Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2015, 07:44 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,357,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh, you expect love and kisses when getting agressive with police. Doesn't work that way.

If you get taken down by police, because you got aggressive, then police will use any method at their disposal to stop the aggressive behavior. A wild ass out of control 14 year old, who apparently has a poor upbringing just got a lesson in this.

Don't want to be manhandled? Then don't fight with police. It's not hard to understand.
I must be blind. Could you point out where the 14 Y/O was fighting with the cop? I never saw her take a swing, and I never knew they police were allowed to teach us lessons for yelling at them.

The only wild ass out of control person I saw was that midget gymnast cop.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:46 AM

13,984 posts, read 8,146,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
That cop is a cowboy who when he didn't get the respect and control he wanted he lost his own control. When he drew his gun 2 other officers motioned to it trying to keep him from raising it. He then orders those 2 officers to run off camera after the kids.

If he was truly in danger and fearing for his life why would he send backup officers on a chase instead of having them help with this "life threatening" situation the necessitated drawing his gun.

Cops have supreme authority and they don't like it when it's challenged. White or black, if a cop comes up to you and asks who you are, why you're here and if he can see your ID and the person refuses (which unless being detained or attested they have a right to not give that information) . That pisses cops off and then the situation escalates. There are tons of videos on YouTube with these confrontations, with people of all races.
That`s all true and the cop in question was no doubt was pissed off but the situation wasn`t handled in a professional manner and it was caught on tape.

You can`t afford to take it out on the public just because you`re having a bad day.

What police departments across the country need do is make sure every officer is wearing a camera for their own protection. I believe the vast majority of inner city cops are trying to do their job and having every officer wear a camera should go a long way in protecting the public and the police officers.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:49 AM

84 posts, read 94,913 times
The Full Story of The McKinney Texas, Pool Mob – Inside The “Craig Ranch” Subdivision… | The Last Refuge

Read comments as well. It seems there are two different stories being told by two sides.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:55 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,691,300 times
After watching more videos and reading more accounts from residents, here is where I'm currently at:

A teenage girl and her mother decided to have an end-of-year party at their neighborhood. They did not get permission to have a party at the neighborhood pool, which meant they were limited to two guests. The party went viral on social media and around 100 non-resident teens arrived. Security tried to turn them away, and they started climbing the fence and pushing their way through the entrance to get into the pool area. The combination of the DJ playing music that wasn't family friendly and the behavior of the teenagers climbing fences and being disruptive upset many of the residents who were at the pool which lead to both verbal and physical confrontations. This prompted several 911 calls which was the catalyst for the response from up to nine patrol units. The one officer got out of control with his demeanor, language and actions toward the teenage girl in the video.

From most accounts, including a few black residents, this had nothing to do with race and everything to do with a teenage invasion and a cop who went over the edge.

The great thing is that nobody was hurt. The horrible thing is the race pimps are starting to come out of the woodwork and residents are allegedly being threatened and property vandalized.

The national media isn't doing much to help this situation, but they pumped it up for ratings and made it more controversial than it really was.

That's my take so far.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:58 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,098,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
With everything going on and all the teens he was detaining he had to spend time on one 14 year old girl who talked back to him and was walking away? It was a overreacting and a assault on that child.

I have read a lot of your posts on many police topics you have written on. I agree with many of them and disagree with a lot as well. One thing that is clear though many times someone states something you automatically call them anti-cop. Because someone disagrees with the actions of one police officer you always seem to minimize it and take it as a attack on all police. You're a great example of the thin blue line.

While I may agree with your responses many times even when a police officer does something wrong you are always there to defend. Police or citizens too by the way.

Normally I would be the first to state take race out of it. However, after watching the kid that took the video being interviewed he did make a point that was evident in his video.

He walked up to the scene with two friends. They were discussing the flashlight and which one would give it back to the one officer. What the young kid pointed out is that all three of them came to the scene together and were standing together. The officer made his two friends sit down and they were being detained. The officer skipped him. Why?

Is it just a coincidence that the child holding the camera is white and his two buddies were black?
When the kid stated this he also stated that other white children were mixed in the whole scene. None of them that were standing there with other black kids (who were also standing there) were detained. Yes many kids ran but the black kids and white kids watching and standing weren't treated the same. Some were treated as the fleeing kids. The black children.

