Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 03:09 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,453,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Why are ALL of your posts leading with "right-wingers" regardless of the topic? Many, including this one are not even politically oriented.

Why do none of your posts every contain any logic or argument, only name calling and taunting?

I will attempt to carry on an intellectual debate with you if you desire, but you will have to dig up some intellect on your side for me to work with.

Please keep the debate on topic and free of extraneous non-sequiturs and this could be very enjoyable. I look forward to reading an actual thought from you someday.
The vast majority of posters defending or deflecting from the cop's actions are right wing card-carrying members of the George Zimmerman Fan Club. Sorry if this bothers you when I point out what they are.

Carry on, tough guy who's scared of girls in bikinis.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:10 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,998,661 times
What Al Sharpton and other activists are not concerned about is the image they're painting for McKinney residents. McKinney has been on the top 10 places to live/retire for a few years. This kind of media coverage hurts homeowners, tourism and the economy in general. If you were going to buy a home in McKinney after watching all the so-called unrest on TV, maybe you'd think twice about it. As far as I can tell, this was a single incident at a pool party.

One rogue cop acted unprofessionally. He no longer has a job. But 11 others performed their duties appropriately. A pool party on a hot afternoon turned rowdy when a few people who did not have guest passes began arguing with security guards. When the pool became overly crowded and outsiders were jumping over private fences, the police were called, and one or two residents made very inappropriate remarks, started a fight, blah, blah, blah. So what? Should every stupid fight that breaks out between a few people get national coverage?

This could happen anywhere. I'm not saying the teens who are protesting are wrong. I abhor racism and it's wonderful to see young people with signs to promote peace. I used to join lots of protests. However, I already posted an interview with a Black resident who actually lives in the community. He did not like the way Casebolt treated the young girl in the bikini, but he also said the police were there to manage a crowd that got out of control. See my post #654 with the video.

It seems to me that people who want to listen to social media, regardless of the facts, will continue to do so no matter what anyone says. A foul-mouthed racist insulted some of the teenagers and start a fight. Although she's just one person, suddenly everyone who lives in that neighborhood is a racist. In fact, I just saw an article about private communities and how they discriminate against poor, racially diverse families. So what? I'm White and worked for 40 years and I can't afford most of the upscale communities in SW Florida. Should I jump over a fence, argue with the security guard and insist they let me use the tennis courts and the pool?

Old 06-10-2015, 03:18 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,718,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The vast majority of posters defending or deflecting from the cop's actions are right wing card-carrying members of the George Zimmerman Fan Club. Sorry if this bothers you when I point out what they are.

Carry on, tough guy who's scared of girls in bikinis.
Why can't you ever contribute to these threads?

Why is it always "Conservative are racists" and "Republicans hate black people" and "Zimmerman lovers", etc, etc?

Old 06-10-2015, 03:20 PM

297 posts, read 295,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You're wrong. Her employer put her on suspension (administrative leave) pending an investigation. The company said it doesn't tolerate such behavior from its employees.

I agree with you that she acted in a disgusting, low class manner, but as long as everyone is okay, nobody was seriously injured or killed, there are a lot of other terrible things happening in this world at this very moment, so maybe it's time to move on.
She clearly has the power to discriminate against black families who are interested in qualifying for home mortgages; therefore, I do not believe she should be allowed to keep her position at BOA.

Also, I do not believe it's fair to suggest, no one was seriously injured. Do you really believe that the black teen girl who was physically assaulted by a grown man, along with the black teen boys who were racially profiled and almost shot by the police are not emotionally traumatized and scarred for life?

Old 06-10-2015, 03:20 PM

171 posts, read 182,158 times
bunch of thugs acting out. should have stayed at home

Old 06-10-2015, 03:26 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,197,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John2064 View Post
bunch of thugs acting out. should have stayed at home
Those "thugs" include the whites and Hispanics in attendance at the pool party, correct?

