Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2015, 11:32 AM

2,630 posts, read 1,461,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Don't make that racial. That big lug had been standing there even before the Cop arrived.
That is one of the things that have baffled many people. The socalled big lug was allowed to assist in the arrest of the black girl. Very odd.

And Casebolt's lawyer really exposed the fact that her client was not fit to be a cop. Part of being a police officer is not making it personal. Furthermore, he was supposed to be the lead officer on the scene. Go Figure.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:48 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,986,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
She clearly has the power to discriminate against black families who are interested in qualifying for home mortgages; therefore, I do not believe she should be allowed to keep her position at BOA.

Also, I do not believe it's fair to suggest, no one was seriously injured. Do you really believe that the black teen girl who was physically assaulted by a grown man, along with the black teen boys who were racially profiled and almost shot by the police are not emotionally traumatized and scarred for life?
Again, social media is determining what you believe. She does not work for Bank of America. That was posted on Facebook. This week BOA made a public statement saying this woman is not one of its employees. But of course now you've got her working in the home mortgage department of a bank discriminating against minorities. Oy vey!

Old 06-11-2015, 11:49 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,994,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Question is: Why was he there at all?
The word is that he was a pool security guard.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
He did act like a racist, though. He selectively enforced what was going on.

When groups of kids deemed "rowdy" were separated from the other kids, ONLY THE NON WHITE TEENS were arrested.

The video was filmed by a very brave white teen. He is on record saying that he felt "invisible" because he was white.

I personally believe that police work attracts a certain type of person.

There are studies that compare the volunteer armed forces and people who apply to be police officers.
There are socioeconomic similarities.
NONE of the teens was arrested. One adult was arrested (don't know if that person was black or white)

Old 06-11-2015, 11:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,679,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Again, social media is determining what you believe. She does not work for Bank of America. That was posted on Facebook. This week BOA made a public statement saying this woman is not one of its employees. But of course now you've got her working in the home mortgage department of a bank discriminating against minorities. Oy vey!
It's not just that poster saying it. That's what the social media mob are saying.
They are demanding that BofA review every single loan this woman denied for racial discrimination.
They say she's a racist and probably denied all home loans to Black applicants.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,679,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
NONE of the teens was arrested. One adult was arrested (don't know if that person was black or white)
Black. They interviewed him. He does not have a lawyer.
He said his friend bumped into him as he approached the girl to tell her to calm down.

He is not going to sue anyone. As far as he's concerned it's over and done with.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:02 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,678,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Jeez, even with a video, you get it wrong. The guy behind blue shirt is holding a towel.
They both had the same blue towels. They were both holding their towels.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:07 PM

Interesting, it may be that the HOA never really enforced the pool pass rule until it suddenly came to black teens

McKinney police officer on leave after video shows him pushing teen to the ground Friday night | | Dallas Morning News

Quote:
Lincoln Turner, who is white, attended Sunday’s news conference at the police station to show support for the teenagers at the pool party. He and his children frequently use the pools at Craig Ranch, though they don’t live in the subdivision. He said he doesn’t want this incident to be what people remember about McKinney.

“Everyone should come to McKinney and have fun in our pools. That’s the message that we want to send to the world,” Turner said. “Not that they’re going to get harassed and patrolled and beaten down. Not get a gun drawn on them. That’s ridiculous.”
Quote:
Dallas criminal defense lawyer Peter Schulte, who was not involved in the incident, said that after viewing the video he was most bothered by the actions Casebolt took in his role as a supervisor.

“This is a classic example of how something can escalate out of control very quickly by the actions of the officers, not by what was going on,” said Schulte, a former McKinney officer.

Schulte said that almost every time he pulled up to a party as an officer, people scattered. He said it is difficult to control a situation by making everybody get on the ground instead of calmly asking people to stand still.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:09 PM

698 posts, read 590,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
how is an authority figure supposed to maintain control and order when no one respects or listens to him/her?

Ask any cop you know about going to a scene where a crap load of teens are laughing and mouthing off and not respecting the badge...these aren't kids...these are young adults that could cause serious injury or death...

what is a cop supposed to do when some 14 year old is mouthing off, not listening, and BY her actions inciting others to be JUST AS defiant...those cops had NO control over that situation, it was out of hand...
The cop should have ignored it. Mouthing off and not listening are not crimes and neither is treating a cop with a lack of deference or respect. The only person in the video that committed a crime was the cop.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:10 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,986,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
That is one of the things that have baffled many people. The socalled big lug was allowed to assist in the arrest of the black girl. Very odd.
When did that happen? I was wondering what he was doing there, but he was not helping the police. I didn't see him touch anyone or assist the cops. He wasn't running away or mouthing off, which is why he wasn't told to "stay put" or "shut up." Saying he was assisting them is absurd and untrue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
And Casebolt's lawyer really exposed the fact that her client was not fit to be a cop. Part of being a police officer is not making it personal. Furthermore, he was supposed to be the lead officer on the scene. Go Figure.
Yes, he was the officer in charge because of his rank. However, his attorney NEVER said he wasn't fit to be a police officer. He had just been to a home where the father shot himself in the head in front of his entire family, including children. He had to make a report, take photos and then spent a long time comforting the wife. She's a Black woman. I'm not sure if the next call, an attempted suicide, in which he saved someone from taking his or her own life involved a Black person, but why should it matter? She was talking about taking his job very personal. I heard what she said. Don't twist her words. The reason he didn't make a personal apology on camera is because of all the death threats to him and his family.

I normally wouldn't mention the race and edited an earlier post because I don't need to prove I'm not a racist to anyone. My attorney is Black, but I can't remember ever mentioning her skin color to my family when I made out my will. A bank manager at Wells Fargo gave me her card and said she highly recommended her services. She never said to me, "By the way, she's an African-American lawyer. Hope that's okay." I walked into her office and saw a Black woman. So what? However, these days every single story I hear where Whites and a Blacks are involved has to be about skin color. If I go to the store I don't come home and say "a Black cashier in Walmart said..." but eventually that's how it will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events