Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 06:42 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,075,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I've said it many times, anybody who believes sexual orientation is a choice is most likely bi-sexual or closet gay. I also believe that many of the people who really obsess over gay people are really fighting against what they are suppressing. But, that's just my opinion.
Hehe, was he ever quoted as saying "Darn right it's a choice, I'm trying really hard not to be gay right now with all these hot dudes on Grindr cruising my profile"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 06:46 PM

522 posts, read 695,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheMatrix View Post
I pity the ignorent.

Please explain to us how being gay causes one to lose their humanity
WAIT, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

As a gay, I think we can just all agree that people are people. Let's just hold hands, sing Kumbaya and focus on the more pressing issues.

Last edited by JoanCrawford; 05-20-2015 at 06:55 PM..

Old 05-20-2015, 06:53 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
I've said it many times, anybody who believes sexual orientation is a choice is most likely bi-sexual or closet gay. I also believe that many of the people who really obsess over gay people are really fighting against what they are suppressing. But, that's just my opinion.
I think it is a choice and I am not a homosexual. I know a lot of people that feel it is a choice and they aren't homosexual. Also, the sin is not being homosexual but sodomy. Obsess? Seriously, the "agenda" (The homosexual propaganda campaign in America's media) keeps it in our face. Do I need to "search" here on the forum for the number of "gay" threads started?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
It's always those that protest the loudest that have the most to hide.
Yet another "buzz" statement for the "agenda". That statement shows pure ignorance of the world around us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
The irony is that you actually sound like you hate women.
OK, here we go again! Yet another hint that someone is really a gay. So sick of that. It is like the homosexual community has a "script" to go with their "agenda" as noted and linked above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Guys who get all uncomfortable around gay men are very clearly not entirely straight. If you weren't worried about your own sexual feelings you wouldn't care. I don't get uncomfortable when I see ugly people getting intimate because it has no effect on me. I'm not attracted to them so I have no feelings one way or the other. I don't get angry when I see food I don't like, or movies I don't like, etc. And being obsessed with "manliness" is clearly not a hetero feeling.
The discomfort comes from the lack of understanding of homosexuality. It is impossible for me to understand taking the health risks, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health | CDC not to mention risking my soul. Also, many of us grew up when homosexuality was listed as a mental illness and many still believe that it is and not one that is treated. And, you can bet that when a TV introduces a homosexual, that show is no longer viewed in our house. I do write the stations and let them know what I think.

This is yet just another hint that the person posting is really a homosexual in hiding in order to the poster to to stop posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I agree here. And this goes for the religious types (especially the religious types given their infatuation with homosexuality despite the fact that their faiths address SO many other things) and non-religious types alike.
Sodomy is a sin. The homosexual community are constantly throwing it into everyone's face and we don't want to think about the vile acts committed. I once read the list and the percentage of homosexuals that said they participated in them - no wonder we are uncomfortable in their presence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Most people I've known who railed against gay people turned out to be gay themselves.

If you're straight, you're likely going to have better things to obsess about than whether making love with someone of your gender is "wrong".

JMO.
Not when, in the name of the "agenda" you keep dragging up the same subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Homosexuality is unnatural. Enough said. It shouldn't be promoted as being equal to heterosexuality. It isn't. We could point fingers and argue all day about those who've "come out of the closet" after living a straight life, but it doesn't change the fact that homosexuality isn't the natural order of things. Just because everybody seems to be "doing it", shouldn't make it acceptable.

If those gay men weren't flamboyant and seeking attention, nobody would know or care what they do to each other. They make it known to us by flaunting it. Don't tell me it isn't being crammed down our throats. It is, by those who have no belief in, or tolerance of God or Christianity.
And, stressing "tolerance of God" because Christianity is not the only religion that considers sodomy a sin and opposes "gay marriage".

