Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 03:24 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺B☺s View Post
I guess you never heard of Iraq.

https://youtu.be/6U66ab4cMCE
Iraq was planned before 9-11 and was about Bush wanting to get Sadam for trying to kill hos daddy and US contractors making money. It had nothing to do with islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 03:31 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
Absolutely right! He is such a disappointment. I actually think he's a man in search of a beliefs, I think he has tried, but he vacillates and yields to whatever the greatest pressure is. He appears not to be willing to take a stand, unless it's for a popular cause or belief or one that he is feeling the most heat from. he doesn't get that no decision, is a decision. He seems like a people pleaser, he'll say and do whatever is needed to be comfortable in the moment.

I knew when he was elected that his Achilles heel was foreign affairs. Sadly, we are finding out just how weak he is in handling such issues.
Unfortunately there is a school of thought that one makes "friends" of enemies first and then expects them to reciprocate. The problem with that was illustrated by a story told by a Congressman in relation to Administration hopes on Iran. He told of a zoo cage where a lamb was laying down next to a lion. Someone said, "so cute, so Biblical. How do you do that?" The zookeeper said "there's a different lamb in there every day."

Old 07-04-2015, 04:28 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
ISIS is here it will be our beaches soon
Well they can try it. But I'm willing to bet that if an idiot like the one in Tunisia tried the same thing on any beach from NC around to Texas, he'd be shot dead probably before his first bullet hit the mark and if not, would never get a 2nd one off.

Though I wouldn't make the same prediction for the gun control states that have beaches.

Old 07-04-2015, 04:48 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well they can try it. But I'm willing to bet that if an idiot like the one in Tunisia tried the same thing on any beach from NC around to Texas, he'd be shot dead probably before his first bullet hit the mark and if not, would never get a 2nd one off.

Though I wouldn't make the same prediction for the gun control states that have beaches.
I'll take that bet. The US has never been proactive to these type of situations when it's not on their shores. The US has always been reactive and do a 180 degree about face when it does and still hasn't learned anything since 9/11 (or even Pearl Harbor).

Semper Fi.

Old 07-04-2015, 04:55 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I'll take that bet. The US has never been proactive to these type of situations when it's not on their shores. The US has always been reactive and do a 180 degree about face when it does and still hasn't learned anything since 9/11 (or even Pearl Harbor).

Semper Fi.
You missed the point entirely. Maybe you should try reading my post again. I left an easy hint in it.

Old 07-04-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Unfortunately there is a school of thought that one makes "friends" of enemies first and then expects them to reciprocate.....
That would be the US train of thought. The EU train of thought is to give in to their "requests" and send them Billions of Euros in payoffs and business so issues do not come to their shores. The EU is well known for looking the other way when issues arise that come into their range of sight and thus do their best to stick it back in its blind spot.

Old 07-04-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You missed the point entirely. Maybe you should try reading my post again. I left an easy hint in it.
And I'm telling you that if someone walked onto a beach in the South, he'd get off more than a dozen shots off before being taken down. The US has naive Police Officers and not retired military that it once had.

Old 07-04-2015, 05:17 PM

2 posts, read 1,409 times
In the south the shooter would be some disgruntled bubba on a rampage because he ran out of oxycontin. It would likely take quite some time to tell him apart from the other guys at the beach.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:50 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,478,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Iraq was planned before 9-11 and was about Bush wanting to get Sadam for trying to kill hos daddy and US contractors making money. It had nothing to do with islam.
I agree w that. Also like your Orwellian Quote. :-)

Old 07-05-2015, 06:02 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
That would be the US train of thought. The EU train of thought is to give in to their "requests" and send them Billions of Euros in payoffs and business so issues do not come to their shores. The EU is well known for looking the other way when issues arise that come into their range of sight and thus do their best to stick it back in its blind spot.
That worked real well for France with Charlie Hebdo and HyperKosher Market, and for Denmark with the attack on the synagogue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events