Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2015, 01:24 PM

4,868 posts, read 6,929,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You are part of the talented tenth, I agree. I also believe that there are more Black people who are decent and hardworking, than those who are like "L'il Ray Ray".

One unfortunate reality is this. Whenever something like World Star Hip Hop exists, all it does it put negative stuff out there. People like you are me aren't trying to get on World Star Hip Hop. It is the hood rat types who want all of that attention, and they get it. People like us, the decent within the Black population, won't get as much attention. Of course Denzel Washington and Dr. Ben Carson are going to get attention. They're famous. People like us won't .

I'm tired of the hood rats too. Unfortunately, bad news sells. Black people acting like fools sells. It also fulfills what many people(not all, not even a majority) feel about Blacks in general.

One way would involve establishing a news network.
Frankly, I feel sorry for you and jotucker99. Due to the out of control media that just can't wait to sensationalize every move that the black low life's make, it automatically reflects badly on you and other decent people.

Until the black people can find another centerpiece to rally behind such as Dr. Martin Luther King instead of the race baiters like Al Sharpton, Eric Holder, and yes, Barack Obama, your attempt to improve perceptions will be next to impossible.

More and more I'm leaning towards Dr. Ben Carson as my man for President. A thinking, caring person who appears to have more common sense than all the other candidates from either party. I believe he might be the person to help bring this country together and undo the damage done by the Obama administration. The biggest legacy of Obama's administration, other than his constant foreign policy blunders, I believe is how he's set back race relations to where it was at just after the 1960's. The Great Divider.

The little Ray Ray's, Tyquesha's and their ilk won't be very happy with Carson as he isn't the kind to buy into what they now think the black lifestyle/movement should be.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:07 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
obey the law....stay out of trouble....is that to much to ask?
Not at all, but I'm afraid some blacks will be killed even when not breaking any laws and for being black.

Look I think when stopped by police we should follow instructions and not escalate on our part. So I am not bashing police, most of whom are brave, great people.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:24 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Frankly, I feel sorry for you and jotucker99. Due to the out of control media that just can't wait to sensationalize every move that the black low life's make, it automatically reflects badly on you and other decent people.

Until the black people can find another centerpiece to rally behind such as Dr. Martin Luther King instead of the race baiters like Al Sharpton, Eric Holder, and yes, Barack Obama, your attempt to improve perceptions will be next to impossible.

More and more I'm leaning towards Dr. Ben Carson as my man for President. A thinking, caring person who appears to have more common sense than all the other candidates from either party. I believe he might be the person to help bring this country together and undo the damage done by the Obama administration. The biggest legacy of Obama's administration, other than his constant foreign policy blunders, I believe is how he's set back race relations to where it was at just after the 1960's. The Great Divider.

The little Ray Ray's, Tyquesha's and their ilk won't be very happy with Carson as he isn't the kind to buy into what they now think the black lifestyle/movement should be.
I can't speak for Joe, GM, or any other Black person, but I think instead of focusing on perceptions we should focus on solving the actual issues in our communities. Quite frankly I'd rather focus on things that hurt (Nostly Black and Hispanic) Americans such as gang violence/ violence in general, poverty stricken neighborhoods, lack of education, the way police treat minorities in comparison to the majority, amongst other negative things. What White people (as a whole) doesn't matter unless they're in a position to impact your life.

IMHO perception is just that, perception. We aren't going to change the way the few bigoted folks think about us, (nor should we care) fixing our communities should be a priority.

I don't have the answers, but I'm willing to help at the very least and I think engaging in (respectful) discussions are a start.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:38 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,758 times
I feel bad for the black people that have busted their butts and did have good parents or a good single Mom that busted her butt to give her child a better life. I know there's a difference because I've lived in not so good communities and have had black friends throughout my life. I know the good people get pulled over because they're black and I had a friend that it happened to all the time because he drove a nice sports car.

I'm white, but I have empathy and always have for the decent black people that have to take abuse because of the color of your skin. I don't have a clue as to what you go through. I can't imagine the abuse you take from the trash mentality.