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
After all of that, I have to ask why do you care? It's "unnatural." So, what? You don't like sexual homosexual behavior, then turn off the TV or watch religious channels, etc. Just don't tell people to not be who they are, regardless of whether you believe its "natural" or not. We've already seen the devastating effect that such views have on society.
I encourage everyone who opposes the promotion of homosexuality on television to contact the stations and their advertisers before you stop watching and let them know that is your intention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Is anyone even surprised by this anymore? The only people who go out of their way to demonize gay people do so because they're attracted to same sex people and are ashamed.
No, that is not true and those posting that crap are well aware of it. You are just trying to stop people that follow the laws of God to stop posting so it looks like people "accept". The majority of people "tolerate" but they will never "accept" that homosexuality is anything other than abnormal and that sodomy is not a sin.

Quote:
No it isn't. Homosexuality occurs in nature among most species. That's the opposite of unnatural. Maybe read a book other than the Bible for once in your life?

I have no tolerance for Christianity when it's being spouted so ignorantly by people like you. Jesus had nothing to say about gay people but he had a lot to say about judging others.
We have been through what it says in the Bible a million times so that is a non-issue. BIBLE VERSES ABOUT SODOMY And, we are all waiting for the proof that it is natural because a lower form of animal does it. I have two female dogs, one "rides" the other. It is a sign of dominance, one is dominating the other although from what I am heard. Monkeys do some interesting things in public, does that make it OK for people? Normal? Natural?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Because it's true. It's not a matter of whether a person is interested in gay sex (or broccoli), but whether they insist on bringing it up and preaching against it at every turn.

If a person doesn't like broccoli, they don't go on and on about how awful it is. They just decline it when offered. The same is true of being gay. If you're not gay, you don't get incensed or offended by it. You just aren't interested. But people who spend all their time railing against it must be thinking about it an awful lot.
Yes, wouldn't it be great if you shut down the opposition? We aren't interested in hearing about it but you can't get your mind off of it since so many threads here at C-D take the turn to promote the homosexual lifestyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Why does all of that even bother you? You're the one who chooses to make a big deal out of it. Gotta love how all the hypocritical Christians use the bible to try justify their hateful behavior.
"Hateful", buzz word for the "agenda". Christians are not the only ones who feel that sodomy is a sin and that "gay marriage" is..........nothing good. The constant whining and false statements made by the LGBT community must be addressed. It isn't about hate coming from others but the hate coming from within when you know what you are doing is wrong. I realize that the LGBT community would feel better about themselves if there was wide spread acceptance that what they do isn't sinful and/or unnatural and/or resulting from a mental health condition but you can't expect everyone else to sell themselves out (and sacrifice their soul) to make you feel good about yourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
It may be unnatural to you but as others have noted it is a very natural occurrence. What is unnatural is why some, like you and Saan, are so unnaturally concerned with what other people do. You may ask yourself where and why you believe homosexuality is being "promoted" in the absence of recruiting drives and advertising campaigns.

You are free to believe whatever you do about your Christianity and your god but there is no requirement or logical reason for anyone to agree. Please share with us more detail about how those gay people are cramming things down your throat, it may help explain the thrust of your argument.
And, there is no reason for those following the laws of God and that includes more than Christians, to deny their God.

How many "gay" threads are here on C-D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freealex View Post
Now this is what I like to see. I find it funny how countless pastors and priests claim to be "men of God" but they're always caught doing stuff like this.
They aren't perfect, so?

Quote:
Not if they're in denial and trying to convince themselves they can just not be gay.

It is bigotry if you try to impose your morals at the expense of others' freedoms. It used to be that hating black people and keeping them segregated was a good, moral value in this country. Your hatred puts you on the wrong side of history and morality.
Actually, it was never considered a good and moral value to discriminate against black people It was an entirely different dynamic. Did you by chance study American history? I'm guessing not. Slaves were brought over in chains, sold and were owned like animals. Even once they did get freed, their lives were a nightmare. It wasn't that people wouldn't bake them a wedding cake, do the flowers for their wedding or photograph their wedding/reception and comparing homosexuals in any way to blacks showed incomprehensible ignorance of history.

