Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 09:47 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,982,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Some of us think our values and morals for our children are worth fighting for.
And risk your child 4 year old child being taken away?

What is the end game? You aren't going to stay away from the police forever. Again it's irrational. If you are a concerned mother as she would claim, assuming you are being rational, then your child's well-being should come first and leaving your child in the hands of someone else while you go to jail doesn't make sense no matter what the issue is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 09:47 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,620,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Male genital mutilation?
What would you call chopping off a part of your penis at birth?

Old 05-26-2015, 09:53 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
So because they aren't featured in the wikipedia article then they aren't as active? That settles it. Wikipedia wins again.

I said activists, not having opposition.

I have been to multiple activists website from the biggest Intactivists in the country and they have just about all been women. I'm not saying that men don't support this, but it's ironic because men are often times shunned for having opinions on anything dealing with women's health, i.e. birth control, abortion, etc.
It's because we are your mommies and we love you.

I didn't really want my son to be circumcised, because who wants to put their newborn through pain, but I left the decision up to his dad, who wanted it done. My former husband (dad) is uncircumcised and always felt weird in locker rooms and such. It's a guy thing, so I backed off.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:57 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,825,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
What would you call chopping off a part of your penis at birth?
If the lord had wanted no foreskins he would have built 'em that way.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

I didn't really want my son to be circumcised, because who wants to put their newborn through pain, but I left the decision up to his dad, who wanted it done. My former husband (dad) is uncircumcised and always felt weird in locker rooms and such. It's a guy thing, so I backed off.
And I think that's the respectful thing to do. I think there are certain things personally that we as men and women can't completely understand. I can't tell my wife any and everything she should do while she is pregnant. There are certain things she understands, that I may not, but I respect and support her because I trust that she has a great understand of what that experience is like. The same for this, as a man, I would imagine your ex-husband has a different perspective than you do. It doesn't mean that your opinion doesn't matter but it's not the same.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:59 AM

What the media isn't really mentioning though:

Sun Sentinel

Quote:

Nebus testified in court in 2013 that he wanted his son to get a circumcision
after noticing that he was urinating on his leg. He said a doctor told him the
boy had a condition called phimosis, which prevents retraction of the foreskin,
but Hironimus said there has been no such diagnosis.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:00 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,830 times
I always thought circumcision was a personal choice.

If this woman is being forced, is it her husband who had a court order?

Sorry, I didn't read through the thread and do not know if this is due to a court order.

My boys were done at birth not at 4 y/o. I imagine it would hurt like heck after the surgery to remove the foreskin.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:01 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

I love you too mommy! Wait, I don't think my mom has a CD account JK

I think your last statement is a bit weird. (your ex husband no offense) The very LAST thing that ever was discussed in locker rooms was our penis while I was in there.

I'm uncircumcised too and I'd feel weird and abit angry if another man asked me a question about my penis.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:07 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
I love you too mommy! Wait, I don't think my mom has a CD account JK

I think your last statement is a bit weird. (your ex husband no offense) The very LAST thing that ever was discussed in locker rooms was our penis while I was in there.

I'm uncircumcised too and I'd feel weird and abit angry if another man asked me a question about my penis.
They didn't say anything, they just looked at him funny. I guess his junk looked different than everybody else's junk. What do I know? Girls hide everything in the locker room. We are different.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:08 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,690,222 times
I really dont side either way with this issue, I can be for or against. I would think its best if your going to do it, have it done when the child is an infant, not later in life. To me the procedure is unnecessary, though I am not a doctor or know a whole lot about the pros/cons.

With this case though, I dont blame the mother for sticking up for her son with what she felt was best, even if it seemed extreme. She still did break the law and may have to face the consequence of that. Not sure how a couple could come to an agreement when one is strongly for it and other against. Tough situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events