Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 10:57 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,052,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Now let's talk about the Portugal economy
13.7 unemployment rate as of the first quarter of this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 11:02 AM

50,883 posts, read 36,586,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What did it used to be? You stat is only relevant in terms of showing a relationship between the unemployment rate and the legalization of drugs, I'm not sure what your point is in posting it without the context that info would give?

Old 07-14-2015, 11:33 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,910,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What did it used to be? You stat is only relevant in terms of showing a relationship between the unemployment rate and the legalization of drugs, I'm not sure what your point is in posting it without the context that info would give?

The point is to stop the momentum of the discussion.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:44 PM

6,398 posts, read 6,288,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
DARE may not have worked for kids, but I have a much cheaper solution. Every kid in school should watch Requiem for a Dream. That movie freaked me out! I was never even tempted to approach crack. Weed, sure, but not the hard stuff.
The couple in that movie was "mainly" using heroin.

Which is almost the exact opposite of crack.

Which is why DARE didn't work. It scared them instead of educating them. When you teach and/or imply stuff like "ALL drugs will kill you" and then a kid smokes weed and s/he enjoys it, doesn't die, has no hangover, is not instantly addicted, etc, DARE just lost its entire credibility to that kid.

As it should because it was propaganda not facts.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:47 PM

6,398 posts, read 6,288,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
[/b]

The point is to stop the momentum of the discussion.
Some cannot handle the truth. Stuck in some scary DARE time- warp.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:42 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,485,150 times
I've been working in the narcotic control business for 30 years. I say decriminalize it all. If you're dumb enough to kill yourself w dope, well it's cheaper to bury you than incarcerate you.

El Chapo = Goldstein 2015

Old 07-14-2015, 01:43 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,060,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
If your doctor really was remiss, why did you not ask him for more information? Also, you have access to a computer, try Google and you will find plenty of info.
Already done...however, I have the access to the internet, and I work with nurses. However, not everyone has access to the internet. I think patient education is, extremely, important in many ways: to prevent re-admissions, trips to the emergency room, spread of infection, follow up treatment etc.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:48 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,060,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Not one person is arguing that hard drugs aren't extremely harmful. The argument is, do we keep pouring billions of dollars into jailing people for it, which does nothing to stop it, or do we legalize and tax it and use the resources for treatment. The argument is, basically, should drug use and abuse be the domain if the justice system, or the health care system? Those of us for legalization feel it should be the latter.
Principles of Harm Reduction - Harm Reduction Coalition

Harm reduction. Instead of paying to house these people in jail why not practice harm reduction?? Police can dedicate more time to solving other more important cases.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:56 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,114,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Maybe you should move there if you think it is such a great policy. We have a heroin epidemic in this country of epic proportions. Hundreds of addicts are overdosing each week. Get a clue.
Their lives, their business.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:11 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,727,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What's your point? Can you make a connection between decriminalization of drugs and the high unemployment rate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events