I was called a racist at work from a girl many years ago because I said the N word. I'm not proud of it and I own up to it. She was a white suburbanite that had gone to school with only one black person all of her life. I tried to explain to her the difference because I had lived through the riots in the 70's and was hated because I was white by blacks I had gone to school with all my life. Not all, I had two friends that didn't play into that mentality.

I use the term trash for any person that uses an excuse to stay on welfare, not try to give their kids better than what they were given, doesn't hold themselves accountable for bad actions or behaviors, throws their kids to the streets to be raised and blames society for keeping them stuck. There's a ton of white people that fit into those categories and always have been.

I applaud any decent black person or AA that has had to deal with all the crap you've been put through.

I agree with ^^^ that the help has to come from good black role models, such as the good black posters here.

I don't lump all black people into one group just as I don't whites.

I've had black friends, went out with or had them to my house for dinner or just to hang out. I've gone to their houses.

I walked away from a situation last week that could have turned ugly because I was white. Had I engaged in the loud conversation aimed at me by trash, I'd have probably ended up being stabbed or worse. I'm 58, I shouldn't have to deal with this crap.

I've been scared all of my life because of the gang mentality and quit shopping certain places or driving certain routes because of the quality of people there. I'm sure you have had to do similar things because of it.

The white middle class has changed and I hope for the better. I know white people are scared of the gangsta or loud mouth trash.

I am prejudiced to the gang mentality. I am not prejudiced against any race that makes something of their lives.

So, I guess I'm asking if I am racist? A friend told me I'm a classist.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:10 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1957 View Post
I feel bad for the black people that have busted their butts and did have good parents or a good single Mom that busted her butt to give her child a better life. I know there's a difference because I've lived in not so good communities and have had black friends throughout my life. I know the good people get pulled over because they're black and I had a friend that it happened to all the time because he drove a nice sports car.

I'm white, but I have empathy and always have for the decent black people that have to take abuse because of the color of your skin. I don't have a clue as to what you go through. I can't imagine the abuse you take from the trash mentality.

I was called a racist at work from a girl many years ago because I said the N word. I'm not proud of it and I own up to it. She was a white suburbanite that had gone to school with only one black person all of her life. I tried to explain to her the difference because I had lived through the riots in the 70's and was hated because I was white by blacks I had gone to school with all my life. Not all, I had two friends that didn't play into that mentality.

I use the term trash for any person that uses an excuse to stay on welfare, not try to give their kids better than what they were given, doesn't hold themselves accountable for bad actions or behaviors, throws their kids to the streets to be raised and blames society for keeping them stuck. There's a ton of white people that fit into those categories and always have been.

I applaud any decent black person or AA that has had to deal with all the crap you've been put through.

I agree with ^^^ that the help has to come from good black role models, such as the good black posters here.

I don't lump all black people into one group just as I don't whites.

I've had black friends, went out with or had them to my house for dinner or just to hang out. I've gone to their houses.

I walked away from a situation last week that could have turned ugly because I was white. Had I engaged in the loud conversation aimed at me by trash, I'd have probably ended up being stabbed or worse. I'm 58, I shouldn't have to deal with this crap.

I've been scared all of my life because of the gang mentality and quit shopping certain places or driving certain routes because of the quality of people there. I'm sure you have had to do similar things because of it.

The white middle class has changed and I hope for the better. I know white people are scared of the gangsta or loud mouth trash.

I am prejudiced to the gang mentality. I am not prejudiced against any race that makes something of their lives.

So, I guess I'm asking if I am racist? A friend told me I'm a classist.
Our you can have my view on things and just say that you're "anti low-life" regardless of what color or race the person is.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:56 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
I can't speak for Joe, GM, or any other Black person, but I think instead of focusing on perceptions we should focus on solving the actual issues in our communities. Quite frankly I'd rather focus on things that hurt (Nostly Black and Hispanic) Americans such as gang violence/ violence in general, poverty stricken neighborhoods, lack of education, the way police treat minorities in comparison to the majority, amongst other negative things. What White people (as a whole) doesn't matter unless they're in a position to impact your life.

IMHO perception is just that, perception. We aren't going to change the way the few bigoted folks think about us, (nor should we care) fixing our communities should be a priority.

I don't have the answers, but I'm willing to help at the very least and I think engaging in (respectful) discussions are a start.
I agree. I could care less about media perception and the people that judge me based on the actions of others. They don't concern me. They shouldn't. I'm grown. I give no f*** what anyone thinks about me other than those that matter to me. In other words I do not care if society chooses to use Ray Ray and keisha to misrepresent black folks like me. I know me and I don't need the validation from others(esp. Bigoted whites) in order to feel better about myself. I let my actions do the talking and if someone still chooses to judge me unfairly they can kick rocks. I don't care. It fascinates me that there are adults that still let others influence how they see themselves. That these same folks hate others for choosing to live completely different lives, because they have completely different values. I don't judge Ray Ray or tyqisha because they are not me and to judge them would essentially be a large projection on my part "he should be like me" or "he's so ghetto and I'm not and he disgusts me"-all of this goes back to me. That is what projection is. That is what I think about when I read posts from people that cast judgement like that. I think to myself "they are projecting-they are project their values, ideas, etc onto others".

Instead of casting negative judgements on those very different from myself, and/or hating these people and wanting to change the way bigoted people see me as a black person I'm more interested in helping build back up the communitY so that the people living in these communities can live the lifes they want, even if the lives they want are much different from my own.

http://www.amazon.com/Literacy-Attit.../dp/1438428065

Teach them to engage in critical thinking, to be more literate-and give them the tools and the power to challenge the problems in the community so that they can protect their self interest. Teach them the power of beliefs and the ability to change their beliefs, and their thoughts and decisions so that they can manifest the lives that they want.

But judge them?

Wish them dead? Think it's okay when they get killed by officers without the dignity of a trial, think that they are venom simply because some are on welfare or have multiple baby mamas? Well that's not me.

I don't allow anyone to define my blackness or to define me. I am me and that's all I will ever be. I don't try to pretend to be something I am not. I don't care if I don't meet another persons expectations.

I grew up an in upper middle class background and in high school there were girls that moved to my district from the straight up projects that I was friends with. Girls that wore scarfs around their head, slippers on their feet, fought a lot, and smoked. I was also friends with girls that grew up just like me-with the same socioeconomic status. I acted exactly the same with all my friends. Yes they joked that I was like a white girl but they never rejected me or made me feel some type of way about who I was. And it was likewise. I accepted them as well. In college and after college-this is still the case. I can get along with Ray Ray the same way I get along with others. They do not disgust me. They have little impact on my life.

We are all human beings and we each go through our own experiences in life to grow as people. When we pass away is it going to matter that we weren't like Ray Ray? Is Ray Ray even going to be a factor in my mind? Has he hurt me or harmed me? Beyond being different-no he has not.

I never get hate from Ray Ray or from Becky because I accept both of them as human beings and as people. Now if Ray Ray does something I dislike, because of how I was raised I might question him about it and push him to try to be better, but I will not hate him. Perhaps that is just the way I am wired but I've never understood the anger and hatred people have for those that are from different backgrounds.

I would love to see more blacks people progress-no matter how different they might be from me.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:00 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I agree. I could care less about media perception and the people that judge me based on the actions of others. They don't concern me. They shouldn't. I'm grown. I give no f*** what anyone thinks about me other than those that matter to me. In other words I do not care if society chooses to use Ray Ray and keisha to misrepresent black folks like me. I know me and I don't need the validation from others(esp. Bigoted whites) in order to feel better about myself. I let my actions do the talking and if someone still chooses to judge me unfairly they can kick rocks. I don't care. It fascinates me that there are adults that still let others influence how they see themselves. That these same folks hate others for choosing to live completely different lives, because they have completely different values. I don't judge Ray Ray or tyqisha because they are not me and to judge them would essentially be a large projection on my part "he should be like me" or "he's so ghetto and I'm not and he disgusts me"-all of this goes back to me. That is what projection is. That is what I think about when I read posts from people that cast judgement like that. I think to myself "they are projecting-they are project their values, ideas, etc onto others".

