Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2015, 03:55 AM

71 posts, read 86,591 times

Advertisements

The fact that you and many people in this thread have referred to people as "a black" shows there is definitely an issue with race going on. Oh, lets not forget the gentleman couple of comments ago who just conveniently said oh, its just black people being black as usual..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
Oh, but they'll always make it an issue about race if it involves a black. Always.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:55 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The girl is black. That's all the justification the Zimmerman Fan Club needs.
Yet another, "you are racist if you disagree with me" posts.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:15 AM

I watched the entire video.. How does watching the entire video change anyone's perspective with regards to the fact that the officer used excessive force?

Even if i watched the entire video and the cop was hit 20 different times by multiple teenagers, it does not change the fact that her particular action did not elicit an opposite reaction from the officer. The officer reacted emotionally and not logically. The girls actions as an individual have nothing to do with what went on in the rest of the video. I watched the entire video and did not see anything from anyone that would justify the excessive force that was used on that girl. Thats besides the point, even if others were unruly for what they did, you cannot punish the girl for what they did.

The same people supporting the this officer would never support this being done to their kids.. These are the same people that would never spank their kids.. These are the same people that send their kids on time out after tearing their houses upside down or burning down schools but since its a black girl talking, she deserves to be thrown around like a rag doll.. News flash, your kids life is not worth more than this little girl's life..

In life, kids get unruly.. There are other ways to diffuse the situation. Officers are trained to do just that. If you cant handle it, then dont be on the force. You are only supposed to use that sort of force when you feel you are in danger. We still have not heard what law she violated before she was asked to lie face down on the ground. If she indeed violated a law, she would have been detained but the fact that she got let go shows that he knew he was out of line.

Stop trying to make the subject about thugs at the pool, we are focused on the girl being thrown on the ground and the gun being drawn on two teenagers. "America" has a way of trying to tarnish images of people of color in situations like this, trying to call everyone thugs and focus the flashlight on everything else that happened at the pool to divert attention from the real issues.

Meanwhile, no one talks about Waco. There was a shootout, police came. Everyone sat down and had a conversation. Yes they are all upstanding citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Did you watch the entire video? I'm thinking not since you ask this question.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:18 AM

118 posts, read 126,301 times
The cop is way too aggressive. Why did he do that barrel roll into the scene? It's a large crowd of spaced out teens...I think the cop should have used a lot more tact and kept his cool.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:29 AM

she was on a sidewalk..public property.. not trespassing..

refusing to cooperate with the law applies where someone is being questioned with regards to a case in question and the person refuses to provide information that could aid the police. What exactly was he investigating?

if she was being stopped and refused to cooperate, which was not true; At that point, he would have gone from stopping her to actually arresting her. If this was the case where he wanted to place her under arrest, he would have had to notify her that she was being arrested, read her rights to her and made an attempt to cuff her but instead he told her to lie face down on the ground and then proceeded to slam her on the ground while having a knee in her back.

Please tell me exactly, how would her lying face down on the ground after committing no crime have influenced his investigation again?

Dude was on a power trip, stop making excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Tresspassing, and refusing to co-operate with law enforcement can result in detainment until the investigation is completed.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:32 AM

what you said makes no sense at all.. if she was been arrested, she would not have been released to the custody of her mother.. She would need her rights read to her before she was arrested too.. How can an officer tell you to voluntarily lie facedown on the ground without reason?

Stop making excuses.. If you had done nothing wrong and an officer told you or your child to lie on the ground, you wouldn't so dont expect anyone else to do it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The order wasn't voluntary, and I never claimed as much. But the order called for her to voluntary (as of by her own volition and not being physically forced to do so by the officer) turn onto her stomach, which she refused to do. As to your second question, I don't know what her crime was (AND NOR DO YOU), yet you continue to behave as if you do. Newsflash: you do not know if she was arrested because she was being mouthy. Still, regardless of why she was arrested, it is clear that the girl was forced onto her stomach because she would not do so herself after being ordered to do so. That better?

Old 06-09-2015, 04:34 AM

i knew it was going downhill from there when i saw that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesInDC View Post
The cop is way too aggressive. Why did he do that barrel roll into the scene? It's a large crowd of spaced out teens...I think the cop should have used a lot more tact and kept his cool.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:26 AM

756 posts, read 835,209 times
Angry Are Pool Parties Supposed To Be Bad Now?!

Now I can't help but believe that there is a hate crime from the U.S.A. Poe Lease vs. the African Americans.

Also, McKinney?

Old 06-09-2015, 05:29 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
Oh, but they'll always make it an issue about race if it involves a black. Always.
Did you see the protesters last night? They were doing everything they could to cry "Racism".

That is getting old. Even the Black Man who lives there said it wasn't about race.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:30 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,064,511 times
The cry of "Racism!" has become the norm for way too many. . . an immediate excuse for bad behavior when the offenders are being held accountable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events