Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 08:53 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I said I wasn't going to address the other points of your post. YOUR post. That doesn't mean I don't care about facts. It just means I don't care about your post.
You cared enough to respond to it. If I post fact to backup what I've said, I'd hope that you would at least consider these facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 08:55 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So why don't you actually address the point made? If it was a poor attempt, it should be easy to prove wrong with simple logic.

ATG, I do agree with you on the last sentence.
I've addressed it several times already.

It's the lies, not the race, that are the issue here. Non profits cannot harbor liars, given they solicit money. That would be just one reason. The fact they can't trust a word she says would be another. The fact she made a mockery of there entire mission would be one more.

I could go on, but it's pointless with you.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
It's the lies, not the race, that are the issue here. Non profits cannot harbor liars, given they solicit money. That would be just one reason. The fact they can't trust a word she says would be another. The fact she made a mockery of there entire mission would be one more.
There isn't a person on the planet that doesn't tell lies. Unless she lied to doners about how their money would be used by the NAACP, what she says to her employer is irrelevant. There is absolutely no evidence that she did this.

In regard on whether she actually lied, I say she didn't. It's not possible to tell a lie about your racial lineage in the USA. You are completely free to claim whatever race that you want.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:01 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I've addressed it several times already.

I could go on, but it's pointless with you.
It could begin and end with this "brave lady" staging/making up hate crimes against herself.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:10 AM

Brave Lady's Resignation Letter

Quote:
Dear Executive Committee and NAACP Members,

It is a true honor to serve in the racial and social justice movement here in Spokane and across the nation. Many issues face us now that drive at the theme of urgency. Police brutality, biased curriculum in schools, economic disenfranchisement, health inequities, and a lack of pro-justice political representation are among the concerns at the forefront of the current administration of the Spokane NAACP. And yet, the dialogue has unexpectedly shifted internationally to my personal identity in the context of defining race and ethnicity.

I have waited in deference while others expressed their feelings, beliefs, confusions and even conclusions - absent the full story. I am consistently committed to empowering marginalized voices and believe that many individuals have been heard in the last hours and days that would not otherwise have had a platform to weigh in on this important discussion. Additionally, I have always deferred to the state and national NAACP leadership and offer my sincere gratitude for their unwavering support of my leadership through this unexpected firestorm.

While challenging the construct of race is at the core of evolving human consciousness, we can NOT afford to lose sight of the five Game Changers (Criminal Justice & Public Safety, Health & Healthcare, Education, Economic Sustainability, and Voting Rights & Political Representation) that affect millions, often with a life or death outcome. The movement is larger than a moment in time or a single person’s story, and I hope that everyone offers their robust support of the Journey for Justice campaign that the NAACP launches today!

I am delighted that so many organizations and individuals have supported and collaborated with the Spokane NAACP under my leadership to grow this branch into one of the healthiest in the nation in 5 short months. In the eye of this current storm, I can see that a separation of family and organizational outcomes is in the best interest of the NAACP.

It is with complete allegiance to the cause of racial and social justice and the NAACP that I step aside from the Presidency and pass the baton to my Vice President, Naima Quarles-Burnley. It is my hope that by securing a beautiful office for the organization in the heart of downtown, bringing the local branch into financial compliance, catalyzing committees to do strategic work in the five Game Changer issues, launching community forums, putting the membership on a fast climb, and helping many individuals find the legal, financial and practical support needed to fight race-based discrimination, I have positioned the Spokane NAACP to buttress this transition.

Please know I will never stop fighting for human rights and will do everything in my power to help and assist, whether it means stepping up or stepping down, because this is not about me. It’s about justice. This is not me quitting; this is a continuum. It’s about moving the cause of human rights and the Black Liberation Movement along the continuum from Resistance to Chattel Slavery to Abolition to Defiance of Jim Crow to the building of Black Wall Street to the Civil Rights and Black Power Movement to the ‪#‎BlackLivesMatter‬ movement and into a future of self-determination and empowerment.

With much love and a commitment to always fight for what is right and good in this world,
Rachel Dolezal

Old 06-16-2015, 09:13 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It could begin and end with this "brave lady" staging/making up hate crimes against herself.
yes indeed.

those were responsible for blowing this whole thing wide open in the first place, as the good people of Idaho finally got tired of her falsely trying to accuse them of 'racism' with her staged hate crimes.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:14 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Brave Lady's Resignation Letter
Please explain what's "brave" about staging/faking hate crimes.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:16 AM

Sounds to me like the NAACP is losing a valuable leader who has done a great deal of work for the organization because of complaints of "some". This reminds me of someone who proves a knife is sharp by slitting their own wrists. NAACP still supports this lady.

Well so be it. She's gone, people don't have to worry about her now.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:17 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
There isn't a person on the planet that doesn't tell lies. Unless she lied to doners about how their money would be used by the NAACP, what she says to her employer is irrelevant. There is absolutely no evidence that she did
this.
Rubbish.

Integrity matters when you handle other people's money. Period. Good lawd.

Quote:
In regard on whether she actually lied, I say she didn't. It's not possible to tell a lie about your racial lineage in the USA. You are completely free to claim whatever race that you want.
And of course you can lie about your lineage racial or otherwise. People have been lying about that since time immemorial. Usually to misrepresent their class or social status, in order to benefit themselves.

It doesn't have to be legally nebulous to be a lie.

And whether you think the lie is moral or immoral completely depends on your personal POV.

To strongly iidentify with another culture, as long as you aren't outright making stuff up, is a different thing.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Please explain what's "brave" about staging/faking hate crimes.
If you have proof of this, then I recommend you contact the relevant authorities and let them know so she can be prosecuted. Staging fake crime is illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events