That was a fact that is hard to ignore. The cop stated to the two kids near the end of the video that he needed to find out what was going on with the reported assault and 911 calls and was detaining them until he knew. So why was it necessary to detain the black kids and not the white?

The white kid was standing with his two black friends the whole time. He was skipped over and not made to sit. Why wasn't he detained. They were all together.

No, this isn't another Ferguson. Yes, outside agitators and people like Sharpten are race bating, card playing manipulators.

Yes, people should have respect for LEOs. It's a dangerous job and we need police officers to respond to citizens that need help.

That doen't mean every officer is deserving of respect. Doesn't mean every order a police officer gives is lawful. It doesn't mean I have to comply when my rights are being violated. Everyone else is not citizens and police are some paramilitary troop above them. You and other officers are citizens too. Given the ability to enforce laws by your fellow citizens.

I don't think slamming a 14 year old girls head in the ground for being a smart ass is acceptable. Its an assault. Becuase you wear a badge it doesn't make it OK. You're not some untouchable master that one can't backtalk. You don't assault people because they backtalk you. You don't repeatedly slam a child's head into the ground becuase of it.

The people are constantly telling you that its not acceptable. As I was looking at videos of this event I watched several normally pro LEO conservatives talk about this situation. The way the officer responded in general wasn't just the topic but the way he assaulted the girl was. Many conservatives also have problems with this. It's not just a black lives matter campaign.

He didn't just handle the situation badly. You state "didn't handle himself well".

I'm not one who normally talks about race but deeds. You steal, you go to jail. You riot and destroy private property , you go to jail. You assault people, you go to jail. You beat people to death you go to jail.

Don't want to go to far off talking in generalities so I'll go back to this point

Then why was three friends standing together one white and two black not treated the same at the scene?
I will generally defend fellow policemen for the grace of god there go I ..and because there is little to no balance or decorum on this forum and people call police the most disgusting things that are not true... generally follow a sound bite on a sensationalized media as their total source.. and make judgements that in the end rarely can stand scrutiny.. but stuck in myopathy cannot see any other outcome other than their predetermined bias. By that time they are already onto their 19th anti police thread.... people are calling for the firing of this officer ... and I doubt that will happen
People have said he slammed this poor 14 year old to the ground ... what I saw definately wasn't slamming and if anyone thinks it was please.... start watching mma to see what slamming is. That would be laughable and the female was larger than him.I wonder how many armchair internet warriors have ever gone hands on with anyone who is non compliant ... try it.. it is very difficult to gain compliance physically against any human being who resists without use of ever escalating force

I don't like what the officer did tactically . We handle large parties all the time .we stay together.. who cares about the chaos... don't make it your personal chaos..
From listening to residents who called 911 it doesn't appear racial to me.. it appears typical chaos created by some good and a small percentage of bad people mostly young with some idiot adult behavior mixed in.
The calling for firings by black lives matter I hope are thwarted ... at some point which we already see police will pull back from normal policing to the detriment of our communities. Personally I find more and more of my time consumed with justifying every action I make.... and more and more technology management.. body cam. dash cam
.. radio log.. computer log.. personal notebook... I would say I spend an hour of each shift now just maintaining the above... that is an hour I'm not policing ... necessary.. OK.. yes.. in our current society absolutely
There always has and always will be segments of society that do not accept order..police are easy to highlight because they are the agent of government that most people identify directly with as exerting influence over them personally. I get that.. always have.

Now we see people making snap judgements as to the fault of police actions when many times the end result is totally different . People on here for example act very differently than they ever would to my face...I still enjoy CD for research and listening to others.. at least those who aren't 15 looking for a thrill ... ex cons.. mj proponents and a select group of other defective individual

Racial... not from what I heard from disinterested parties who were interviewed.
Working the ghetto I always stated ... no I'm not stopping you because of ethnicity because I'm the minority here ..not you

If you read my posts when I think an officer is grossly wrong and out of line I state it... even in the din of headhunting

