Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 09:22 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
In our area, the real pests are ducks and geese. By law, they can't be touched or harassed--and they love to find a neighborhood pool to make their own home town.
We have hawks and they are protected so there is nothing we can do about them.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
we have hawks and they are protected so there is nothing we can do about them.
Here's what people do...SSS

Old 06-12-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
No, not 100 people, just people who did not live in the community. I doubt if that pool could hold 100 people.
EXACTLY! This is why the Party Promoter who is responsible for the party should have properly notified the HOA, paid the $175 deposit and $50. rental fee and limited her party to the 20 people allowed per HOA guidelines.

Do you see now?

Old 06-12-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy20 View Post
This I agree with. The officer resigned, apologized, the police department condemned his actions. Can't help but feel the mob wants his blood. It will be interesting to see whether this dies down now or will this continue to fester. Almost reminds me of the stereotypical villagers chasing the monster with torches and pitchforks.

I also feel that it is dangerous to voice an opinion contrary to the mob. Post a comment supporting the police on social media like Facebook, be prepared to take some heat or lose your job. Scary stuff.
It is sad to see this happening in the US. Although this is a social situation, it is frightening to see the retaliatory behavior of some internet mob justice warriors. My mother has told stories of growing up in Argentina and her best friend's father having a picture of Peron in his business. For many years my mother thought her friend's family supported Peron. Many years later, after both had moved to the US my mother found out that they did not agree with Peron but felt pressure to display his picture in their shop. Sadam Hussein was like this as well. We are becoming so intolerant of differing opinions, we are setting ourselves up for a situation like that in the future.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:49 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
It is in the article right after the fairly and equal heading. I don't make things up. And right above Pastor's appeal in this article.
What if he has friends living there and they go with other residents as their guests? Is that not possible?

Old 06-12-2015, 09:53 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
EXACTLY! This is why the Party Promoter who is responsible for the party should have properly notified the HOA, paid the $175 deposit and $50. rental fee and limited her party to the 20 people allowed per HOA guidelines.

Do you see now?
That, however, has nothing to do with the officer's bad behavior.

And, according to the mother and daughter, the party was supposed to be a barbecue (which could certainly have been fine in the park outside. The problem was the DJ's flyer which promoted the pool. That may or may not have been done by Tatiana. We don't know who is to blame for that flyer.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:54 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What if he has friends living there and they go with other residents as their guests? Is that not possible?
Would he not have said that then?

And aside from that the teens who were there also said the pool has been open to the public in the past. I don't know that it is true, but I don't see any reason for the guy Lincoln Swift to be lying about it.

Also, many of the teens were invited guests of residents and others were residents.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:

And, according to the mother and daughter, the party was supposed to be a barbecue (which could certainly have been fine in the park outside. The problem was the DJ's flyer which promoted the pool. That may or may not have been done by Tatiana. We don't know who is to blame for that flyer.
What they said vs what they put on social media seems to contradict.
Twinzz promotions is Tatyana's business.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:10 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:

Perhaps You don't know who promoted the event as including a swimming pool. Pretty soon you'll be turning Tat & mom into innocent bystanders who should be reimbursed for expenses and mental anguish.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Perhaps You don't know who promoted the event as including a swimming pool. Pretty soon you'll be turning Tat & mom into innocent bystanders who should be reimbursed for expenses and mental anguish.
They were charging for the food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.