Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 01:30 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,686,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Are you ****ing serious? !
Yeah you got a problem with that?

Old 06-07-2015, 01:31 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,070 times
Originally Posted by steven_h
We'll see how it plays out.

I'm getting tired of this white cop on black hysteria. It's a minor problem compared to black on black crime which is at record levels. It's about like having your car stolen and complaining about losing the change in the ash tray. There are bigger problems which need to be addressed at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Deflection noted.
Ignorance noted

Old 06-07-2015, 01:33 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Texas is ridiculous. But they love guns so much there that I'm counting on Darwin to work it out.
Said the Liberal who loves his Liberal cities like Detroit and Baltimore. How may shootings they have in Oakland this weekend so far ?

Old 06-07-2015, 01:42 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,706,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Said the Liberal who loves his Liberal cities like Detroit and Baltimore. How may shootings they have in Oakland this weekend so far ?
I don't know. I live in beautiful Seattle and we're doing just fine, thank you.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:51 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,686,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Texas is ridiculous. But they love guns so much there that I'm counting on Darwin to work it out.
Texas and Washington have approx the same gun owning population percentage. Lemme guess a Seattlite.

Edit: Yup, on the money with that one.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:52 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,291 times
Ignorance noted [/quote]

Don't use words you don't know the definition of.

Deflect : to cause (something that is moving) to change direction

: to hit something and suddenly change direction

: to keep (something, such as a question) from affecting or being directed at a person or thing

Examples of DEFLECT

armor that can deflect bullets
The goalie deflected the ball with his hands.
The ball deflected off the goalie's shoulder.
They are trying to deflect attention from the troubled economy.
The blame was deflected from the chairman.

So enlighten me, how am I displaying a lack of knowledge? Oh that's right, you don't have an actual argument.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:54 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,955,804 times
Quote:
The only gun I saw pulled was by. Wait for it..... The cop. Pulling a gun on kids who were not approaching him, but rather because they were trying to get away from him. Perfectly justified.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:54 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,706,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Texas and Washington have approx the same gun owning population percentage. Lemme guess a Seattlite.
I'm not going to compare gun-owning rates. I'm going to say we don't feel the need to have guns on school campuses. We don't worship guns the was Texans do, that's all. But you go ahead and carry on in Texas and be sure to keep those kids and pool parties in line. Lifeguards can carry them on a holster with their swim trunks.

How Many Texans Own Guns? A Whole Freakin' Lot, Poll Shows | Houston Press

Old 06-07-2015, 02:06 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,456,617 times
Quote:
Non sequitur....

I would suggest a basic class in logic for you and others who prefer to cast liberals and conservatives under one big blanket of personal preferences. This whole "Oh you liberals and your love for 'X'," is absolutely ridiculous. The same goes for those who say "Oh you conservatives and your love for 'X'."

If someone is anti-gun, it does not mean they are pro-Baltimore or pro-Detroit. How on Earth you make that logical leap is beyond me. Don't get me wrong... I see plenty of people make the same logical fallacies about conservatives and whatever argument may be going at a particular time.

But, I believe thought processes and flames like this actually do more to hurt the democratic process than anything else. It tells me that you're so driven into one side of the political spectrum that you've resorted to stereotyping the other end. Unfortunately, that means even if the side has the greatest idea in the world, you're responding to the label and not the idea itself. Which is sad...

Seeing that there isn't a thread on this forum in which people can refrain from calling someone a liberal or a conservative followed by a slew of pre-conceived accusations, it makes the overall look and feel of the country's political prospects seem pretty dim. Everyone blames our politicians for deadlocks in Congress but, quite frankly, they're just representatives of a people who are responding to labels more than they are ideas.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:10 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,169,435 times
More info is needed. However, that officer had no reason to put his hands on the teenage girl. Whatever reason they were there and the fact that he has on a uniform does not mean he can unnecessarily put his hands on a teenage girl walking away from whatever situation. That smells of sexual perversion...pedophilia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events