U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2015, 09:44 PM
 
3,352 posts, read 2,253,403 times
Reputation: 2238

Advertisements

I am so glad.
They deserve what they got and their family needs to get real jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2015, 09:52 PM
 
Location: California
30,509 posts, read 33,322,731 times
Reputation: 25977
They have been on tv too long. It's skewed their sense of "reality" and ability to live a normal life and make a living off camera, without cashing in on whatever remnants of celebrity the can find. There is nothing GOOD about that and I can't understand why anyone would allow their family to sell themselves short like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2015, 09:55 PM
 
4,672 posts, read 2,292,116 times
Reputation: 6160
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
If you don't have indignation about a brother fondling his younger sisters than there seriously is no hope for you.

The poster you're responding to has an agenda, so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2015, 10:07 PM
 
3,352 posts, read 2,253,403 times
Reputation: 2238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
They have been on tv too long. It's skewed their sense of "reality" and ability to live a normal life and make a living off camera, without cashing in on whatever remnants of celebrity the can find. There is nothing GOOD about that and I can't understand why anyone would allow their family to sell themselves short like this.
They are very popular with the religion right and political active
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2015, 12:10 AM
 
Location: Washington state
5,350 posts, read 2,721,701 times
Reputation: 15997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post

Those marrying didn't kiss prior to their marriage ceremony. The engaged couples had side hugs so no "frontal" contact.
I honestly think they started the side hugs because of Josh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2015, 07:47 AM
 
9,186 posts, read 4,234,955 times
Reputation: 10988
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
PC police PC police, TLC shouldn't bow down before the liberal Nazis. This is all Obama's fault. Oh wait just another private company doing what it deems best for its shareholders, moving along.
I have never watched the show, and only became aware of it because of the allegations here on CD.

That said, trying to diminish the mere thought that PC police exist, and the snide implication those who point it out are somehow just reactionaries is mistaken. I am not sure how PC would play into this threads theme, but rest assured there are thousands of examples of real life PC in this country. Everything from stripping a persons name from an award for having created something that does not fit into the modern PC lens perspective, to the renaming of a fish because it might be considered offensive to some people.

As to discussion on this shows merits or lack thereof, carry on.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2015, 07:49 AM
gg
 
Location: Pittsburgh
17,861 posts, read 18,163,351 times
Reputation: 11374
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Meh. There are a hundred worse "reality" shows.
Was there ever a good reality show? I really feel bad for people that watch any of that stuff. Just wow! Go outside and enjoy your life a little for goodness sake!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2015, 08:49 AM
 
2,620 posts, read 2,508,021 times
Reputation: 7207
Who needs the Duggars when FX already brought us American Horror Story: Freak Show. The acting was way better, and the characters were way less creepy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2015, 04:16 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,114,710 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I have never watched the show, and only became aware of it because of the allegations here on CD.

That said, trying to diminish the mere thought that PC police exist, and the snide implication those who point it out are somehow just reactionaries is mistaken. I am not sure how PC would play into this threads theme, but rest assured there are thousands of examples of real life PC in this country. Everything from stripping a persons name from an award for having created something that does not fit into the modern PC lens perspective, to the renaming of a fish because it might be considered offensive to some people.

As to discussion on this shows merits or lack thereof, carry on.

`
I don't know that this former show's contents can really help others, except perhaps make more arare, who weren't previously, of Bill Gothard ' s teachings and ideas of how to raise and educate children, let alone his thoughts of having more children so the oldest ones (teens) raise the younger ones has been one of a few of the ideologies these parents followed for Home Education and in life, may be useful. Apparently, while more concentrated in some states, there are followers of the Quiverfull Movement in all U.S. States and places in the U.K. and other English-speaking countries.

Had TLC focused on what the Quiverfull Movement and the home schooling teach, that may have been something useful the channel could do. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiverfull


I don't understand how come TLC doesn't teach useful information. For example, present different ways to accommodate homes for disabled youth and adults, or how to build a park or backyard that is full of Accessible playground equipment. That's just one example where parents and educators could learn useful information. There is so much to learn, this channel could teach some of the things not offered elsewhere.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2015, 04:22 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,114,710 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Was there ever a good reality show? I really feel bad for people that watch any of that stuff. Just wow! Go outside and enjoy your life a little for goodness sake!
Good post, gg,. Some people have physical or other issues that don't allow them to go out and live their lives as they would like to do. TLC could be a huge factor for those restricted by TEACHING or showing classic performances and more and teaching why certain movies or paintings are classic.

How about a show that visits art museums and teaches what is valuable about art or dance, music etc.? I have expectations the Learning Channel could enrich lives through teaching useful information.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:11 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top