Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 08:45 AM

477 posts, read 844,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Most of us are not asking for cops who make mistakes to be hung publicly, but we are asking that there mistakes are properly addressed.
Maybe you. But right now there is a witch hunt going on by the media because it sells really well. I am not even talking about this specific incident. It is more a general assessment.

Of course mistakes need to be properly addressed. But right now it seems like facts do not even matter in all cases as long as the story sells or as long as somebody gets the opportunity to demonstrate or riot.

Just saying it is a very slippery slope.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:45 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,698,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
(1) You can find out for yourself through social media like I said.

(2) I said take it with a grain of salt.
Everything on social media is ONLY AN ACCUSATION WITHOUT A SHRED OF EVIDENCE. This is how you determine facts?

There have been many posts on here that are not taking these accusations with a grain of salt, they are repeating them as though they are fact.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:46 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,358,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post
Here is what is gonna happen in this country.

1. People are looking for every single mistake a police office makes to hang him publically.

2. Police officers will be afraid to do their job because they fear that the first little mistake might cost them their job or even their freedom

3. All good police officers will quit their job or not do their job correctly to avoid getting themselves in a bad situation

4. There will be no good cops out there to protect the public from bad people

5. Crime will skyrocket

6. Everybody (including the people that were looking for every single mistake a police officer makes) will cry for the police to help just to find out there is nobody to help them.

7. Then they will find somebody else to blame for that situation

The stupidity is just mind blowing. Let the police do their job. I am sure almost every cop is doing his/her job for the right reasons and is trying his/her best. There are always some bad apples but that is the case everywhere you look.
People that want to portay cops as racist and brutal are really playing with fire. But then again they might not care.
More fear mongering, how lovely.

(1) No, people are looking for cops that don't use excessive force and for the cops that do to be punished just like a citizen would.

(2) Then the job isn't for them.

(3) LoL.

(4) See #3

(5) Nope.

(6) Surprise surprise. more fear mongering.

(7) There's multiple people who are to blame.

"Let them do their jobs and don't hold them to a higher standard otherwise you might hurt their precious little feelings and they'll refuse to do their jobs that the American tax payers fund."

Old 06-10-2015, 08:48 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,100,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calculator View Post
He was probably oferred a choice - get fired with no benefits or resign with benefits.

I'm sure he didn't resign on his own because he felt bad about what happened. It's not enough to say he resigned. What should be said is that he was probably asked to resign.

His department should commended for not tolerating such behavior. However, to send him away with benefits isn't right, either.

There was a brutality incident on file about this officer before this incident, as well.
OK.. so if you do something at work tomorrow and resign then we should take away your earned benefits?. An incident on file against any one for anything is just that... an incident on file ...
Really?.... you might want to rethink that thought process...

You don't know about his resignation... it was reported he gave his chief a note that said..."I resign"... that's it... and I wonder what you would do with America crawling up your butt.... would he have been found to have violated policy..probably.. would he have been fired.. possibly... I think after he looked at how he acted and realized his behavior was not professional and did the right thing to reduce the temperature and resigned...

There is movement afoot that would formalize that an officer convicted of a serious felony be stripped of future benefits... but even that can't take away those already earned.. deferred comp etc

As far as this ex officer
Decorated navy veteran.. ex military mp... ex Texas state trooper
The complaint you allege was dismissed.. it was never refiled.. the suspect was arrested.. the allegation was not battery but harassment.. etc.. same person filed action against another officer for assault.. all dismissed

He had a bad day.. he presented himself poorly...
He's gone
Let's focus on the din of people who are looking for any situation to push their agenda... don't get sucked into it

Last edited by notmeofficer; 06-10-2015 at 09:09 AM..

Old 06-10-2015, 08:49 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,358,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Everything is social media is ONLY AN ACCUSATION WITHOUT A SHRED OF EVIDENCE. This is how you determine facts?

There have been many posts on here that are not taking these accusations with a grain of salt, they are repeating them as though they are fact.
Did I present my "evidence" as if it were 100% non refutable, or did I state this is the closest thing I can find, take it with a grain of salt?

Old 06-10-2015, 08:51 AM

17,406 posts, read 12,017,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
And there is a "certain demographic" that can't tell the difference between low-economic Ferguson and middle-to-upper-middle class McKinney.
I know the difference, as do most white people (the demographic you're referring to, I presume?)

But neither of us were there. Yes, there were many middle to upper middle class teens there. But since the party invite was tweeted out, who knows who else showed up. I don't. And unless you were there, you don't either.

That doesn't change the fact that the black racebaiters (black panthers, etc) have called for the murder of cops. That would make any cop a little jumpy.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,675,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calculator View Post
He was probably oferred a choice - get fired with no benefits or resign with benefits.

I'm sure he didn't resign on his own because he felt bad about what happened. It's not enough to say he resigned. What should be said is that he was probably asked to resign.

His department should commended for not tolerating such behavior. However, to send him away with benefits isn't right, either.

There was a brutality incident on file about this officer before this incident, as well.
It didn't help that Al Sharpton announced on Monday that he was going to go to McKinney to organize a protest.

Texas police officer in pool party video identified
Sharpton said he is considering holding a rally in McKinney as early as this weekend to demand that the officer who pulled the gun be fired.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:59 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,677,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
What a disgusting comment.
What's disgusting about it?

Some posters are wondering and theorizing about that guy, and I added my two cents.

It's not like most men DON'T have a proclivity to view women's breasts...

Believe me, I could come up with far worse interpretations of his actions.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:00 AM

163 posts, read 126,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post
1. People are looking for every single mistake a police office makes to hang him publically.
I don't think people look for every single mistake a police officer makes.

What we're seeing are examples of very bad mistakes where people die, that didn't threaten the officer's life.

The officers' behaviors are under scrutiny now because citizens are recording and reporting them.

Also, there seems to be a new directive in the last few years for authority figures to shoot first and be less diplomatic. (I got that from someone else's post on another thread a few weeks ago.)

Old 06-10-2015, 09:06 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,677,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Again, what was supposed to be a restricted pool party turned into another flash mob, thanks to social media.

What kind of parents allow their kids to behave like that, run around like savages, and taunt the cops instead of doing what they're told? Now they're "protesting" in that neighborhood? Give me a break.
I didn't see anyone running around like 'savages' and taunting the cops. Actually, when the whacko cop told the kids to get down, that is what they did.

I guess some people just see what they want to see (or imagine).

I'm still waiting for the proof that Bikini Girl is a hood rat...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events