Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 07:50 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,377,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Oh, please don't pin the behaviors of a few evangelicals on everybody. You know better than that. That's like saying all Muslims are bad because of a few Islamic terrorists.
Ohhh pleeze Louieeze..Talk about painting behaviours of a few and claim it's unfair...THAT my friend is exactly what ALL Right leaning Politicians have been doing like forever!!!!!! For normal folk who realizes that gay people aren't the problem at all..YET it's been declared an "Abomination" like for decades...WOW..Not any more and nobody is painting anybody ..Just another tactic of politics..LOL ROFLMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I believe The Evangelical divorce rate is as high as any population, which means your divorce rate in your community is, nearly, 50%, it's not a "few". . BTW don't most Evangelicals hate Muslims? Why would you care if all Muslims are lumped as terrorists?
Double Standards my friend..Don't look at us..IT'S them..THEY are the one's who break the rule/FAMILY Values...Makes me LOL but when Kool-Aide drinkers post..It's Bible Driven proven as some sort of Condemnation ..Let's just look at what Family Value's are countrywide...It certainly doesn't represent what the 19% wishes to flog day in and day out on the Political rhetoric meters!! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 07:58 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,639,375 times
Quote:
Oh, please don't pin the behaviors of a few evangelicals on everybody. You know better than that. That's like saying all Muslims are bad because of a few Islamic terrorists.
Oh come ON. More than "a few" evangelical Christians have gotten a divorce.

According to the Bible, Jesus never said one thing against homosexuality but he had a lot to say against divorce. So why aren't they trying to ban it? Why aren't they trying to pass laws saying once someone is married they have to stay married forever or can't ever remarry? Why aren't they shunning divorced family members? Why aren't they speaking out against adoptions by couples where one or more partners have had a previous marriage?

Because they're huge hypocrites who cherry pick the verses of the Bible they agree with and ignore the rest.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:36 PM

2,269 posts, read 3,804,645 times
I think a factor that is rarely discussed, but one that tends to confuse the issue, is the number of people who engage in homosexual activity, despite not being truly gay. While people who are truly gay, are indeed, born that way, there are a number of people who are not true bisexuals (meaning strongly attracted to both sexes), but who for various reasons, are comfortable with having sex with members of their own gender, despite actually being heterosexual in their orientation. This group would include men who had sex with men in prison, and are comfortable enough with it to occasionally continue to have sex with men after release, despite having a strong interest in women. There are also oversexed types, who will stick it anywhere, but have no interest in men beyond the release the act achieves. On the other side, you have women who seek comfort in the arms of another woman, after being in an abusive relationship with one or more men. Many of these women are not really lesbians, and will frequently have difficulty staying away from men. I think these are the folks that make some people think that being gay is a choice. I would guess that real gay people would be familiar with these types. I wonder what percentage of the people who have sex with the same gender, consists of these "pseudo gays", and what effect do they have on the perception of gay issues.

Before someone comes and spouts that anyone who has sex with the same gender even once is gay, for the sake of this discussion, I'm using the word gay to describe someone who's primary sexual attraction is to people of the same gender.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:37 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,167,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
According to the Bible, Jesus never said one thing against homosexuality

huge hypocrites who cherry pick the verses of the Bible they agree with and ignore the rest.
I have remained silent in several instances of misinterpreting the Bible in this thread, but the hypocrisy here is too much to leave unaddressed (I'm assuming this was an honest mistake and not a deliberate act of intellectual dishonesty).

Homosexuality, and homosexual activity specifically, is condemned multiple times in both Testaments.

The fact that Jesus never directly addressed homosexuality does not mean that He didn't condemn it. He doubled-down on the condemnation of all sin when He said "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:17-19 ESV

Old 05-21-2015, 11:10 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,639,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
I have remained silent in several instances of misinterpreting the Bible in this thread, but the hypocrisy here is too much to leave unaddressed (I'm assuming this was an honest mistake and not a deliberate act of intellectual dishonesty).

Homosexuality, and homosexual activity specifically, is condemned multiple times in both Testaments.

The fact that Jesus never directly addressed homosexuality does not mean that He didn't condemn it. He doubled-down on the condemnation of all sin when He said "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:17-19 ESV
Oh please. There are plenty of acts condemned more frequently in the Bible that get a pass today because Christians don't think they apply to them or figure "God will forgive me because Jesus is my savior."

The type of person who uses Bible verses to bash homosexuals is one who also happily ignores what the Bible says when it's convenient for them. I don't see too many Christians stoning their disrespectful children to death or Christian women sleeping in a tent in the yard when they're on their period.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:31 PM

3,735 posts, read 5,781,407 times
Time to add another verse to THE COMPLETELY HETEROSEXUAL SONG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIsLFjWCTsk

Old 05-22-2015, 04:40 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,174,869 times
Quote:
.........He doubled-down on the condemnation of all sin when He said "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:17-19 ESV
Heh .....
Quote:
14 “‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death;(Y) those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. 15 For six days work(Z) is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest,(AA) holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.
And by the way, the original Sabbath as commanded by Yahweh (Jehovah, Adonai) lasted from friday sundown to saturday sundown. If you know anyone who works on Saturday, you should stone them to death.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:49 AM

672 posts, read 790,360 times
Quote:
Weren't you the one who talked about the bible telling you to avoid behaviors in the first place?

I mean, God orders Ibrahim/Abraham to sacrifice his son, which was not an abomination in those days. Okie dokie.

Whatever, hide behind a book that has been bastardized for millennia, that is fine. Live an let live.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:04 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,867,964 times
Quote:
None of us are casting stones. If you had the Bible knowledge that you think you have, you would know that. We're speaking out on behavior the Bible condemns and warns us to avoid.
I feel that his adultery is wrong as that is breaking his marriage vows and his wife is feeling the brunt of that now. His posts show that he is conflicted. He should have divorced and THEN pursued his orientation. Not try to "have his cake and eat it too". I truly feel sorry for this man as well as his family and church. :

Old 05-22-2015, 08:26 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,727,994 times
Quote:

Okay. Then why aren't evangelical Christians bent on upholding all the "dots' of the Law? Why are they so focused on homosexuality?

The answer to that question brings us full circle: It's because they can't stop thinking about it. They're not obsessed with divorce, or shellfish eating, or beard growth, or shunning women while they're menstruating, or gluttony or sloth or pride. They're obsessed with gay sex, which is why they bring it up at every turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events