Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 09:29 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,888,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc-lang
It was a dumb statement by the Principal, but he shouldn't have been fired.
Nope but this country is so me$$ed up now PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW BETER THAN TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT UNDER THIER OWN IDENTITY!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 09:29 AM

297 posts, read 295,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Not according to the US Census.
Hispanic people can be of any race (or even all races). There are white Hispanics, Black Hispanics, Asian/Indian Hispanics and mixed race Hispanics...

Old 06-11-2015, 09:38 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,978,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Not according to the US Census.
Is that why race (White, Black, Asian, Native American/Alaska Native/Pacific Islander, Multi-Racial) and ethnicity (Hispanic/Latino, Not Hispanic/Latino) are two separate boxes on the Census?

Old 06-11-2015, 10:07 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,060,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Nope but this country is so me$$ed up now PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW BETER THAN TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT UNDER THIER OWN IDENTITY!!
Let the race wars begin I guess, either join in with the P.C. race hustler loons or get mowed over by it...
Now here's a cat with a probable wrongful termination suit!
Probably a good thing for that principal, I wouldn't want to work for a district where they'd act like that. I guess it's okay to keep teachers that couldn't teach a dog new tricks much less a kid math as long as said teacher is P.C. and "down with the crew" but heaven forbid someone has a positive opinion about a cop, or even worse a {white cop}...

Old 06-11-2015, 10:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,612,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
So people should not voice opposing opinions that will upset the social media mobs.
Only voice your opinion if you agree with them.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,612,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Let the race wars begin I guess, either join in with the P.C. race hustler loons or get mowed over by it...
Now here's a cat with a probable wrongful termination suit!
Probably a good thing for that principal, I wouldn't want to work for a district where they'd act like that. I guess it's okay to keep teachers that couldn't teach a dog new tricks much less a kid math as long as said teacher is P.C. and "down with the crew" but heaven forbid someone has a positive opinion about a cop, or even worse a {white cop}...
He'll never win it.

The guy that fired him hid statistics on Black juvenile crime in his district.
And he still has his job.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:03 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,615,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
The whole thing is ridiculous. If a black principal posted something in support of these trash thug kids, nothing would happen.
Trash thug kids? What a pathetic comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
I just find it interesting that many support his right to freedom of speech, but not the black teen girl's right to freedom of speech. But I shouldn't be surprised, because in truth, most Americans lack critical thinking skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
Im telling you fair minded citizens are going to turn on these people when they start realizing there is a mccarthy-esque thought policing going on. And when it comes its going to blow the f*ing doors off this nonsense. There are plenty of hispanics and whites who are going to realize they are trying to control what we think. Because hispanics have been just as much victims as whites in this "you cant disagree with us" intimidation campaign. Lots of hispanic cops being targeted, now a hispanic principal. We are not going to put up with this.
Who is we and what are you going to do about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
If I understand correctly, people are upset because the principal was fired for expressing that he fully supports the actions of the rogue officer (who was forced to resign) by the Mckinnley police dept. The irony is, the chief of police stated that the officer behaved inappropriately.

I find it very interesting that many white people want to support the principal's freedom of speech, but they don't see that the white officer basically suppressed the young black's girl freedom of speech. The teen girl had not cursed him, she simply stated a fact, that she had the right to freedom of speech. The officer's reaction was to immediately slam her to the ground (face first), pull her hair, and kneel on her back - with his full body weight.

So which is it? Do you only support freedom of speech when it pertains to whites?

Old 06-11-2015, 11:29 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,710,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Trash thug kids? What a pathetic comment.Who is we and what are you going to do about it?
Take away the long well thought out posts that you offer a simple line by line rebuttal. And you really didn't say much. In fact, it was just some petty insults and emoticons.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:22 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,247,314 times
When are people in public positions, incl. educators, going to stop using Facebook as a public forum for their views? THINK!
I knew a teacher that called off sick the first week of school (you just don't do that) and then posted pictures on Facebook of him and a bunch of women in bikinis on the beach.
Fired.
Good.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:38 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,615,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Take away the long well thought out posts that you offer a simple line by line rebuttal. And you really didn't say much. In fact, it was just some petty insults and emoticons.
After calling those kids "trash thug kids", the remaining post wasn't worthy to read and most certainly wasn't a well thought out post. Besides, I wasn't replying to you so what the hell are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events