Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 01:38 PM

28,718 posts, read 18,935,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Next question, When you are in an obvious mob situation with cops rolling up and a cop tells you to sit down and don't move do you..... A. Sit down and wait for the cop to figure out that you had nothing to do with it or B. The second the cop turns away run like hell until you're caught and then run your mouth about how innocent you are?
There was no "obvious mob situation" from the point of view of those teens. From their point of view, it was still a party until the police showed up.

Some of those kids were members of the church where I am a youth leader. What we're going to tell them for situations going forward:

1. Answer direct questions, say nothing more, don't talk back.
2. Cross the street
3. Pull out your phones, call us or call your parents
4. Record the situation

No, we're not going to tell them to leave the police to do whatever they want to whomever they want without witnesses. We're not going to pretend this is Mayberry,

Old 06-08-2015, 01:39 PM

7,843 posts, read 4,595,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When I saw the first few moments of the full video, I thought it was a satire video when the cop falls and does that tuck and roll into fighting stance. lol
LOL indeed. Comedian Jack Black lives in Beverly Hills and drives a Lamborghini for busting that exact same move...

EDIT: Found it !! Jack Black's Judo Tiger Roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzkP3CJywKk

Last edited by take57; 06-08-2015 at 02:14 PM..

Old 06-08-2015, 01:40 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,763,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Nobody in this case needed to use a gun, either, as we see with the other officers. In fact, there was no force needed at all, which we see with the other officers.

Every attempt to excuse this one officer is refuted by the fact that none of the other officers--all of whom saw the same situation--did not go to anywhere near the escalated level of aggression as this one officer.
Hindsight is always 20/20. Much different if you are being surrounded by a bunch of wild "teens". While some will decide this, as always, by skin color. I'm willing to wait until the investigation is over.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:47 PM

71 posts, read 86,875 times
trespassing on public streets? refusing to co-operate with law enforcement by not laying on my face for a wrongful arrest? the way some of you guys reason is interesting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Tresspassing, and refusing to co-operate with law enforcement can result in detainment until the investigation is completed.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:48 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,861,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
You are right, it could have turned dangerous .... so where were the water cannons, the armored cars and the tear gas? You can never be too careful when it comes to teens at the pool.
I know right! I'm surprised the cops didn't show up in full riot gear! Look at how many miscreants there were running around. I probably would've been in a fetal position because teens in swim suits running away from me is just too much to handle.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:49 PM

19,913 posts, read 12,203,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
These faceboook comments have no more weight than comments posted by me or you..
I have no reason to believe they are more or less accurate than anything written on this site.
If those comments are from actual residents who know more of the story than we do, sitting behind our keyboards, how can they not hold more weight?

Old 06-08-2015, 01:49 PM

7,279 posts, read 10,992,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
There was no "obvious mob situation" from the point of view of those teens. From their point of view, it was still a party until the police showed up.

Some of those kids were members of the church where I am a youth leader. What we're going to tell them for situations going forward:

1. Answer direct questions, say nothing more, don't talk back.
2. Cross the street
3. Pull out your phones, call us or call your parents
4. Record the situation

No, we're not going to tell them to leave the police to do whatever they want to whomever they want without witnesses. We're not going to pretend this is Mayberry,
Please include:

1. Do the right things
2. Obey the laws
3. Avoid situations that have a high potential for problems

That usually avoids your #1,2,3 and 4.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:50 PM

7,279 posts, read 10,992,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
If those comments are from actual residents who know more of the story than we do, sitting behind our keyboards, how can they not hold more weight?
Because you don't know for a fact who those people really are? For once some sense is made.

Anyone can post anything about anything.

Just read some of the threads here about the police and you can see how one sided they are intended to be until more information comes out.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:52 PM

71 posts, read 86,875 times
mob situation is a teenage girl talking back to you and walking away? tuck and roll a bit much? you have your mind made up on what you want to see buddy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Some of the posts on here flat out amaze me in their animosity towards police. I watched the whole video and noticed a few things that people should think about. First off, from what I saw the cop placed his hand on the back of that girls head. He didn't GRAB her by her HAIR. Didn't happen. Also, had that mouthy tough girl left instead of running her mouth after being given several chances she wouldn't have been on the ground.
Now, while this cop was trying to detain this brat he noticed a few people charging up from behind him, what do you expect a cop to do when you're in a mob situation, down on the ground tussling with someone and get charged by people? Did you expect for him to calmly turn around and say hello? He had no idea what the intent was of these idiots and so pulled his weapon to possibly defend himself.

Then the comment about the other two cops coming to restrain him. ROFLMAO! The two cops ran up to back him up and (if you watch the video) charge off after two guys that rushed their partner returning with one in handcuffs.

Now think about this, think carefully now..... When a cop tells you to leave or at least shut up and go across the street do you A. Leave and watch from across the streeet? B.Run your mouth even after the cop tells you multiple times to shut up,leave or go to jail?

Next question, When you are in an obvious mob situation with cops rolling up and a cop tells you to sit down and don't move do you..... A. Sit down and wait for the cop to figure out that you had nothing to do with it or B. The second the cop turns away run like hell until you're caught and then run your mouth about how innocent you are?

This seems like a emotionally charged crowd situation where ignorant people decided, yes decided ignore simple,lawful direction (shut up, sit down and wait) and further decided to push the issue by flapping their gums agitating the situation.

Man oh man, given some of the questionable things cops have done lately do y'all think putting this incident up as one of those questionable incidents REALLY does any good for anyone?
What a world we're turning into...

Old 06-08-2015, 01:57 PM

28,718 posts, read 18,935,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Please include:

1. Do the right things
2. Obey the laws
3. Avoid situations that have a high potential for problems

That usually avoids your #1,2,3 and 4.
Beyond the points I stated, nothing you stated applies to this situation that the average teenager of any race is going to recognize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events