Ex-homosexuals: Ex-homosexuals - Conservapedia While there has been a ban on providing therapy for people with gay tendencies to turn that around, that doesn't stop anyone to asking and working through God: Homosexuality, Hope, and Humility Video | Awaken Manhattan

Sorry, a lot of ministers have sinned and been outed but that doesn't make the sin of others any less of an issue. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. Many have become separated from God and no longer know the difference between right and wrong: Separation from God (Forerunner Commentary) - Bible Tools

Well, I am not the one that brought up homosexuality. I don't think I have ever started such a thread although I do have a blog post which gives the background on why I looked and tried to understand so that I could protect my son who could not protect himself. People like my son are targets for sexual perversion.
To me, homosexuality is a mental illness and sodomy is a sin, both unhealthy from a mental and physical standpoint. Keep it out of my face and I will be silent.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:54 PM

16,591 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
I can only speak for myself, but while I would not characterize my disagreement with the homosexual agenda as being obsessed, others might.
I have also said for some homosexuals it is a choice, and have given at least two examples where people explained to me how they became homosexuals (i.e. rape).

So I check off both your boxes, yet am about as far away from being a homo myself as can be. I actually find the thought of it repulsive, so there is no latent homosexuality inside me.

In the case of clergy or politicians it might be more akin self loathing because they are taught that being homo is a sin, or unacceptable from a political perspective. I really cannot say, as I've never met/known anyone who was a politician or clergyman and also a closet homosexual.

`

Old 05-20-2015, 07:00 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
1 Huge detail I've noticed over my long life is..That gay folk either gender do NOT PUSH their lifestyle onto you..But embarace you as a human being..unlike my many experiences when some guy full of testosterone feeling his oats choses to restrain and rape you..then claim it was consensual ....Out of those profile's just who would you befriend?

For me I learned very young just who I could trust..and believe me fast talking pretty boys stood LAST! on my list...Looks got those creeps a lot of perks..BUT as far as I'm concerned..any gay person I ever worked with or encountered NEVER forced anything on me......

AS for claiming gay folk being Pedo's..THAT's stupid...IMO Only sick troubled folk mostly not gay love kiddies..NOTHING to do with LGBT at all!! They are a complete separate group!! SMH

Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation

Last edited by Lyndarn; 05-20-2015 at 07:17 PM..

Old 05-20-2015, 07:01 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Married with a grindr profile? Trifling
You'd be surprised. Here in Texas guys are proud to cheat on there wives with men. They list it as it were a positive attribute.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:06 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Quote:
Yup!

Old 05-20-2015, 07:07 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think it is a choice and I am not a homosexual. I know a lot of people that feel it is a choice and they aren't homosexual. Also, the sin is not being homosexual but sodomy. Obsess? Seriously, the "agenda" (The homosexual propaganda campaign in America's media) keeps it in our face. Do I need to "search" here on the forum for the number of "gay" threads started?

Yet another "buzz" statement for the "agenda". That statement shows pure ignorance of the world around us.

OK, here we go again! Yet another hint that someone is really a gay. So sick of that. It is like the homosexual community has a "script" to go with their "agenda" as noted and linked above.

The discomfort comes from the lack of understanding of homosexuality. It is impossible for me to understand taking the health risks, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health | CDC not to mention risking my soul. Also, many of us grew up when homosexuality was listed as a mental illness and many still believe that it is and not one that is treated. And, you can bet that when a TV introduces a homosexual, that show is no longer viewed in our house. I do write the stations and let them know what I think.

This is yet just another hint that the person posting is really a homosexual in hiding in order to the poster to to stop posting.

Sodomy is a sin. The homosexual community are constantly throwing it into everyone's face and we don't want to think about the vile acts committed. I once read the list and the percentage of homosexuals that said they participated in them - no wonder we are uncomfortable in their presence!

Not when, in the name of the "agenda" you keep dragging up the same subject.

And, stressing "tolerance of God" because Christianity is not the only religion that considers sodomy a sin and opposes "gay marriage".

I encourage everyone who opposes the promotion of homosexuality on television to contact the stations and their advertisers before you stop watching and let them know that is your intention.

No, that is not true and those posting that crap are well aware of it. You are just trying to stop people that follow the laws of God to stop posting so it looks like people "accept". The majority of people "tolerate" but they will never "accept" that homosexuality is anything other than abnormal and that sodomy is not a sin.

