Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2015, 07:42 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,765,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
The police deserve no kudos. They need to start doing their job by enforcing Chapter 125 of the Texas Civil Practice & Remedies Code, against white gangs, as they do against minorities.

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov..._abatement.pdf
We have a similar law here in St Louis, and the sticking point is always the citizen declarations. Without citizen declarations, a nuisance designation is near impossible. But any citizen who makes a declaration is risking their life. (And the Texas law looks even more useless than ours. The property owner can post a $1k bond to prevent closure; then just just have to pay a $10k fine and forfeit the bond. At worst, they can go to jail for 30 days for civil contempt. We at least have a forfeiture built into our nuisance law, even though it is still impossible to get a declaration if there is citizen intimidation involved.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 07:56 AM

4,200 posts, read 4,451,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Yeah, 86 dead Americans was the right way to handle the "problem" of executing a search warrant.
Agree, sorry about that, I forgot the *sarcasm* emoticon...it was not right way to solve the "problem"

But it did fit *somebody's plan*...
February 28, 1993. In the initial assault on Mt. Carmel in
Waco, Texas, four agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
were killed. Those killed in the attack were : Steve Willis, 32, of
Houston; Robert J. Williams, 26, Little Rock, Ark.; Conway LeBleu, 30,
New Orleans; and Todd McKeehan, 28, New Orleans. [Reported in "UPDATE:
AT LEAST FIVE DEAD, 15 INJURED IN TWO SHOOTOUTS AT TEXAS CULT COMPOUND
WACO, TEXAS," MARCH 1, 1993, UPI.]
President Clinton himself revealed that these men had been his
bodyguards in a speech on March 18, 1993, before employees of the
Treasury Department:
"My prayers and I'm sure yours are still with the families of
all four of the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents who were killed in
Waco -- Todd McKeehan and Conway Le Bleu of New Orleans; Steve Willis of
Houston, and Robert Williams from my hometown of Little Rock. Three of
those four were assigned to my security during the course of the primary
or general election." ["REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT TO EMPLOYEES OF THE
TREASURY DEPARTMENT," The Cash Room, Treasury Department, March 18,
1993, 11:48 A.M. EST.]

Old 05-18-2015, 07:59 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,909,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I cannot help it if there are some racists on CD that pile on threads about anything bad done by a black person, don't try to pin that crap on me.

You are probably also familiar with the meme that now somehow the word "thug" is racist....which is what the OP is fishing for here. Sure, some use it along with other words in a racist fashion, but that doesn't make the word racist....anymore than the word watermelon is racist because some people make racist comments using the word.

It's meh, because they're a violent biker gang. They killed each other (yay). They didn't spray a school gym with gunfire and kill innocent bystanders...and nobody is having a march or rally over "racism".

Here's what's sad.

One guy shot by a cop of the incorrect pigmentation is a national crisis.
400 guys shot by a gang member of the same pigmentation is a statistic.

We shrug off thousands of deaths a year in inner-city gang killings, you can't figure out why this biker shooting isn't that exciting? Because there is no *sexy* to the story. No racial angle. The only hook is the high single event body count.
You are minimizing the issue which isn't surprising. There is a national crisis and it has been going on for decades. It's effects are pervasive to the point that many whites accept it as a normalization of inequality.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:03 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,404,178 times
The saddest part to me is that there are plenty of biker clubs, that do good, all over the country. They wear black leather vests with their logos, looking "ferocious" while they ride in single file to a charity event to raise money for the family of a fallen police officer (just this weekend) or to raise money for a sick child (a month ago).

These thugs give the good guys a bad name.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:15 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
The saddest part to me is that there are plenty of biker clubs, that do good, all over the country. They wear black leather vests with their logos, looking "ferocious" while they ride in single file to a charity event to raise money for the family of a fallen police officer (just this weekend) or to raise money for a sick child (a month ago).

These thugs give the good guys a bad name.
While there are some truly good clubs out there, there are plenty of those biker clubs that do good things as cover to the bad stuff they are involved in. The figured out decades ago that having the public look at you as decent people helps in getting them to ignore the bad you do.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:21 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,810,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
A question. Everyone keeps saying these were white biker gangs, but I was under the impression that the Bandidos are a Mexican biker gang. Is that incorrect?
From all I know that is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
The Bandidos are white, I live in a large city where they are present.
I live in a large city and they are predominantly Mexican (hispanic) here. The whole gang-like mentality seems to originate there.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Anyone notice the Nazi SS tat on the arm of the "Road Captain"?

Old 05-18-2015, 08:48 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,013,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
What is the world coming to with all these thugs going around killing people.

Shootout among rival biker gangs in Texas restaurant kills 9
You do realize that the only deaths were all bikers involved in the melee. No innocent bystanders or cops were killed......

WHERE IS GEORGE ZIMMERMAN WHEN YOU NEED HIM!

Old 05-18-2015, 08:48 AM

545 posts, read 594,215 times
Thank you lawd!! Them were not black folk for a change!!!! Hallejuhah!!!!

Old 05-18-2015, 08:52 AM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times
wow. 165 arrests.

Deadly Waco biker gang shooting: At least 165 people booked into jail | KXAN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events