Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 10:19 AM

920 posts, read 931,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Please, invest in a decent vaporizer. Google "Magic Flight Launch Box" for a FAR better alternative than the can method.

I hope the best for your son.
Thank you

If he continues to take it another week, I will seriously consider that. The can works pretty well though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Good points. I definitely agree with your last paragraph! Cannabis is nowhere near as dangerous as the hardcore big pharma drugs.
Yes and I KNEW this yet sent him to a psychiatrist for those hardcore chemical drugs
Because despite knowing and experiencing the truth in high school smoking it, I was a sheep.

It shocks me that people are actually afraid of a plant but are willing to put dangerous chemicals into their system instead via Big Pharma.
I was one of them

Old 07-28-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I read it just fine. She blamed this boy's death on legalized marijuana and implied those of us against prohibition don't give a crap about kids or their families. That is BS, as none of us believe it should be legal for minors. As it is, it is currently easier for most kids to get than alcohol in states where it is NOT legal, so that is a BS argument IMO.

This line however certainly sounds like she thinks medical use is BS, otherwise, why put it in quotes? 'That's why they promote pot by calling it "medical marijuana".'
Alright I take that back now that i have read it a few times. I think she is just terribly upset from loosing her son. And from someone who was staunchly against it, maybe I kept my biases in reading it.

As for it becoming legal, I am for that but wasn't just a few years ago. And I am for children using it as medicine if it is for something very serious such as seizures or cancer. It's just so much safer

Old 07-28-2015, 10:39 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
Yes and I KNEW this yet sent him to a psychiatrist for those hardcore chemical drugs
Because despite knowing and experiencing the truth in high school smoking it, I was a sheep.

It shocks me that people are actually afraid of a plant but are willing to put dangerous chemicals into their system instead via Big Pharma.
I was one of them
I would NEVER take a pill for anxiety, but that's just me. For some, it's beneficial, but I hate taking any medication unless I absolutely need it. Hell, on the rare occasion that I get a headache, I will take ONE Advil (where directions usually call for one or two), and then there are folks that pop 3 to 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
Alright I take that back now that i have read it a few times. I think she is just terribly upset from loosing her son. And from someone who was staunchly against it, maybe I kept my biases in reading it.

As for it becoming legal, I am for that but wasn't just a few years ago. And I am for children using it as medicine if it is for something very serious such as seizures or cancer. It's just so much safer

I don't advocate giving it to minors, and for the most part recreationally it should be treated like alcohol with age restrictions. However; there are always exception! If my son had a crippling disease that cannabis would help with substantially, I wouldn't hesitate to give it to him, if it means improving his quality of life as well as potentially saving it! And I won't hesitate to sit in a jail cell over it, because that is my kid, and I will do what is best for him, so those that make silly laws such as those surrounding cannabis can go to hell! I also have a neighbor who has a son that is now in his mid to late 20s. When he was a teenager he got lymphoma, and used cannabis to fight the negative side effects from the chemo, and other nasty drugs. To this day he is in great shape, and still cancer free. I sum it up to this. Cancer drugs tend to cause nausea, while cannabis causes the munchies. Well, if those drugs are wreaking havoc on your body while trying to fight the cancer, then getting the munchies via cannabis can only be a good thing, right? Munchies, means more food intake, which also means more nutrients, which makes for improving the immune system. It ain't rocket science! Yeah I know, some will say "they make steroids for that!" Why, when there is a natural, and much more benign solution?

At any rate, hopefully in the next 5 years prohibition throughout this land will have died a long deserved death, and we don't have to worry about our livelihoods being destroyed for consuming or possessing a plant! I mean, isn't 70 plus years of a failed policy enough?

Old 07-28-2015, 01:38 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,878,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
If a building is on fire, they say to stop drop and roll so you might not die of smoke inhalation.
I have to say this made me laugh out loud. If YOU are on fire you stop, drop and roll to put the fire out that is on you. Rolling around on the floor does nothing for smoke inhalation.

To the topic... there is always going to be some tragedy occurring somewhere at any given moment. Taking something that alters your cognition/mood/mental state probably increases the likelihood. However, a statistical pool of 1 is hardly anything to get riled up about.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:46 PM

335 posts, read 376,528 times
So pot kills 1 this year

Alcohol kills more than both legal and illegal drugs combined. Along with all gun violence victims added as well.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:48 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
I have to say this made me laugh out loud. If YOU are on fire you stop, drop and roll to put the fire out that is on you. Rolling around on the floor does nothing for smoke inhalation.

To the topic... there is always going to be some tragedy occurring somewhere at any given moment. Taking something that alters your cognition/mood/mental state probably increases the likelihood. However, a statistical pool of 1 is hardly anything to get riled up about.
You're right, but you are supposed to stay as low as possible to avoid breathing the smoke. That is probably the part that OP got confused about.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:50 PM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Hmm.

I knew someone who would get fully buzzed after drinking a single bottle of Mike's Hard Lemonade and I'm know guys who could shoot whiskey w/o little obvious effect. I've heard of people who get jittery and anxious after drinking espresso and people who are fine after 3 bottles of Redbull.

My point being, pot, like booze, caffeine, and all other drugs affect different people in different ways. What may cause one person to get a good, light buzz may send another person reeling into insanity. YMMV.
I edited out the part I didn't agree with, as the message should be not to do any mind altering drugs.
However the rest of your post I agree with as it is fairly accurate.
The pot heads wish to create this image of the harmless hippie getting high, having the munchies, then going to sleep.
In reality, some people will get like that, and others will become psychotic. The guy who tried to eat the guys face in Miami was initially said to have taken bath salts, but all they found in his system was THC.

Pot may not be as bad as some other dope, but it is hardly harmless. Some people will drive high and kill themselves or others. Some will get addicted and ruin their lives. Still others will have negative health effects from it.

`

Old 07-28-2015, 01:57 PM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdoo View Post
So pot kills 1 this year

Alcohol kills more than both legal and illegal drugs combined. Along with all gun violence victims added as well.
Ah, there we go, the typical doper excuses. Never judge it based on it's own merits and ills, compare it to other things to try and justify the ills effects. Play up it's positives and downplay or claim it has no ills. Pot is one of the biggest ambition killers out there with untold billions of dollars lost to lack of productivity. More than one workplace injury or road fatality has been attributed to pot, but why discuss that when you can try to deflect it with stories of more people being killed in swimming pool drowning's.

As an FYI, your gun rubbish also applies to the drug trade, and many of these psychotic killers seem to have dope in their systems.

`

Old 07-28-2015, 02:03 PM

424 posts, read 381,601 times
Darwin award anybody?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events