Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2015, 02:12 PM

756 posts, read 834,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
If she's been doing it for years, I wonder why her parents did not say something earlier?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoern...ea#.xvaDRNJ4BX
This is just stupid. They recognize Gender Identity, but not Ethnic Identity?! The Black People and The Black-On-The-Inside People just never get any recognition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 02:35 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
This woman is too much!

NAACP Imposter Sued School Over Race Claims | The Smoking Gun

Quote:
NAACP Imposter Sued School Over Race Claims
Rachel Dolezal alleged she was victim of white discrimination

JUNE 15--The NAACP official who today resigned in the face of evidence that she masqueraded as black once sued Howard University for denying her teaching posts and a scholarship because she was a white woman, The Smoking Gun has learned.

Rachel Dolezal, 37, who headed the NAACP’s Spokane, Washington chapter, sued Howard for discrimination in 2002, the year she graduated from the historically black college with a Master of Fine Arts degree.

Dolezal, then known as Rachel Moore, named the university and Professor Alfred Smith as defendants in a lawsuit filed in Washington, D.C.’s Superior Court. During the pendency of the civil case, Smith was chairman of Howard’s Department of Art.

According to a Court of Appeals opinion, Dolezal's lawsuit “claimed discrimination based on race, pregnancy, family responsibilities and gender.” She alleged that Smith and other school officials improperly blocked her appointment to a teaching assistant post, rejected her application for a post-graduate instructorship, and denied her scholarship aid while she was a student.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:37 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Revisiting this thread after giving some more thought to her actions, if this women has been lying about her race in order to use that to gain advantage, this is fraud and misrepresentation. She should resign and be prosecuted. The lying, fraud, and deception is the problem. She seems like a mental case.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:40 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Not trying to argue the point one way or another, because it does seem a bit ambiguous, but I was born in 65 and always thought I was thoroughly Gen X.

I was born and raised in a different country though so that might be why.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:45 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Revisiting this thread after giving some more thought to her actions, if this women has been lying about her race in order to use that to gain advantage, this is fraud and misrepresentation.
huh? how can that be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
There are no advantages to being black in this country, so her reasons for doing this are an interesting psychological study.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:49 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Not trying to argue the point one way or another, because it does seem a bit ambiguous, but I was born in 65 and always thought I was thoroughly Gen X.

You are Gen X.

Unfortunately, you came of age at a time when America's attitudes and laws were just taking affect to resolve past abuses.

The internet has really opened my eyes as to how so many people across this country have no clue or interactions with anyone different from them. It's like someone from NYC staying on the same block or neighborhood all their lives and never going across the street or taking the subway to the next neighborhood over. Ever.

It's sad.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:50 PM

732 posts, read 1,046,218 times
One thing for sure. The whole country, except Liberals, have all gotten a great big laugh from Rachel, or is it now Ra'chelle?

Just think of all the fodder for comedians and YouTube skits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxsaL3mSH0

Old 06-15-2015, 02:56 PM

625 posts, read 624,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Are you saying this women has not been a victim of hate crimes?
Are you saying she has? She's claimed a lot. Hate crimes, rape, cancer, slave beatings by her parents… on and on.

Interesting that the hate crimes (alleged) follow her. There has not been enough evidence in ANY case for charges to be filed. Even when another explanation was found in one case, she refused to accept it and said she knew it was a hate crime (similar words).

So… she continues to be the "victim" everywhere she goes, everything she does, but she has used being a victim to promote her career as an academic & artist. Seems likely this all started with a choice to be black for civil rights work, but it has snowballed into a form of Munchausen syndrome but instead of using her children to get attention (via fake illness) she used THEIR culture & their race (black), appropriated it and bent it, and used the black experience to her own sick ends.

It's offensive in the same way someone fakes cancer for attention, claims to be an 9/11 survivor or claims to be a former service member.

These behaviors on her part are questions of integrity and it leaves personally, doubts about her mental stability.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:58 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I posed this on the politics forum: why can't she identify as black and trans race? Does a trans man need to tell everyone his "real" sex? Maybe she felt more black than white.
I can't really make up my mind about this. People often identify and act like members of a "group" they weren't born to--whether it's race, ethnicity, sex or religion. People change religions all the time and that's accepted. Americans go to fight with al queda and ISIS which is a pretty big leap from what they were born into. White rappers often take on characteristics of black rap culture. Black and Hispanics have been accused of being Oreos (Black on the outside, white on the inside) or coconuts (Brown on the outside, white on the inside). People are entitled to do what they want in order to be comfortable with themselves.

But if she actually lied about who her father was, or lied on applications, etc. to gain an advantage, or misrepresented her experience in order to gain sympathy, position, or favor, that's what is disturbing. It's the lies rather than how she perceives herself that get under peoples' skin.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:59 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

1964 is the cutoff according to the US Census Bureau. That's always what I heard growing up as well. I was born in 1962. I'm not saying that there aren't marked differences between those born in 1945 and 1964 but still - that's the BBer generation officially, so there you have it.

Like I said, I was born in 1962. My brother was born in 1972. I have much more in common actually with BBers that I know, than with my brother and his peers. There was such a marked difference in our experiences growing up that often he seems more like my child or a much younger cousin than like a sibling. Seems like a completely different generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events