Instead of casting negative judgements on those very different from myself, and/or hating these people and wanting to change the way bigoted people see me as a black person I'm more interested in helping build back up the communitY so that the people living in these communities can live the lifes they want, even if the lives they want are much different from my own.

http://www.amazon.com/Literacy-Attit.../dp/1438428065

Teach them to engage in critical thinking, to be more literate-and give them the tools and the power to challenge the problems in the community so that they can protect their self interest. Teach them the power of beliefs and the ability to change their beliefs, and their thoughts and decisions so that they can manifest the lives that they want.

But judge them?

Wish them dead? Think it's okay when they get killed by officers without the dignity of a trial, think that they are venom simply because some are on welfare or have multiple baby mamas? Well that's not me.

I don't allow anyone to define my blackness or to define me. I am me and that's all I will ever be. I don't try to pretend to be something I am not. I don't care if I don't meet another persons expectations.

I grew up an in upper middle class background and in high school there were girls that moved to my district from the straight up projects that I was friends with. Girls that wore scarfs around their head, slippers on their feet, fought a lot, and smoked. I was also friends with girls that grew up just like me-with the same socioeconomic status. I acted exactly the same with all my friends. Yes they joked that I was like a white girl but they never rejected me or made me feel some type of way about who I was. And it was likewise. I accepted them as well. In college and after college-this is still the case. I can get along with Ray Ray the same way I get along with others. They do not disgust me. They have little impact on my life.

We are all human beings and we each go through our own experiences in life to grow as people. When we pass away is it going to matter that we weren't like Ray Ray? Is Ray Ray even going to be a factor in my mind? Has he hurt me or harmed me? Beyond being different-no he has not.

I never get hate from Ray Ray or from Becky because I accept both of them as human beings and as people. Now if Ray Ray does something I dislike, because of how I was raised I might question him about it and push him to try to be better, but I will not hate him. Perhaps that is just the way I am wired but I've never understood the anger and hatred people have for those that are from different backgrounds.

I would love to see more blacks people progress-no matter how different they might be from me.

If only I could REP you One Thousands Times............

Old 08-28-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
There have, over the years, been poor Jews. Did they riot?

Yes all Jews Rioted in Israel during the Roman Oppression , that is until 2,000 years ago after the death of JESUS , the Roman leveled Jerusalem to the ground and took all JEWS to Europe as slaves....

Old 08-28-2015, 04:42 PM

Default Do 15 to 25 Years In Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhead View Post
LiveLeak.com - Worthless thugs beat an old man

Many of you may not have seen this video of the "victim" Michael brown of ferguson,st Louis "fame" showing his true colours.Now I know this a Baltimore forum but I think I could have inserted this in many usa cities forums as there seems to be threads about the problems that America faces regarding the false reporting by the media and certain persons in(insert a city) gushing about the "innocence" and being a "nice boy" when in reality they are thugs pure and simple.Kudos to the black posters who want nothing to do with people like brown and deserve to enjoy their lives to the full.And they ain't no "uncle tom's" just people trying to do their best to be decent human beings.

The Thugs ( BOYS ) attacking this old African American MAN should do at the very least 15 to 25 years in State Prison......

Without living under the punishment of being gunned down in the streets like dogs.

See the video above.............

Old 08-29-2015, 08:36 PM

35,073 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Yes all Jews Rioted in Israel during the Roman Oppression , that is until 2,000 years ago after the death of JESUS , the Roman leveled Jerusalem to the ground and took all JEWS to Europe as slaves....
I think you know that I mean modern times. There is a difference between a war and a riot as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events