Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 12:53 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
They are homeschooled by their mother or older siblings and forbidden to attend college. None of them have any specialized training or skills in trades and don't have the physicality or attitude to perform unskilled manual labor jobs. What type of employer is looking for barely literate religious nuts with no real skills accustomed to wealth, fame and a pampered lifestyle?
Nobody.

The boys are fit for manual labor or blue-collar work. The girls are fit to be stay-at-home moms. That's how their parents have trained and educated them. I feel bad for 18 out of 19 of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 12:55 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
No, you asked ME the question of whether further incidences had occurred. I stated that no one here could possibly know that, but if I had to GUESS my hunch would be yes. I was merely answering your question the best I could, which was, by my own admission nothing but a HUNCH. YOU are the one stating unequivocally, and I quote, "no reoccurrence of the behavior," which you cannot possibly state as authoritative FACT.

You don't have to agree with my HUNCH, but at least I didn't try to pass off my guess as fact.
The fact (not hope, not a 'hunch') that there is no evidence of a reoccurrence leads a reasonable person to believe the therapy was effective.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:58 PM

698 posts, read 587,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Nobody.

The boys are fit for manual labor or blue-collar work. The girls are fit to be stay-at-home moms. That's how their parents have trained and educated them. I feel bad for 18 out of 19 of them.
I don't think the boys are fit for manual labor at all. They all appear to be chubby with the skin tone of a vampire. I think the heaviest item they have lifted in their entire lives is probably a Bible. They wouldn't last one day on a jobsite.

All of them, male and female have been raised like breeding stock in a puppy mill.

Last edited by newtoks; 08-06-2015 at 01:08 PM..

Old 08-06-2015, 12:58 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
I don't think the boys are fit for manual labor at all. They all appear to be chubby with the complexion of a vampire. They wouldn't last one day on a jobsite.
They'd have to toughen up pretty fast then.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:59 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,988,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
The fact (not hope, not a 'hunch') that there is no evidence of a reoccurrence leads a reasonable person to believe the therapy was effective.
Just because there is no VISIBLE evidence, doesn't mean that there hasn't been a reoccurrence.

Let me ask you this. So, if a child molester who raped babies, was thrown in jail and while in jail 'found god', then got out and decided to live next to you, would you allow him to babysit your children alone?

Old 08-06-2015, 01:15 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Just because there is no VISIBLE evidence, doesn't mean that there hasn't been a reoccurrence.

Let me ask you this. So, if a child molester who raped babies, was thrown in jail and while in jail 'found god', then got out and decided to live next to you, would you allow him to babysit your children alone?
LOL so we go on INVISIBLE evidence, like hunches? