Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2015, 12:06 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Apparently the actual video was much longer than what was linked here and shown on TV. No surprise I suppose. We were shown photos of Thugs when they were 12 years old to elicit sympathy instead of focusing on the thuggery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Looks like you only watched the short, edited version. The cop was NOT out of line, the little dears who trespassed onto private property, and CONFRONTED and CHALLENGED the cops were. But then, this is another case of "Black Privileged." The laws the rest of civilized society live by just don't apply to the Little Darlings (AKA THUGS). I am really tired of black behaviour and the justifying of the worst behaviour by the black "community.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:11 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Apparently the actual video was much longer than what was linked here and shown on TV. No surprise I suppose. We were shown photos of Thugs when they were 12 years old to elicit sympathy instead of focusing on the thuggery.
Please explain how that excuses the officer's behavior? The girl was not threatening the officer verbally or physically. She was acting foolish. That does not give him the right to throw her around like a rag doll, smash her face in the ground and dig his knee in her back.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:13 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,334 times
Ever watch Campus PD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Please explain how that excuses the officer's behavior? The girl was not threatening the officer verbally or physically. She was acting foolish. That does not give him the right to throw her around like a rag doll, smash her face in the ground and dig his knee in her back.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:17 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,334 times
Oh, but they'll always make it an issue about race if it involves a black. Always.

Quote:
Take race out of it. A cop manhandled a 14 year old girl for mouthing off, for not being respectful. All I could picture was my daughter in the hands of this officer (she is about the same age).

I watched the video and tears came. My daughter next to me asking what was wrong. She was just as shocked at the video wondering why a police officer would act that way.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:18 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
Ever watch Campus PD?
A show about adults? Not 14 year old kids? No. Please enlighten me how this could defend a cop doing what he did.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:18 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times
My take as just a bystander it was all out of control. They should have contained the situation before cuffing kids and waving guns around.

The girl was being mouthy. Who's child ISN'T mouthy. Let's not act like all teens 11-17 aren't mouthy. White kids, especially ones with money are extremely mouthy. Asian kids, black kids, Hispanic kids.....KIDS are. The 'ohes my kids aren't" yeah kudos for you, here's a cookie. Kids are.

There's a point on the video where the cop tells the girl to leave and stop running her mouth. Okay. She starts walking away with her friends and she's still talking THEN you see this officer walking TOWARDS HER

THEN the situation gets Looney Tunes and he's slamming her down to the ground. Was she pulling a weapon out of her body? Something hidden in her bikini top or bottoms threatening him? Or was this black gilr with braids going ghetto trash talking on him and he got offended and enraged and charged at her to get his licks in and "teach her a lesson on shutting her mouth"????

I'll say the latter for $1000, Alex.

Shoot for a minute I wondered if he just wanted to put his hands on her in her bikini. WHY does he hold her down? Cuff her and get off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Being mouthy to cops might be disrespectful, but it isn't against the law.

Cops should know how to handle mouthy kids without getting guns involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I'm waiting for the day a black cop brutally manhandles a white 14 year old girl in a bikini, shoves her face to the ground and puts most of his weight on her back just for being mouthy even though she was walking away. Of course he'd be dead by sundown.
Can you IMAGINE if this was a blond trash talking about his paycheck because her daddy can buy and sell the department and have his badge? He'd never put his hands on her.

He felt her could because she was black. It wasn't about race until her kept going at this one girl. Who was clearly a girl.

I watched the video and tears came. My daughter next to me asking what was wrong. She was just as shocked at the video wondering why a police officer would act that way.[/quote]

Old 06-09-2015, 12:41 AM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,615 times
Usually I am on the side of the cops and/or think that in many cases their work gets marginalized too often.
Of course there are bad apples (many as it seems) but many people (dare I say civilians) cannot really relate how it is to react to such situations. It is very different being in the situation, usually outnumbered, and being the person who is supposed to get hold of the situation. These cops are not machines and fear, anxiety and adrenaline is going through their veins as much as it would go through the "normal" person.

However, having said all that, this one particular cop should be re-evaluated, since he clearly does not seem to be up for the job. From the very first moment he is seen in the video he is acting like he's on some battlefield or enemy ground in a war zone. Charging and steamrolling around the premises like chicken with it's head cut off, "attacking" everything that moves left and right (as long as they were minorities it seemed). They way he handled that girl was just pathetic.
As funny as it might sound but him pulling his weapon I could almost understand, he might just wanted to protect the gun or ensure none of the two kids would grab it. Of course he could have just put his hands on it but in the state he was I am not surprised that he pulled it, he clearly wasn't in control. Problem is, it was HIM who escalated the situation like that and to be fair I can understand these kids rushing to her aide after seeing their sister/cousin/friend being dragged around like a rag doll by her hair and in her bikini.

This entire situation could have been avoided if that cop would have acted like a professional instead like some crazed hot head. One should expect and demand better from an experienced law-enforcement individual!

The kids of course were also in the wrong and mouthing off to cops and/or not following instructions is never a good idea, however quality cops would have defused this situation in a better manner.
If teenagers theses days are basically treated like stone cold criminals for being stupid teenagers where will it end. Also if that is the case they will require SWAT teams for most college parties or drunk students out and about in the future...... and as much as I hate to say it but I do feel if that would had been mostly white kids and that girl would had been white, we most likely wouldn't have this discussion.

I'm starting to worry for this country.....

Old 06-09-2015, 12:43 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Did you watch the entire video? I'm thinking not since you ask this question.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:45 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjretrac View Post

To add: Tatiana, who threw the party, lives in the neighborhood. Most of the kids had guess passes, and they were classmates, so unless she went to private school far away, it wouldn't be hard to believe the other kids also live in the area.

[url=http://shine.forharriet.com/2015/06/19-year-old-woman-attacked-at-mckinney.html#axzz3cTSTSqko]19-Year-Old Attacked at McKinney Pool Party Explains How the Dispute Began[/url]
Well, there was a 14 year old Black girl on MSNBC who admitted that most of the teenagers didn't have pool passes but felt they were being discriminated against because of their race when the security guard asked those without passes to leave. She didn't know the host or the girl who was restrained by the police, so these were not a group of friends attending a party. Anyway, Tatyana is 19, so how can her mother say the 14 and 15 year old girls were her "classmates?"

Still, I was a teenager once, so I can understand how this happened. Word got out that someone who lived in a nice neighborhood with a community pool was having a party, and a bunch of people showed up to have a good time on a hot day. It happens.

No matter how the kids were behaving, what some of the residents said to the young people is inexcusable. I've never used a racial slur in my life. There is a video showing 2 of these trashy White women throwing punches at some of the kids. Maybe some of the party goers didn't belong, but the entire situation was handled very poorly.

Thank goodness none of the children were shot. I realize some of the teens were being disrespectful and mouthing off, but that's no reason to treat them like hardened criminals. The cop was straddling a 15 year old girl in a bikini for pity's sake!

Old 06-09-2015, 03:53 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
The girl is black. That's all the justification the Zimmerman Fan Club needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events