Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 08:21 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,963,514 times

Advertisements

Video shows FSU QB De'Andre Johnson punching woman - CNN.com

If you're a FSU fan, you've got to be thinking "here we go again" - another black QB attacking (or being accused) a white girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 08:59 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,712,412 times
Not that this makes what he did right, but she did hit him first.....

Women need to learn that if u hit somebody.... u could potentially be hit back.
Again, not saying what he did was right, but he was provoked.... the girl clearly hit him in the face first.

Not for nothing, but....karma is a bizzatch

Old 07-07-2015, 09:03 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,184,455 times
STUPID.

Hope it was worth your scholarship.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:08 AM

613 posts, read 464,794 times
Hope this isn't turned into one of those threads.

Still, no matter what she did, he was dead wrong for that. Men should never hit women, imo.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:13 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,065,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Not that this makes what he did right, but she did hit him first.....

Women need to learn that if u hit somebody.... u could potentially be hit back.
Again, not saying what he did was right, but he was provoked.... the girl clearly hit him in the face first.

Not for nothing, but....karma is a bizzatch

You're 100% correct but prepare to be flamed for what you posted as I probably will:

The whole "never hit a girl/woman" thing was predicated on treating a female right and a man not using his physical power to dominate a woman in anger or outburst.....but this assumed the woman would not be the aggressor or initiator of a physical assault , act.......simply put, for a man no to slap or hit a woman to shut her up or because he was pissed off during an argument or squabble, etc..

Somehow it has become bastardized that now women can act any way the want and strike out with no consequence or expectation of being hit back by a man who is defending himself.....apparently a man is just supposed to sit there like a whipped dog and not respond or react to someone beating on it.......equality huh??

My rule for anyone.....your freedom to express your anger or rage ends where my nose begins.....you want to yell and scream or tell me off...whatevs, but if anyone attempts to hit me or do me harm I'm going to respond likewise and protect myself.

EDIT to include above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Hope this isn't turned into one of those threads.

Still, no matter what she did, he was dead wrong for that. Men should never hit women, imo.
Saw this after I posted....exactly the mentality that has been attempted to be instilled in everyone (and apparently has been in you) to allow women to get away with inappropriate, criminal like behavior that would never be acceptable for a man. Your apologist view and the "no matter what she did" (REALLY?) shows that you have be brainwashed and trained to excuse & accept violent & despicable behavior by a female under the "Men should never hit women" delusional dictum.

Last edited by luckyram; 07-07-2015 at 09:23 AM..

Old 07-07-2015, 09:14 AM

50,979 posts, read 36,672,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Video shows FSU QB De'Andre Johnson punching woman - CNN.com

If you're a FSU fan, you've got to be thinking "here we go again" - another black QB attacking (or being accused) a white girl.
She's the one who attacked him.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:14 AM

22,940 posts, read 28,331,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Yup.

Guys, if a woman hits you, turn around and walk away. Be a man. If you hit her back, you just became an ******* in need of a good beating.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:19 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,712,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
You're 100% correct but prepare to be flamed for what you posted as I probably will:

The whole "never hit a girl/woman" thing was predicated on treating a female right and a man not using his physical power to dominate a woman in anger or outburst.....but this assumed the woman would not be the aggressor or initiator of a physical assault , act.......simply put, for a man no to slap or hit a woman to shut her up or because he was pissed off during an argument or squabble, etc..

Somehow it has become bastardized that now women can act any way the want and strike out with no consequence or expectation of being hit back by a man who is defending himself.....apparently a man is just supposed to sit there like a whipped dog and not respond or react to someone beating on it.......equality huh??

My rule for anyone.....your freedom to express your anger or rage ends where my nose begins.....you want to yell and scream or tell me off...whatevs, but if anyone attempts to hit me or do me harm I'm going to respond likewise and protect myself.
I completely agree with you on this.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:21 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,030,993 times
Should we be asking why a 19yo was in a bar? Was he drinking?

Old 07-07-2015, 09:27 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,653,567 times
Since none of us were there, we don't know what happened. She looks pretty upset in the photos I saw, so it's possible he wasn't just trying to belly up to the bar.

Having said that, anyone who thinks a punch from a woman warrants a return punch from a man, let alone a conditioned, strong, football player, is twisted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events