Also, I don't believe any of the "thugs" here assaulted or robbed anyone, so the term "thug" doesn't apply here.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:33 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,441,992 times
Quote:
A foul-mouthed racist insulted some of the teenagers and start a fight. Although she's just one person, suddenly everyone who lives in that neighborhood is a racist. In fact, I just saw an article about private communities and how they discriminate against poor, racially diverse families. So what? I'm White and worked for 40 years and I can't afford most of the upscale communities in SW Florida. Should I jump over a fence, argue with the security guard and insist they let me use the tennis courts and the pool?
Well if you were an immature teenage you might perceive such antics as adventurous to say the least. But assuming that you are instead, a mature adult, let me suggest a wiser if less appealing course for someone white living in a predominantly white environment who happens to not be black: Stop being more offended by the accusation of racism than racism itself, get to know more black people and then courageously speak out as those white kids did to the media when it is clear that racism against black people is happening, regardless of their past or how rambunctious they might be misbehaving, since white kids have also been known to clown and ransack even their own neighborhoods. Standing silent except for criticism when blacks misbehave or speak in ways that whites don't understand is also tantamount to racism.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:35 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,659,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
You apparently did not see the entire video. she was encroaching on the scene and trying to talk with one of the boys being detained. The cop kept telling her to leave and she kept trying to walk past him. The entire time she is telling the cop that she wants to get her sunglasses from the boy and she wont take no for an answer.

It was after four or five times that he told her to go home and forget about the shades right now that he finally grabbed her arm as she pressed past him again. That is where the news video starts. The video the boy posted on youtube that the new broadcast was cut from has much more of her behavior included. Go watch that and see if you still think she was a blameless innocent. Naive? Absolutely. Incredibly stupid? Very likely.

simply put , you are wrong and need to find a better source. everyone can see the cop chasing the departing girl... but perhaps it is hard for you to see, because it proves you wrong.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:36 PM

40,998 posts, read 49,426,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post

Also, I do not believe it's fair to suggest, no one was seriously injured. Do you really believe that the black teen girl who was physically assaulted by a grown man, along with the black teen boys who were racially profiled and almost shot by the police are not emotionally traumatized and scarred for life?
You sound like a lawyer. These kids were out drinking or smoking pot the next day and laughing about the whole ordeal.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:41 PM

297 posts, read 295,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
What Al Sharpton and other activists are not concerned about is the image they're painting for McKinney residents. McKinney has been on the top 10 places to live/retire for a few years. This kind of media coverage hurts homeowners, tourism and the economy in general. If you were going to buy a home in McKinney after watching all the so-called unrest on TV, maybe you'd think twice about it. As far as I can tell, this was a single incident at a pool party.
Based on the information that I've learned about McKinney, I certainly wouldn't want to purchase a home there. I enjoy being an active member of my community. I wouldn't want to live somewhere that didn't welcome me as an equal. Also, if I had children, I wouldn't want them to be targeted as "outsiders" and section 8 recipients, simply due to their color.

Quote:
One rogue cop acted unprofessionally. He no longer has a job. But 11 others performed their duties appropriately. A pool party on a hot afternoon turned rowdy when a few people who did not have guest passes began arguing with security guards. When the pool became overly crowded and outsiders were jumping over private fences, the police were called, and one or two residents made very inappropriate remarks, started a fight, blah, blah, blah. So what? Should every stupid fight that breaks out between a few people get national coverage?
One bad apple means there are more festering apples...they just haven't been identified, but they are certainly in the barrel.

Quote:
This could happen anywhere. I'm not saying the teens who are protesting are wrong. I abhor racism and it's wonderful to see young people with signs to promote peace. I used to join lots of protests. However, I already posted an interview with a Black resident who actually lives in the community. He did not like the way Casebolt treated the young girl in the bikini, but he also said the police were there to manage a crowd that got out of control. See my post #654 with the video.
You posted a video of one black man who lives in the community, but based on the demographics, McKinney is close to 10% black. If the majority of the black voices who reside in McKinney believe there is a problem, I'm of the opinion, something is definitely wrong w/ race relations in the area.
Quote:
It seems to me that people who want to listen to social media, regardless of the facts, will continue to do so no matter what anyone says. A foul-mouthed racist insulted some of the teenagers and start a fight. Although she's just one person, suddenly everyone who lives in that neighborhood is a racist. In fact, I just saw an article about private communities and how they discriminate against poor, racially diverse families. So what? I'm White and worked for 40 years and I can't afford most of the upscale communities in SW Florida. Should I jump over a fence, argue with the security guard and insist they let me use the tennis courts and the pool?
Many of the black children who were accosted and harassed by the police, actually reside in the area. I think part of the issue is, many whites tend to believe that the majority of blacks occupy the lowest rung on the socioeconomic ladder. Perhaps you don't realize this, but there are a number of middle and upper income black families throughout the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events