Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2015, 09:41 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
But unless both of her parents can submit proof of their own heritage then we just have to go by their word. And I have no reason to have faith in the honesty and veracity of two people who are throwing their child under the bus voluntarily. Even though Rachel Dolezal was deceptive they threw their own child under the bus. So I'd like to see a DNA report because none of them really have much credibility as far as I'm concerned.
You know, I wondered about that aspect too. They had to have known this was going to create some serious social stigma for their child. Most parents do everything they can to spare their child from that level of pain, not be the creators of it. What exactly was their end game? It certainly wasn't to mend any broken fences.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:43 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Judaism is a religion - yes, I've already said that.

But there IS such as thing as Ashkenazi Jewish DNA. I already supplied one link but here are others. Sorry - that's how it works.

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articl...ritten-in-DNA/

Scientists Trace Jewish History Using DNA | IFLScience

https://www.igenea.com/en/jews

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jews"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1564423
If Judaism is a religion, how can DNA reveal 3% Jewish?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 09:43 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You know, I wondered about that aspect too. They had to have known this was going to create some serious social stigma for their child. Most parents do everything they can to spare their child from that level of pain, not be the creators of it. What exactly was their end game? It certainly wasn't to mend any broken fences.
I think the whole family seems very dysfunctional. But that doesn't excuse the cray cray woman's lies about her ethnicity and genetic heritage and the career she boosted with her ever expanding web of deceit.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
If Judaism is a religion, how can DNA reveal 3% Jewish?
Sigh.

Judaism is a religion. ASHKENAZI JEWISH ANCESTRY is genetic and is able to be detected via DNA testing. I've given link after link to articles and information which can explain this to you.

As I've stated repeatedly now (and frankly, I'm bored with it at this point), one can practice JUDAISM without being ethnically Jewish. And one can be ethnically Jewish and NOT practice Judaism. And (here's the really cool part) one can be ethnically Jewish AND have Ashkenazi Jewish DNA. Wow! Jewish Jackpot.

From the 23andme DNA website (yet another source):
Quote:
Maternal haplogroups are families of mitochondrial DNA types that all trace back to a single mutation at a specific place and time. By looking at the geographic distribution of mtDNA types, we learn how our ancient female ancestors migrated throughout the world.

Haplogroup: K, a subgroup of R
Region: Near East, Europe, Central Asia, Northern Africa
Example Populations: Ashkenazi, Druze, Kurds
Highlight: One branch of haplogroup K ties about 1.7 million Ashkenazi Jews living today to a single maternal ancestor.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:48 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
Quote:
You know, I wondered about that aspect too. They had to have known this was going to create some serious social stigma for their child. Most parents do everything they can to spare their child from that level of pain, not be the creators of it. What exactly was their end game? It certainly isn't going to mend any broken fences.
THANK YOU. This whole story smacks of personal issues and we don't know what we don't know. We know that she grew up with black siblings and that there was some obvious issues with her upbringing. I'm venturing to guess she embraced the culture of her siblings to cope with whatever stress she was dealing with from the parents. I really think there is some acting out on her part. She might have conned people but she has done positive work in her community too but people like Chris Myers choose to ignore that. And I'm NOT saying that the positive work she has done makes up for the deceit, but it gives us a little insight into her mindset.

All I know is that if I had a child I would be doing all I could to reach out to her and try to mend the broken relationship or get her help. The last thing I would do would be to go to the media to air her dirty laundry.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:50 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Quote:
Yes, and that's a pretty lame reason for someone to be getting hate mail - or pretending some AA older guy is her dad and her brother is her son. Wow.

And she must spend a fortune on wigs. I wonder if she wears a wig cap or cuts that straight blonde hair of hers off real short? Inquiring minds want to know, because some of her wigs are freaking awesome. For a white chick anyway.
The level of deception is mind boggling, but at the same time, in the social climate of surgery to alter gender, I think she can claim trans-racial. Sex and Race are anthropological classifications, so if one can be altered in surgery, so can the other - it's all about DNA, bone structure, hair colour, spray tan, hair extensions, modifying a person such that the person has a different sex or race.

Why not.
That is the absurdity of politically correct, no?

DNA doesn't lie. The male, and the Caucasian are clearly visible in DNA.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:55 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
The level of deception is mind boggling, but at the same time, in the social climate of surgery to alter gender, I think she can claim trans-racial. Sex and Race are anthropological classifications, so if one can be altered in surgery, so can the other - it's all about DNA, bone structure, hair colour, spray tan, hair extensions, modifying a person such that the person has a different sex or race.

Why not.
That is the absurdity of politically correct, no?
Sex is not an anthropological classification. You can be trans-gender and with surgery and hormones alter your gender, adopting some of the physical attributes of the opposite sex, and modifying one's hormonal status, and psychologically identify as the opposite sex, but you're never going to have a transgender man who has ovaries for example (at least not yet), so being transgender doesn't mean you have altered your sex, your DNA.

Putting on dark make-up and frizzing one's hair, and then claiming you are multi-racial is hardly the same. It's just bizarre.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:55 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
I think the whole family seems very dysfunctional. But that doesn't excuse the cray cray woman's lies about her ethnicity and genetic heritage and the career she boosted with her ever expanding web of deceit.
Well... Like I said earlier, if we can choose our gender we should be able to choose our race or ethnicity. Biology has become immaterial. She wasn't lying, she was just living a life to match her true self.

But, that aside, parents normally don't give society ammo to ridicule their child, at least not deliberately like these ones did. There is no way I would ever do that to one of my kids, even if they deserved it. I've read enough of your posts through the years to know there is no way you would either.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Well... Like I said earlier, if we can choose our gender we should be able to choose our race or ethnicity. Biology has become immaterial. She wasn't lying, she was just living a life to match her true self.

But, that aside, parents normally don't give society ammo to ridicule their child, at least not deliberately like these ones did. There is no way I would ever do that to one of my kids, even if they deserved it. I've read enough of your posts through the years to know there is no way you would either.
You're right about "outing" a child - and that's why I said I think the entire family seems really weird and dysfunctional.

And they apparently really like to take center stage. Kind of like kids who crave ANY attention, not just "good" attention. What a bunch of loons.

This woman WAS lying though. She wasn't just living a life to match her true self. She could have done that without parading out the fake daddy, the fake son, and the fake childhood teepee and baboon whip stories. She could have just said, "I prefer not to talk about my childhood or my parents," and donned the big wigs and fake tan and lived whatever life she wanted to lead - she was already estranged from her parents and for all I know they deserved it. But the people she worked with and for did not deserve to be lied to and misled.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:01 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
Wrong. She was straight-out lying. She faked her background to gain educational and professional benefits. She lied about white supremacist attacks, 8 separate times. She stole benefits and wasted police resources and is very lucky she isn't being prosecuted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events