Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 07:43 AM

15,360 posts, read 12,687,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
Someone posted this video in the thread, but I think it should be reposted:

Take a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcNL0zlcxy0#t=364

Here is an example of a mostly white (drunk) crowd behaving badly, loudly shouting "F*** the police." Interestingly however, very few arrests are made by the NYPD.

Race is a very real factor in police brutality. Do you honestly believe that if it was a mostly black crowd, the police would have restrained themselves, like most of them did in the above video?
Police aren't stupid. Some of those kids are probably the son's and daughters of NYC's 1%.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:45 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,700,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Grow up. A kid had a party that got out of hand...I'm sure that never happened in your world. Since we're going to play silly "but she did this" games, how about the jerk that told the kids (including ones who lived there) to go back to Section 8 housing.
Can you please post the link to where we can hear the "Section 8" housing comment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
The young boy who recorded the video deserves a lot of credit. The white cops allowed him to roam around freely and record the event. They believed (due to his color) that he was part of the community, but in truth, he had taken a bus to the pool party.
BS!

This has been addressed a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
So why is no one looking into the woman who was part of the altercation and was yelling slurs? I mean, she was involved in a fight with a minor.
Can you please post the link to where we can hear the racial slurs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Absolutely! When will those charges be filed? We cannot allow women to think that they can haphazardly hit children and get away with it.
What woman hit what child and did the child possibly strike the woman first?

It sounds like you are making assumptions based on accusations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
cop resigned...

this woman who was fighting a teenager and using racial slurs works for Bank of America. However, she probably won't be working there for long.
Please post the link where we can hear these racial slurs.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:52 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,887,619 times
Again, what was supposed to be a restricted pool party turned into another flash mob, thanks to social media.

What kind of parents allow their kids to behave like that, run around like savages, and taunt the cops instead of doing what they're told? Now they're "protesting" in that neighborhood? Give me a break.

This gar-baghe isn't what MLK marched for.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:58 AM

40,994 posts, read 49,376,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
cop resigned...

this woman who was fighting a teenager and using racial slurs works for Bank of America. However, she probably won't be working there for long.
You should watch that fight video again. The 2 fighting were the younger (over 18) daughters. The older mom stepped in along with 2-3 other young black guys to break up the fight. The Black girl in the fight was the 19yo party planner. No age was given for the other one.

Wanna wager who threw the 1st punch?

Why should someone attempting to break up a fight be fired?

Old 06-10-2015, 08:27 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,358,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Can you please post the link to where we can hear the "Section 8" housing comment?

Can you please post the link to where we can hear the racial slurs?

Please post the link where we can hear these racial slurs.
Sorry for me messing up the quoting. This is the closest thing I can find I'll have to look for some actual recordings in a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gMib1PupTo

https://twitter.com/bofa_news

Take everything with a grain of salt. Also, you'll probably find the vids on Facebook if you have one.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:31 AM

477 posts, read 844,614 times
Here is what is gonna happen in this country.

1. People are looking for every single mistake a police office makes to hang him publically.

2. Police officers will be afraid to do their job because they fear that the first little mistake might cost them their job or even their freedom

3. All good police officers will quit their job or not do their job correctly to avoid getting themselves in a bad situation

4. There will be no good cops out there to protect the public from bad people

5. Crime will skyrocket

6. Everybody (including the people that were looking for every single mistake a police officer makes) will cry for the police to help just to find out there is nobody to help them.

7. Then they will find somebody else to blame for that situation

The stupidity is just mind blowing. Let the police do their job. I am sure almost every cop is doing his/her job for the right reasons and is trying his/her best. There are always some bad apples but that is the case everywhere you look.
People that want to portay cops as racist and brutal are really playing with fire. But then again they might not care.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Sorry for me messing up the quoting. This is the closest thing I can find I'll have to look for some actual recordings in a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gMib1PupTo

https://twitter.com/bofa_news

Take everything with a grain of salt. Also, you'll probably find the vids on Facebook if you have one.
So, what you are telling me is the only "proof" any racial slurs were used is basically rumors and accusations?

Wow

Old 06-10-2015, 08:40 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,358,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, what you are telling me is the only "proof" any racial slurs were used is basically rumors and accusations?

Wow
(1) You can find out for yourself through social media like I said.

(2) I said take it with a grain of salt.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post
1. People are looking for every single mistake a police office makes to hang him publically.
Some police mistakes should result in a reprimand.

Some police mistakes should result in additional training.

Some police mistakes should result in suspension.

Some police mistakes should result in termination.

Some police mistakes should result in prosecution.

Most of us are not asking for cops who make mistakes to be hung publicly, but we are asking that their mistakes are properly addressed.

IMHO, this cop looks like he lost control of his emotions and actions. IMHO, people who lose control of their emotions in actions is a situation like this (a swimming pool brawl) should not be cops. If he were responding to an active shooting and reacted like this, I'd then be calling for additional training and a suspension for him but not to be fired. There are appropriate levels of addressing such issues depending upon the situation, and I think he should have been terminated. Of course, he resigned, so it's now a moot point.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:41 AM

163 posts, read 126,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
And now the officer has resigned
He was probably oferred a choice - get fired with no benefits or resign with benefits.

I'm sure he didn't resign on his own because he felt bad about what happened. It's not enough to say he resigned. What should be said is that he was probably asked to resign.

His department should commended for not tolerating such behavior. However, to send him away with benefits isn't right, either.

There was a brutality incident on file about this officer before this incident, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events