Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 08:13 PM

610 posts, read 698,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Bad things happen when you have a murderer in the house. Besides, officers claim it was an accident caused by the grandmother grabbing the officer's gun.

I don't know what the truth is as I wasn't there but you are really claiming the cop busted in, saw Aiyana and said yea... a little girl... I'm gonna kill her now!?

Really?!

I'll tell you what probably happened... a cop hyped up on adrenaline during a high stress situation involving a dangerous murder suspect was too quick on the trigger and shot before identifying his target.

I wonder how you would fare in the cops shoes? Anyway the cop paid dearly for his mistake and will never wear a badge again... and rightfully so. Anybody who is anything less than a superman shouldn't be a cop... kinda leaves the country shorthanded though.
Oh, okay. Let's debunk your government-goon apologia one sentence at a time, shall we?

"Bad things happen when you have a murderer in the house."

So, because someone in your family is guilty, then everyone can be punished? There was a country that did this once. It was the USSR. I thought this was America.

"Are you really claiming that the cop saw Aiyana and said yeah, a little girl, I'm going to kill her now?"

Yes.

"Really?"

Yes.

"I'll tell you what probably happened... a cop hyped up on adrenaline during a high stress situation involving a dangerous murder suspect was too quick on the trigger and shot before identifying his target."

Aren't they super-ultra-specially-trained badasses in all their SWAT gear? Are you actually suggesting that police training is so pitiful and ill-suited to equip police for real-life situations that they don't learn to distinguish between a 7 year old girl and a 34 year old man?

"I wonder how you would fare in the cops shoes?"

I would have made the correct moral decision and prepared for a raid on a house KNOWING there were children inside, which they did:

Lessons from the Death of Aiyana Stanley-Jones - Reason.com

"Anyway the cop paid dearly for his mistake and will never wear a badge again... and rightfully so."

Yes, a 7 year old is dead and the guy who got fired is the one who "paid dearly"... Why don't you jam the government's **** further down your throat, you servile lover of unearned authority?

"Anybody who is anything less than a superman shouldn't be a cop... kinda leaves the country shorthanded though."

No. Anyone who can't tell the difference between a 7 year old girl and a 34 year old man should not be a cop.

Go ahead, forum police, ban me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 08:16 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
^ Your agenda is showing, smart one.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:19 PM

610 posts, read 698,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
^ Your agenda is showing, smart one.
So is your lack of critical thinking ability.

"Oh, jackbooted government thugs, kill us at your will! Fox News and MSNBC and Newsmax and CNN and CBS swear you're keeping us safe and free, so you must be! The government would never lie to us!" - JerseyGirl415

Old 07-30-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
So is your lack of critical thinking ability.

"Oh, jackbooted government thugs, kill us at your will! Fox News and MSNBC and Newsmax and CNN and CBS swear you're keeping us safe and free, so you must be! The government would never lie to us!" - JerseyGirl415
Uh huh.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:06 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
"Are you really claiming that the cop saw Aiyana and said yeah, a little girl, I'm going to kill her now?"

Yes.

"Really?"

Yes.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:25 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
How are you getting that? It says 37.7%.
Spilt the unknown evenly among the other categories.
It actually is about 51% of homicides are committed by 13% of the population.
Even if we used your numbers, it is quite disproportionate, don't you think?

Last edited by Orlandochuck1; 07-31-2015 at 09:34 AM..

Old 07-31-2015, 01:30 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
You and I have no idea what it is like to deal daily with the dregs of society: the drunk, the armed, the violent, the cop killer.

The police have my respect and support, not criminals. And believe me, I have and always will do what they say when they say it and respectful at all times to an officer of the law.
balls.

without wishing to disclose too much, I have enough background to call balls .

most cops are good people, perhaps distorted by the work a little. But the unstable ones and the bad ones, do exist, they are usually known in their stations. And nobody does a damn thing to keep them off the streets and out of harms way.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:52 PM

13,252 posts, read 7,304,105 times
Police departments are like any organization going to have some who have a criminal mind ones that can't resist the temptation to use their power over others. The use of body cameras, and car camera's are going to change things. I just had a discussion with a co-worker who used to be a police officer left the force 15 years ago. He was telling me how he never witnessed another officer use excessive force, but he did see one time where a drunk tried to walk away from an officer bumping shoulders and they charged him with assault on a police officer that is a serious charge in my state. That was something he said he did see when anyone ever resisted they got charged with that. A person who has money and can hire a good attorney probably can get out of that charge but someone who is poor would end up not so lucky.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:45 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Spilt the unknown evenly among the other categories.
It actually is about 51% of homicides are committed by 13% of the population.
Even if we used your numbers, it is quite disproportionate, don't you think?

I hope that everyone is also smart enough to realize that " A Minority Within A Minority " of African American are committing all of these Murders in the USA the MAJORITY of African American don't have anything to do with it YET some of you BRAND All African American With This Stigma Don't You?????????????????????

Old 07-31-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I hope that everyone is also smart enough to realize that " A Minority Within A Minority " of African American are committing all of these Murders in the USA the MAJORITY of African American don't have anything to do with it YET some of you BRAND All African American With This Stigma Don't You?????????????????????
Of course but regardless, a very small number of the population is responsible for over half the violent crimes. It's a shocking stat, whether it's the whole 13% or 1% of the 13%. It's bad either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events