Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 01:48 PM

35,122 posts, read 17,071,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Please explain what's "brave" about staging/faking hate crimes.
Ask Tawana Brawley. She's still alive. For those that don't know that was one of an early contribution of Al Sharpton to public life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 02:08 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
It's just pure entertainment while we wait for Tropical Bill to make landfall.
Quote:
Yes.I suppose it takes bravery to own up to your lies and deceit and the monetary and professional gains from them, as well as stand by your convictions that have been or will otherwise to be proven as fact, regardless. It does take a lot to endure what she has endured, all of which she has endured was brought upon herself by her own actions and deeds, and nobody else's. Thanks for the laugh.
You asked for my opinion about why I think she is brave. I obliged and gave response and a fair one that you don't dispute. Yet you respond like this. IMO, this obvious and disappointing insincerity towards a real discussion here is lower than anything this woman did.

You demonstrate that you are in no position to be casting stones.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Exactly what was "the great deal of work for the organization" that she did?
As detailed in her resignation letter and which the NAACP supports.

Quote:
Dear Executive Committee and NAACP Members, It is a true honor to serve in the racial and social justice movement here in Spokane and across the nation. Many issues face us now that drive at the theme of urgency. Police brutality, biased curriculum in schools, economic disenfranchisement, health inequities, and a lack of pro-justice political representation are among the concerns at the forefront of the current administration of the Spokane NAACP. And yet, the dialogue has unexpectedly shifted internationally to my personal identity in the context of defining race and ethnicity.

I have waited in deference while others expressed their feelings, beliefs, confusions and even conclusions - absent the full story. I am consistently committed to empowering marginalized voices and believe that many individuals have been heard in the last hours and days that would not otherwise have had a platform to weigh in on this important discussion. Additionally, I have always deferred to the state and national NAACP leadership and offer my sincere gratitude for their unwavering support of my leadership through this unexpected firestorm.

While challenging the construct of race is at the core of evolving human consciousness, we can NOT afford to lose sight of the five Game Changers (Criminal Justice & Public Safety, Health & Healthcare, Education, Economic Sustainability, and Voting Rights & Political Representation) that affect millions, often with a life or death outcome. The movement is larger than a moment in time or a single person’s story, and I hope that everyone offers their robust support of the Journey for Justice campaign that the NAACP launches today!

I am delighted that so many organizations and individuals have supported and collaborated with the Spokane NAACP under my leadership to grow this branch into one of the healthiest in the nation in 5 short months. In the eye of this current storm, I can see that a separation of family and organizational outcomes is in the best interest of the NAACP. It is with complete allegiance to the cause of racial and social justice and the NAACP that I step aside from the Presidency and pass the baton to my Vice President, Naima Quarles-Burnley.

It is my hope that by securing a beautiful office for the organization in the heart of downtown, bringing the local branch into financial compliance, catalyzing committees to do strategic work in the five Game Changer issues, launching community forums, putting the membership on a fast climb, and helping many individuals find the legal, financial and practical support needed to fight race-based discrimination, I have positioned the Spokane NAACP to buttress this transition.

Please know I will never stop fighting for human rights and will do everything in my power to help and assist, whether it means stepping up or stepping down, because this is not about me. It’s about justice. This is not me quitting; this is a continuum. It’s about moving the cause of human rights and the Black Liberation Movement along the continuum from Resistance to Chattel Slavery to Abolition to Defiance of Jim Crow to the building of Black Wall Street to the Civil Rights and Black Power Movement to the ‪#‎BlackLivesMatter‬ movement and into a future of self-determination and empowerment.

With much love and a commitment to always fight for what is right and good in this world, Rachel Dolezal

Old 06-16-2015, 02:49 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,180,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You asked for my opinion about why I think she is brave. I obliged and gave response and a fair one that you don't dispute. Yet you respond like this. IMO, this obvious and disappointing insincerity towards a real discussion here is lower than anything this woman did.

You demonstrate that you are in no position to be casting stones.
You're right again.

My "disappointing insincerity" towards this woman who brought of all this on herself is far worse than staging hate crimes, making false accusations of racism, lying about alleged abuse and family relations and misleading those around her for professional and monetary gain.

Interesting your qualifications for bravery are lying, deceit, and "standing by one's convictions" after attempting to conceal said "convictions" while profiting both professionally and monetarily.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:49 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,035,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
'baboon whips' and fake 'hate crimes'?

the horror...
I have been unable to find a picture of a baboon whip.

Every time I do a search Rachel's face keeps popping up. LMAO!!!!!!

She truly is comedic relief at this point.

Oh man! To be a fly on the wall listening to her riveting tales of "abuse" doled out by the "white" man!!!

You know she got into "character" about it too. Crying, getting angry, then back to crying again!!

Old 06-16-2015, 02:58 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,953,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
The jobs part is a LIE.

I don't know why whites and asians are complaining about anything when they dominate all of silicon valley.

I dare anyone to show me a black face working for any of those companies. If you do, they're probably in the mail room somewhere.

There was a study showing that even white male felonious convicts were able to land a job three times faster than black and hispanics.

I'm sorry, but black and brown people (including those asians you worship so much) don't want to hear about white people's "struggles", because as far as we're concerned you can still get a job ten times faster than anyone else.

And also no white person ever says to another white person that "you are very articulate" which was said about Obama countless times as though a harvard/yale educated man was supposed to sound like anything but.

#whitemalepowerstructurematters

Although much of what you wrote is true, why are you blaming working white people? Are you saying if I can't get a job because of my health, gender or age I should just suck it up because I'm lucky to have white skin? When I have to pay my bills or need more affordable health care, the last thing I want to hear about is how I have it easy because I'm White.

I've been a lifelong Democrat and always tried to treat others fairly and with respect. I've met plenty of racists, so there's no denying it exists. However, there will always be bigots in this world. I just don't think walking around with a chip on your shoulder helps to solve the problem.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Although much of what you wrote is true, why are you blaming working white people?
I'm not having this conversation here and I'm not blaming "working white people" for anything.

If you want to discuss this, then create a separate thread and send me a message to participate, but I'm not doing that in THIS thread.

And to be honest, I really don't care.

I'm just tired of these lies that black people get all this "special treatment" when I have yet to see or notice it.

No black person I know (family, friends, associates) has benefited from any "affirmative action" programs or causes. Maybe if you're a contractor with the government, but not with jobs or anything else.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:19 PM

Whoopi Goldberg and others on The View support Ms. Dolezal.

'If she wants to be black, she can be black': Whoopi Goldberg leads The View panel's defense of race-faker Rachel Dolezal

Old 06-16-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I stopped taking Whoopi seriously when she said Roman Polanski didn't "rape rape" a thirteen year old girl by giving her drugs to make her more subdued.

I guess "rape rape" is when you're beaten into a bloody pulp??

Old 06-16-2015, 03:31 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,285,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
And being in Washington and someone who was part of a "police oversight committee."

People like this are just sick in the head because they cannot accept who they are. Instead, they create this fantasy world and actually convince themselves that they're someone else.

I'm starting to think being liberal is a mental disorder...
Starting...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events