We have been through what it says in the Bible a million times so that is a non-issue. BIBLE VERSES ABOUT SODOMY And, we are all waiting for the proof that it is natural because a lower form of animal does it. I have two female dogs, one "rides" the other. It is a sign of dominance, one is dominating the other although from what I am heard. Monkeys do some interesting things in public, does that make it OK for people? Normal? Natural?

Yes, wouldn't it be great if you shut down the opposition? We aren't interested in hearing about it but you can't get your mind off of it since so many threads here at C-D take the turn to promote the homosexual lifestyle.

"Hateful", buzz word for the "agenda". Christians are not the only ones who feel that sodomy is a sin and that "gay marriage" is..........nothing good. The constant whining and false statements made by the LGBT community must be addressed. It isn't about hate coming from others but the hate coming from within when you know what you are doing is wrong. I realize that the LGBT community would feel better about themselves if there was wide spread acceptance that what they do isn't sinful and/or unnatural and/or resulting from a mental health condition but you can't expect everyone else to sell themselves out (and sacrifice their soul) to make you feel good about yourselves.

And, there is no reason for those following the laws of God and that includes more than Christians, to deny their God.

How many "gay" threads are here on C-D.

They aren't perfect, so?

Actually, it was never considered a good and moral value to discriminate against black people It was an entirely different dynamic. Did you by chance study American history? I'm guessing not. Slaves were brought over in chains, sold and were owned like animals. Even once they did get freed, their lives were a nightmare. It wasn't that people wouldn't bake them a wedding cake, do the flowers for their wedding or photograph their wedding/reception and comparing homosexuals in any way to blacks showed incomprehensible ignorance of history.

Ex-homosexuals: Ex-homosexuals - Conservapedia While there has been a ban on providing therapy for people with gay tendencies to turn that around, that doesn't stop anyone to asking and working through God: Homosexuality, Hope, and Humility Video | Awaken Manhattan

Sorry, a lot of ministers have sinned and been outed but that doesn't make the sin of others any less of an issue. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. Many have become separated from God and no longer know the difference between right and wrong: Separation from God (Forerunner Commentary) - Bible Tools

Well, I am not the one that brought up homosexuality. I don't think I have ever started such a thread although I do have a blog post which gives the background on why I looked and tried to understand so that I could protect my son who could not protect himself. People like my son are targets for sexual perversion.
To me, homosexuality is a mental illness and sodomy is a sin, both unhealthy from a mental and physical standpoint. Keep it out of my face and I will be silent.
Thanks for the laugh!

I would really think about who REALLY has a mental illness after reading such a diatribe.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:30 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Thanks for the laugh!

I would really think about who REALLY has a mental illness after reading such a diatribe.

LOL and if that poster never even considered that normal everyday jock's will often try or attempt to sodomy..and IF permissible by partner..No harm No Fowl..Right?? Well according to them those buff, hero's footballers and anyone else heterosexual dabbles in SAME practice when it comes to Sexual practices/positions and so on..SO IF those condemning such a thing actually realize THEY ARE condemning about 70% of everyone on earth..including all religions..no need to be Christian ..who once again claims anyone partaking are all blasphemous/sinners'/doomed, before you get thru the front door of discussions...LOL

No longer is one country ( 20% of that country) able to limit what people do throughout their country let alone world-wide..Kinda makes me LOL at such faux outrage...SMH Still trying to figure out if these righteous claims are from their true beliefs or for trolling agenda.. ( Pastor namesake of thread proves my point!)..

IF it's True belief..then fine..But to blame messenger after messenger that tried to educate that get's shunned and painted as LEFTST is just ridiculous...If that were so..then why are only the extremist right wing folk claiming debunked things still after decades of proof of different info??

Old 05-20-2015, 07:33 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Keep it out of my face and I will be silent.
Thats a two way street sweetheart. Are you going to keep your homophobic ideology out of my face, and more importantly out of politics.

BTW, if Sodomy is a sin, what's it considered if a woman likes anal sex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events