Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 11:33 AM

2,953 posts, read 997,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So . . talk about hypocrisy. There is a whole heap of condemnation in the OT but I notice fundies never follow it. They do like to talk about the gays a lot though.

Whatevs. We see it.
To the sound of a foot tapping under the wall of an airport bathroom stall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 11:36 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,342,259 times
I really hope Ireland votes in favor of legalizing gay marriage. They will be the first country to do so through an election where all citizens get to vote.

If Ireland, which is an incredibly conservative Catholic country can get on board with gay rights, it's time for the world to.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:49 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,927,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Sometimes it seems like gays are obsessed with their gay-ness. It's a choice. They made it. Big whoop.

But the pastor needs to practice what he preaches - or stop preaching. Which I guess he has...

And exactly how did you determine this? Are you bisexual and have choosen to stick with the opposite sex?

Or perhaps you just think that's they way it is because it seems correct to you and sounds like the right answer.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:14 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,753,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Sometimes it seems like gays are obsessed with their gay-ness. It's a choice. They made it. Big whoop.

But the pastor needs to practice what he preaches - or stop preaching. Which I guess he has...
How old were you when you chose to be straight?

Old 05-22-2015, 12:24 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,189,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
How old were you when you chose to be straight?
It's amazing how I can NEVER get an answer out of the anti-gay crowd when I ask that question.

I do not remember when I consciously decided to be straight.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:34 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,927,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It's amazing how I can NEVER get an answer out of the anti-gay crowd when I ask that question.

And you won't all they have to offer is a few words out of a book or baseless opinion not based on any fact.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:40 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,047,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I've said it many times, anybody who believes sexual orientation is a choice is most likely bi-sexual or closet gay. I also believe that many of the people who really obsess over gay people are really fighting against what they are suppressing. But, that's just my opinion.
Yep. It's also telling when they preach how righteous people must "resist those urges, because they are of the devil!" or some crud.

Um, no - as a straight male, I can safely say that there are no gay "urges" to resist. And if they are having such urges, than they are not straight.

I don't judge them for that - I judge them for their hypocrisy and hate-mongering.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:43 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,047,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

I've brought that one up before, both on these forums, and around gay-haters, and it is hilarious watching their mental gears tear apart when they ponder that question.

"When did you CHOOSE to be straight?"

And they always answer, "um, well... my first crush was this girl in middle school..."

"No, when did you CHOOSE to like girls - to find them attractive - and thus be straight?"

They NEVER have an answer. They just keep repeating stories of their first crush or first time they got turned on, or they fall back on idiotic Biblical nonsense or what "the preacher told them... because JEEEEESUS teaches us to hate!" or some crud.

I find it troubling that there apparently are people dumb enough to think that 5% of the population goes home one evening after hitting puberty and draws up a comparison list between being gay and being straight, and then chooses to be gay. Anyone who honestly thinks that how it happens, or - worse - thinks that evil spirits made it happen - really is too primitive or irrational to have any influence on this topic.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:33 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,351,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
About what? Your interpretation of a book? The Bible was never meant to be used like a text book.
And it certainly wasn't intended to be the basis for the laws of our nation. If it was, we would have a lot more peace and lot more doing-unto-others because that's mainly what the New Testament preaches.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:43 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,374,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
And exactly how did you determine this? Are you bisexual and have choosen to stick with the opposite sex?

Or perhaps you just think that's they way it is because it seems correct to you and sounds like the right answer.
Oh no! I'm back! I'll always have an answer and a defense for my opinion. It absolutely is a choice. I'm a heterosexual but I can choose not to have sex - and have abstained for long periods of time. Because something feels good doesn't mean you have to do it. What if someone is attracted to... something out of the norm. Can they help that? Probably not. Do they have to act upon it? No. Can they choose to? Yep.

I'm a very basic, black and white, right and wrong kind of person. I have gay friends as well as straight friends. Do I want to be involved with the antics of their sex life. No thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events