Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 11:46 AM

10,755 posts, read 5,676,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, if you feel all Black people are like that, well, not much I can do. All I can do as a Black man is work, pay my taxes, and take personal responsibility for ME.

It is quite sad to think in such a way. So some Blacks act unruly, the whole race is like that?

There are 40 million Blacks in the USA. Are you sure that at least 20 million behave like that?
None of the items in orange were in the post that you responded to. Nice strawman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 11:47 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,208 times
what do all these TOP SAFEST countries have in common?

let's see if there is an underlying theme here..

Top 10 safest countries in the world 2014-2015

Must be a coincidence...and thats only 10.. so lets go 20...

20 Worlds Most Peaceful Countries #Travel

hmm.... must still be a coincidence....

so now lets go to the most violent regions because surely there must be a common theme thats NOT a coincidence or racist in any way..

ahh.. forget it... those darn white racists need to stop..lol

Old 06-25-2015, 11:53 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Yep, I'm white and I got the crap kicked out of me in high school. A gang of black girls got the idea that I thought I was "cute", which is far from the truth. I was very shy and didn't think much of myself (why I was an easy target).

The principal, the dean, the PE teacher (most of the stuff happened in gym class) and the guidance council members were all black. The best they could come up with was "What did you expect, you're white."

We had moved to Florida from a city in NJ where blacks and whites were of the same socioeconomic class for the most part. We all got along and I was really shocked at how behind Florida was. This was in the 70s.

It's amazing how many African_Americans will tell me that I'm making the story up!

That being said, I often wonder if these girls would have launched the same kind of attack on a very meek, shy black girl. Based on the way they treated each other it seems they very likely would have.

The adults in the situation missed a great opportunity to educate both sides here. However, Florida in the 70s was not a very progressive place.
What part of Florida did you go do? What part of New Jersey are you from?

For what it's worth, I'm a Black male, late 20s. When I was in the 6th grade, I moved from an area, where both Blacks and Whites got along well, to a place that was like a throwback to the old days. Confederate flags flying in some places. My parents didn't know the area was like that.

I got bullied alot, mainly by White boys. It was either the skateboarder types or redneck types doing this. I also got subjected to some racial intimidation. Interestingly, as I got older, the Black population got larger in that area.

My little sister(we're 4 3/4 years apart), however, got alot of flak from Black girls. She got teased and berated for "acting White".

I wasn't "shy" so much as I was a nerdy kid. I read books. I was shorter and skinnier than the other kids. Alot of those kids were cowards when I look back on it. They went after kids who they perceived were targets. Were there racial tensions? Most likely. However, I noticed that many of those kids would not try anything with the Blacks who appeared "rough" or "aggresive" or who had some size on them. I was slight-statured and bookish, not to mention, I was socially awkward. I was considered an easier target.

It is similar to what happened to my sister. She was the meek kid. She wasn't loud or aggressive. She, a Black girl, caught far more flak from other Black girls than anyone else. I caught alot of flak from the "redneck" types and Whites where were of the "trashy" type. Later on I started getting problems from Black kids for not being "Black enough".

Old 06-25-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
None of the items in orange were in the post that you responded to. Nice strawman.
I read in between the lines. Having dealt with individuals who have had negative feelings towards Blacks, I have to consider many things.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:55 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Well, if you feel all Black people are like that, well, not much I can do. All I can do as a Black man is work, pay my taxes, and take personal responsibility for ME.

It is quite sad to think in such a way. So some Blacks act unruly, the whole race is like that?

There are 40 million Blacks in the USA. Are you sure that at least 20 million behave like that?
I am a black guy and strongly believe hood rat blacks out number civilized blacks. It's sad but true because I just don't see a lot of civilized blacks on my way home or to work. Just for fun I will count the number of civilized blacks on my way home from work and see what number I come up with.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I am a black guy and strongly believe hood rat blacks out number civilized blacks. It's sad but true because I just don't see a lot of civilized blacks on my way home or to work. Just for fun I will count the number of civilized blacks on my way home from work and see what number I come up with.
Where do you live? That might play a big part. Where I live, I see more non-hood rat Blacks than hood rats.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:22 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Where do you live? That might play a big part. Where I live, I see more non-hood rat Blacks than hood rats.
I live in philly. What about you?

Old 06-25-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
I live in philly. What about you?
Atlanta area. I've also lived in the Seattle area and the DFW area.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:44 PM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
LiveLeak.com - Girl wants to fight other girl while she's holding her baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB8iJ4uDY2U

Should all of those involved (including the dancing boy) be charged with a crime?

Seems like endangering a child also. The little fella hit the pavement pretty hard. Then he had to witness his mother being savagely beat.

FAR, FAR, FAR worse than the Walmart fight posted last week.

Not sure how much sorrow I'd feel if someone would've used lethal force against that thug.
OMG! That was shocking! I hope the girl that attacked the girl holding the baby gets put away!

I also think the girl with the baby should be charged with child endangerment. She should have said anything to diffuse the situation so that she could get the child away from a potentially harmful situation, not to mention she was over confident her enemy wouldn't stoop so low. No girl, your "human shield" didn't protect you!

Old 06-25-2015, 01:12 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Quote:
I live in a suburb of Austin, Texas, and I don't see what you've described.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events