Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 07:50 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,102,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Didn't they circumvent the law by giving it away and having a Donations jar? Smart young ladies.
I love american entrepreneurship... I bet she makes a bundle ... let's hope enough for college.. maybe she could be president and reign in big bureaucracy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 08:00 AM

12,065 posts, read 10,335,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Yuck! That lemonade looks like it contains no lemons at all!
yes - probably Country Time mix. double yuck

Old 06-12-2015, 08:01 AM

40,996 posts, read 49,408,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I love american entrepreneurship... I bet she makes a bundle ... let's hope enough for college.. maybe she could be president and reign in big bureaucracy
When my son was young I helped him load up his little Red Wagon and go mobile selling Lemonade to all the men out mowing their yards on Saturday morning.

The kid is very successful today and quite the salesman.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:26 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,066,405 times
So No GoFundMe Account yet? For her?

Old 06-12-2015, 09:42 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,788,529 times
This sort of problem is very common.

We ran a trivia night fundraiser to buy an air conditioner for our community center. We could not actually charge admission (teams donated $10/person to play, but could play for free if they wanted). We could not run any raffles or other side contests that were games of chance. We had to have a notarized list of acceptable answers for the "game of skill" portion (e.g. the trivia).
We were not allowed to give away or sell any drinks or food (even for free we would have needed a health inspection). We could not make cups available (because if anyone poured alcohol in those cups, we were bootlegging).

And here is where it gets weird. Some members of our community do not like the community center; they want it to be a private membership club rather than a community center open to everyone. So, they opposed putting in the air conditioner. They called the health department on us. They called the cops on us.... eight times. They called the ATF and I had to have an interview with an ATF investigator to make sure we were not bootlegging! (He apologized to me profusely. And said he really wished he was allowed to give me the name of the person who complained.)

Of course, we weren't cute little girls with a lemonade stand. We were just a group of people trying to help our community who did follow all of the rules, while the police and health department had to do their job and be the middlemen for the anonymous people who wanted to harass us.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:48 AM

17,566 posts, read 15,711,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
yes - probably Country Time mix. double yuck
Oh come on, now! These are little girls! It warms my heart that they care so much about dad to do something like this! I would have bought some from them, and enjoyed it very much just based off of the principle.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:56 AM

Fathers Day gift to: Texas waterpark Splash Kingdom...

Sounds like someplace they would want to do more then there Father..

Old 06-12-2015, 10:23 AM

17,566 posts, read 15,711,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Fathers Day gift to: Texas waterpark Splash Kingdom...

Sounds like someplace they would want to do more then there Father..
You'd be surprised. Sometimes, as fathers, the best gift we can get is a fun outing with the kids, especially if it's paid for.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:26 AM

Very True... Maybe I can get my Son to Get me a WaterPark Ticket.... For Fathers Day...

Old 06-12-2015, 10:36 AM

45,588 posts, read 61,004,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Very True... Maybe I can get my Son to Get me a WaterPark Ticket.... For Fathers Day...
My kids have started buying presents for me that they want. So the drill is that I get to have it for a bit and then the one who got me the present will say, 'Hey Dad, if you're not using that ___________ can I have it?" Then it disappears to whichever house.

My oldest son has mentioned he'd like to have a heads up prior to my buying a new shotgun, books or music so he can decide if the purchase is "appropriate".

Last edited by North Beach Person; 06-12-2015 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: word insertion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events