nothing obtuse at all. You make the mistake of assuming that you make posts that are worth argument. Nah. You make posts about me. I make posts about the topic. That is the difference.

All your attempts to discredit this topic and the people who post in it that you disagree with, simply fail. If you expect serious response, then make serious posts.
Considering I have 1.1k more rep points than posts, it seems my "attempts" are quite successful.

But I understand. You making blanket generalizations about a particular race (haven't demanded that Whites can't use certain words in the English language - I can't imagine what that is reference to ), and then act as if you don't know what particular group you were referring to.

Then once you're called out on it, you then attempt to turn it on the poster, and then label it an attack or nonsense as a way to avoid addressing their counter/claims.

Railman96's post provides evidence that rioting and looting is not a racial issue, but a societal issue. Different contexts.

That is not debatable.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:17 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times
Quote:
Nope. Willingness to discuss fact, instead of distracting it is what the media does. I'm sure if you had an answer to my question you would have stated it. Since you don't, you are left with the very tactics used by the media.

The MSM's biggest failure in the USA these days is they don't ask hard questions.
I already gave you an example. Mexico. A place where they didn't do anything until it was too late. Or other South American countries.

What's sad is that its OUR DRUG WAR that's causing the mayhem in their countries.

Americans here are doing something that is going to benefit the ENTIRE WORLD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events