Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2015, 01:28 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,695,117 times

Advertisements

Why is there still debate going on about this?

The party hosts made a bad decision and broke HOA rules. It happens, get over it.

Race was not a factor; only the race pimps, the white guilt crowd and the low information people believe this. The video makes it clear the cop was pretty much darting about frantically in the part of the crowd that was almost exclusively black. I've already done relatively detailed posts discussing this. The accusations of racial slurs came from a person involved in an altercation where she will obviously want to demonize the other person. There isn't an ounce of proof racial slurs were made.

The teens weren't rioting, they were doing what teens do, trying to look cool, have fun and pretend they know everything.

The girl in the bikini didn't deserve to be taken down like that. Even the cop, through his attorney, admitted that a stressful day had him to the point where he lost control. He resigned to keep his department from looking bad and possibly to hold on to benefits and not have "fired" on his record.

In the end, nobody was hurt. The out of control cop admitted that he was wrong and resigned.

If you are trying to admonish the cops actions, it's a losing battle because the cop said he acted improperly.

If you are trying to say this was about race, there is no proof at all that is true.

Why keep spinning wheels?

Old 06-11-2015, 01:36 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,984,035 times
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Excellent post. I said that before, but then I continued to post anyway.

You're right. The attorney for the 18 year old who was arrested said they were not going to press charges. The police chief condemned the actions of Office Casebolt and he resigned. But some people want blood.

Old 06-11-2015, 01:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,668,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Excellent post. I said that before, but then I continued to post anyway.

You're right. The attorney for the 18 year old who was arrested said they were not going to press charges. The police chief condemned the actions of Office Casebolt and he resigned. But some people want blood.
That has been a growing worry of many sociologists.

Social media has turned to bullying and mob style tactics.
And they are winning.

Old 06-11-2015, 01:50 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,247,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I believe you have most of us pegged wrong. Yes there is a time and place for an adult to step forward but in the middle of a Police situation as it occurs in not the right time or place.

I would also step forward when judgment says it's OK. And you are also wrong that most of us whites would not step forward because the girl was Black.

That's incorrect.
Right on, Rakin. Couldn't rep you again.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:02 PM

40,992 posts, read 49,365,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right on, Rakin. Couldn't rep you again.
Ralph_Kirk seems like a very nice guy and thoughtful poster. I'm sure he'd take care of any kid he thought was being wronged just like you, I and most on here would.

I just get tired of the black / white blame it on each other. All those kids in the video looked like good kids. Sounds like a few bad apples created a bad situation, even the ones who seem to be so innocent.

Goes to show whether you are white or black that a Mouth sure will get you in trouble.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:06 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,285,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

And they are winning.
True unfortunately.
But not surprisingly really, is it?
Ever since social-media has become more and more prevalent, virtually everybody with an internet connection has become an expert in everything. Movies, music, books, art etc. etc...... everybody is a critic and knows "better" on the web (these forums and us included in many instances). Anybody with time can open up a blog and can consider themselves a "journalist" writing "articles" to make their opinion appear more relevant.

So it is not really that surprising, IMHO, that groups of people who are so inclined use social-media to pass judgement, push their agenda and attempt to enforce their will on what should happen.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:12 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,280,177 times
Quote:

And they are winning.
This I agree with. The officer resigned, apologized, the police department condemned his actions. Can't help but feel the mob wants his blood. It will be interesting to see whether this dies down now or will this continue to fester. Almost reminds me of the stereotypical villagers chasing the monster with torches and pitchforks.

I also feel that it is dangerous to voice an opinion contrary to the mob. Post a comment supporting the police on social media like Facebook, be prepared to take some heat or lose your job. Scary stuff.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,984,035 times
Quote:
You got a guy who doesn't live there telling everyone to come and use a private pool as if it were a public community pool ?

Almost every private pool has a sign saying it's only for the residents and you should have your ID.

My son lives in an apartment complex with a pool. Sign says for residents only.
They don't have a manned entrance with someone there 24/7/365 checking.
But they do do random checks and have come to know which residents live there.

Americans are sure getting crazier and crazier these days.
Agree about the pool ID.

Last year I spent 8 months in Southwest FL in a very nice mobile home community. Most of the residents are snowbirds. I'm in my 60s, female, Caucasian and was told I had to purchase (refundable $10 fee) a wrist band. It said "RENTER" on it, which made me laugh out loud. I remember writing to a friend, "I expected them to hand me a yellow Star of David." Yes, most communities require a guest pass. Just because someone says "I know Suzy" doesn't mean anything. I keep hearing lawyers say "they had every right to be there" and talking about Civil Rights violations. Were my Civil Rights violated?

Old 06-11-2015, 02:48 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,287,586 times
McKinney is an upper middle class suburb of Dallas. Median household income is $79k. This isn't Ferguson. This isn't Baltimore. There aren't gonna be any riots.

The officer resigned because:

A. He had a right to control the situation, but not to be over excessive, and he crossed the line.
B. The police know they need to distance themselves from inappropriate behavior.

The teens were out of line, but talking back and insulting a cop without the potential for a threat is not grounds for a takedown and arrest. The other cops were able to maintain control of the situation without losing their cool. They even calmly told the boys in the beginning not to run from the cops, and then restrained the eccentric cop after he pulled his gun.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:00 PM

28,711 posts, read 18,903,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I can't speak for her, because not only was I not there, I wouldn't be stupid enough to host an event like that on community grounds.
However, I'll assume she'd have a hard time taking some 100 kids home...
A girl throws a party. There are two things, and only two things, she's thinking about:
1. Nobody comes. So she wants to advertise it as broadly as possible to everyone she knows.
2. Everyone thinks it's lame. So she wants to get a DJ with a guaranteed radical playlist.
Perfect two-fer-one solution: A DJ who's going to advertise on social media!

The girl, typical teen, thinks it through no further than that.

In most cases, I'd give the mother a pass for not knowing the impact of social media, but in this case it appears the mother dabbles in S&M herself; she should have known both the limits of the HOA and the power of social media. Mom is the culprit here.

So they get a whole lot more than they bargained for and couldn't hope to handle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events