Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 06:43 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,058,452 times

Advertisements

Principal Fired for Defending Cop at Center of McKinney Incident
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 07:04 PM

304 posts, read 325,167 times
It was a dumb statement by the Principal, but he shouldn't have been fired. People should have the right to state their opinions without fear of reprisals. Otherwise our society breaks down into one group of people effectively being intimidated into silence. Not good.

Last edited by arc-lang; 06-10-2015 at 07:27 PM..

Old 06-10-2015, 07:13 PM

963 posts, read 689,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arc-lang View Post
It was a dumb statement by the Principal, but he shouldn't have been fired. People should have the right to state their opinions with fear of reprisals. Otherwise our society breaks down into one group of people effectively being intimidated into silence. Not good.
A DUMB statement?

Quote:
“He did nothing wrong. He was afraid for his life. I commend him for his actions,” he reportedly wrote.
Really?

HERE is where the REAL problem lies:

He's WHITE. This is what it says about his school:

Quote:
The Miami Herald reports that 99 percent of the students at North Miami Senior High School are minorities.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:26 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,284 times
We tell kids to watch what they say on social media and be careful with photos on FB. Reason is it can be detimental for college admission and employment. A principal is supposed to be an astute individual, so how come he doesn't know this?

Old 06-10-2015, 07:27 PM

304 posts, read 325,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
A DUMB statement?

Really?

The officer was not in fear for his life. Most of the kids were running away from him. And sorry bud but when you throw a teenage girl to the ground and stick your knees into the back of that teenager, you have lost my support. No one was attacking this officer, yet he drew is gun on a bunch of teenagers. There were other officers there who did not act like this. So I guess there lives where not in danger, huh.

The principal made a dumb statement, but as I said he should not have been fired.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:30 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Is that it? He doesn't know anything about what happened than we do but it's ridiculous to fire him. There's got to be something else that was said. There are a lot of blacks that probably said the same as he did. I don't believe it.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:30 PM

I feel torn about this, as #1. the principal has a right to his opinion, why should he get fired for his opinion?

However, everything on Facebook and social media is NOT private. We are told to be careful what we post on social media and this is a good example of why.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:31 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
A DUMB statement?

Really?

I don't know if he's white, Hispanic, or white-Hispanic, or non-white Hispanic. Whichever ...

in a school that's 85% black, it's dumb to publicly support a white cop, if you want to keep your job.

Keep in mind this is the same school district and superintendent that keeps crimes committed by black students within the school's PD instead of the sending it to the regular Miami-Dade PD.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Is that it? He doesn't know anything about what happened than we do but it's ridiculous to fire him. There's got to be something else that was said. There are a lot of blacks that probably said the same as he did. I don't believe it.
Who knows, people are ultra-sensitive today. We need to watch what we post on social media.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:33 PM

963 posts, read 689,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arc-lang View Post
The officer was not in fear for his life. Most of the kids were running away from him. And sorry bud but when you throw a teenage girl to the ground and stick your knees into the back of that teenager, you have lost my support. No one was attacking this officer, yet he drew is gun on a bunch of teenagers. There were other officers there who did not act like this. So I guess there lives where not in danger, huh.

The principal made a dumb statement, but as I said he should not have been fired.
The pictures say otherwise, and you know it "bud"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events