Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2015, 03:01 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
A girl throws a party. There are two things, and only two things, she's thinking about:
1. Nobody comes. So she wants to advertise it as broadly as possible to everyone she knows.
2. Everyone thinks it's lame. So she wants to get a DJ with a guaranteed radical playlist.
Perfect two-fer-one solution: A DJ who's going to advertise on social media!

The girl, typical teen, thinks it through no further than that.

In most cases, I'd give the mother a pass for not knowing the impact of social media, but in this case it appears the mother dabbles in S&M herself; she should have known both the limits of the HOA and the power of social media. Mom is the culprit here.

So they get a whole lot more than they bargained for and couldn't hope to handle it.
She sure is and I hope she gets in some hot water over her behavior and dismissal of clearly defined HOA rules - not to mention common sense.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
She sure is and I hope she gets in some hot water over her behavior and dismissal of clearly defined HOA rules - not to mention common sense.
What ? And cause another social media flurry of "racist" and "discrimination" babble ?

No the HOA is not going to do anything to them. They aren't stupid.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You got a guy who doesn't live there telling everyone to come and use a private pool as if it were a public community pool ?

Almost every private pool has a sign saying it's only for the residents and you should have your ID.

My son lives in an apartment complex with a pool. Sign says for residents only.
They don't have a manned entrance with someone there 24/7/365 checking.
But they do do random checks and have come to know which residents live there.

Americans are sure getting crazier and crazier these days.
That's RACIST!
Everybody knows the words "residents only" and "have your ID" are code words for no blacks or people of color allowed.

This world is certainly in a car moving down the life highway to full blown insanity, the car has only one gear which is forward and is being driven at higher and higher speeds by (enter race huckster of choice here).

Old 06-11-2015, 04:12 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,498,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
NONE of the teens was arrested. One adult was arrested (don't know if that person was black or white)
I am sorry. I misused the word.

No white teenagers were cuffed or thrown to the ground. Nor were publicly humiliated.

This information is derived whom interviews white white teenagers who were on the scene.

There was selective enforcement. I think the McKinney Police department did the right thing in suspending this former officer. I am guessing that he was asked to resign.

Does anyone know for sure?

Old 06-11-2015, 04:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I am sorry. I misused the word.

No white teenagers were cuffed or thrown to the ground. Nor were publicly humiliated.

This information is derived whom interviews white white teenagers who were on the scene.

There was selective enforcement. I think the McKinney Police department did the right thing in suspending this former officer. I am guessing that he was asked to resign.

Does anyone know for sure?

Grace Stone is White. She has been interviewed on TV and there are videos online. You are picking and choosing what you wish to believe.

As I wrote before, no arrests were made except for one man, 19, who was approaching officer Casebolt. He said he was shoved and didn't mean to lunge forward. He was released and no charges were filed.

EDIT: I saw this interview on MSNBC. Her father talks extensively about his daughter who was in handcuffs on the ground crying. When I was her age, I probably would have spoken up too, but that's not why I am posting this. It's because you and others insist the police were cuffing Black people which is not true.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zAnZA51Gjo[/url]

Last edited by justNancy; 06-11-2015 at 04:49 PM..

Old 06-11-2015, 04:35 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,283,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Grace Stone is White. She tried to get into the pool, refused to leave, and then she was handcuffed. She has been interviewed on TV and there are videos online. You are picking and choosing what you wish to believe.

As I wrote before, no arrests were made except for one man, 19, who was approaching officer Casebolt. He said he was shoved and didn't mean to lunge forward. He was released and no charges were filed.
Poster didn't use the word "arrested." He/she said "cuffed" or "thrown to the ground", which did happen.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:49 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
Poster didn't use the word "arrested." He/she said "cuffed" or "thrown to the ground", which did happen.
Yes, Sheena12 has posted that there were several arrests, just not in that particular comment. One Black man, 19 years old, was arrested and released. She also said no White kids were cuffed even though other posters here said there was a White girl in handcuffs on the ground. That's why I finally looked for the video. If Grace Stone and her Dad are not White, I guess I need new glasses.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:00 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You got a guy who doesn't live there telling everyone to come and use a private pool as if it were a public community pool ?

Almost every private pool has a sign saying it's only for the residents and you should have your ID.

My son lives in an apartment complex with a pool. Sign says for residents only.
They don't have a manned entrance with someone there 24/7/365 checking.
But they do do random checks and have come to know which residents live there.

Americans are sure getting crazier and crazier these days.
Except that the rule was apparently not enforced and others were welcome at various events at the pool.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:01 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I can't find that anywhere in that article. Can you tell me which paragraph?
It's after the fairly and equally heading. It's pretty far down in the article.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:04 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,957,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
That's RACIST!
Everybody knows the words "residents only" and "have your ID" are code words for no blacks or people of color allowed.

This world is certainly in a car moving down the life highway to full blown insanity, the car has only one gear which is forward and is being driven at higher and higher speeds by (enter race huckster of choice here).
How is having your ID ready racist?

Hillary demands you show your ID to get in to watch her events. Is she racist according to your standards?

Racist would be something like saying American Pharoah was an African American horse.

Oh wait, the media did call it that.

Now hold on, are you saying that Blacks are not people of color? Why did you draw that distinction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events