Old 06-09-2015, 07:59 AM

557 posts, read 739,431 times
Watching the video it appears the thugs instigated it and trespassed at the pool party.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:02 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,599,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I will generally defend fellow policemen for the grace of god there go I ..and because there is little to no balance or decorum on this forum and people call police the most disgusting things that are not true... generally follow a sound bite on a sensationalized media as their total source.. and make judgements that in the end rarely can stand scrutiny.. but stuck in myopathy cannot see any other outcome other than their predetermined bias. By that time they are already onto their 19th anti police thread.... people are calling for the firing of this officer ... and I doubt that will happen
People have said he slammed this poor 14 year old to the ground ... what I saw definately wasn't slamming and if anyone thinks it was please.... start watching mma to see what slamming is. That would be laughable and the female was larger than him.I wonder how many armchair internet warriors have ever gone hands on with anyone who is non compliant ... try it.. it is very difficult to gain compliance physically against any human being who resists without use of ever escalating force

I don't like what the officer did tactically . We handle large parties all the time .we stay together.. who cares about the chaos... don't make it your personal chaos..
From listening to residents who called 911 it doesn't appear racial to me.. it appears typical chaos created by some good and a small percentage of bad people mostly young with some idiot adult behavior mixed in.
The calling for firings by black lives matter I hope are thwarted ... at some point which we already see police will pull back from normal policing to the detriment of our communities. Personally I fond more and more of my time consumed with justifying every action I make.... and more and more technology management.. body can.. dash can
.. radio log.. computer log.. personal notebook... I would say I spend an hour of each shift now just maintaining the above... that is an hour I'm not policing ... necessary.. OK.. yes.. in our current society absolutely
There always has and always will be segments of society that do not accept order..police are easy to highlight because they are the agent of government that most people identify directly with as exerting influence over them personally. I get that.. always have.

Now we see people making snap judgements as to the fault of police actions when many tines the end result is totally different . People on here for example act very differently than tbrh ever would to my face...I still enjoy CD for research and listening to others.. at least those who aren't 15 looking for a thrill ... ex cons.. mj proponents and a select group of other defective individual

Racial... not from what I heard from disinterested parties who were interviewed.
Working the ghetto I always stated ... no I'm notvstoppung you because of ethnicity because I'm the m
inority here ..not you

If you read my posts when I think an officer is grossly wrong and out of line I state it... even in the din of headhunting
I don't agree with you at least 50% of the time ~ but there certainly have been times when you have called out police actions that you thought were inappropriate. So, I'll give you that.

But anyone that comes to CD 'looking for a thrill' is in the wrong place. It's a fun place to debate and even to learn but it ain't thrilling!

Old 06-09-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWDove View Post
The Full Story of The McKinney Texas, Pool Mob – Inside The “Craig Ranch” Subdivision… | The Last Refuge

Read comments as well. It seems there are two different stories being told by two sides.

For sure many of those kids were bad news but because the cop (compared to the other officers) seemed out of control he`s the story.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
...From most accounts, including a few black residents, this had nothing to do with race and everything to do with a teenage invasion and a cop who went over the edge.

The great thing is that nobody was hurt. The horrible thing is the race pimps are starting to come out of the woodwork and residents are allegedly being threatened and property vandalized.

The national media isn't doing much to help this situation, but they pumped it up for ratings and made it more controversial than it really was.

That's my take so far.
Agree 100%

Old 06-09-2015, 08:06 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,528,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Sure, I think from the other officers' perspective, the gun draw may have been unwarranted and they wanted to make sure that nothing tragic occurred. That said, looking at things from the officer in question's perspective, I can't say that its unreasonable (he didn't have full vision of the two people aggressively running up on him . . . seriously, who does that?).

And I don't expect things to go just right as scripted in a movie. That's what racial divisionists (are you one?) expect when they expect perfection from police battling the criminal element.
This is the specific part of your post I was addressing:

"Still, the cop in question should've never been placed in that situation as his fellow officers (some of who were standing right next to him) should've never let those other teens get close to him."

I see two other cops running to him, not standing right next to him, as he pulls the gun. Considering the number of teens running, arguing, screaming, I think it's unreasonable to place responsibility for the gun-puller cop's situation on the other cops. [Unless you're a racial divisionist.]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events