Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 03:42 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,720,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John2064 View Post
bunch of thugs acting out. should have stayed at home
The only "thug" behavior I saw was in the fight between the young black lady and the white woman, and we have no clue to which started the physical confrontation there.

The other video essentially just showed a bunch of teens on the sidewalk when the cop flipped out.

Can you please let us know what "thug" activity you are referring?

Old 06-10-2015, 03:43 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,660,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Sorry, I did not come up with the rape comparison. Evilcart did. I was just responding to how ludicrous it was when you jumped on it and implied that any force by the cop was the same as rape.

It has been my personal experience that women, even half naked girls (perhaps especially half naked anything) can be just as dangerous or even more so than a man. Pound for pound and emotional and angry girl will outfight any man on the planet and will be much less rational about her capabilities as she does so.

Anyone who will fight a female with the intention of going easy on the weaker sex will soon find themselves seriously injured. Ask Loraina Bobbit if I am lying.

I don't think he used excessive force on the girl. I think he actually went too easy on her at the onset. It took far too long for him to get her under control once he started. If he had been overly aggressive she would have been face down unconscious in seconds rather than seated and mouthing off after several minutes.

I got it, you are also from the dont hit girls era. I am too. I just realize the insanity of that mantra nowadays when women have no compunction against hitting men or desire to be especially ladylike any longer. A cop cannot treat anyone as a non-threat, even a half naked girl.

I was responding to someone blaming the girl and claiming if she had behaved better it would not have happened, just as people in the past have claimed if the woman dressed more modestly he would not have raped her. ie victim blaming.

As for the rest of your post , it is sexist and provides a scary insight to the workings of your mind.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:45 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,535,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The vast majority of posters defending or deflecting from the cop's actions are right wing card-carrying members of the George Zimmerman Fan Club. Sorry if this bothers you when I point out what they are.

Carry on, tough guy who's scared of girls in bikinis.
<<< Spam >>>
<<< Yawn >>>

Old 06-10-2015, 03:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,717,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
Also, I do not believe it's fair to suggest, no one was seriously injured. Do you really believe that the black teen girl who was physically assaulted by a grown man, along with the black teen boys who were racially profiled and almost shot by the police are not emotionally traumatized and scarred for life?
LOL..they are on twitter giddy that they are famous and lamenting that the cop ruined their summer of "parties" and bragging about their follower counts.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,717,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The only "thug" behavior I saw was in the fight between the young black lady and the white woman, and we have no clue to which started the physical confrontation there.

The other video essentially just showed a bunch of teens on the sidewalk when the cop flipped out.

Can you please let us know what "thug" activity you are referring?
Tatiana said the woman used racial slurs at her.
That's all social media needs to pursue "justice".

Old 06-10-2015, 04:16 PM

539 posts, read 526,055 times
Cops should be held to a higher standard. That should come with the badge and gun.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:19 PM

963 posts, read 692,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1523 View Post
Cops should be held to a higher standard. That should come with the badge and gun.
They ARE held to a higher standard, and they're far better than the average citizen. The problem is, they're expected to deal with the dregs of society - the worst of the worst.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:27 PM

7,584 posts, read 5,358,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
The problem is, they're expected to deal with the dregs of society - the worst of the worst.
They are also expected to deal with average citizens who get into the normal day to day kerfuffles that we all face from time to time, and therein lies the problem, switching from the horrendous to the basic neighborhood squabble requires extraordinary emotional stability more than I think a lot of police officers have.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:32 PM

297 posts, read 295,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL..they are on twitter giddy that they are famous and lamenting that the cop ruined their summer of "parties" and bragging about their follower counts.
I seriously doubt that the teen girl who was assaulted by the cop and the two male teens whom the officer attempted to shoot, are giddy and bragging about being famous on twitter. The teen girl was hospitalized according to Don Lemon (CNN). I'm uncertain if she was released, as of yet.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:47 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,771,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
.....The teen girl was hospitalized according to Don Lemon (CNN). I'm uncertain if she was released, as of yet.
LOL CNN

That girl sure seemed fine to me in the number of TV interviews that she has given since that incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events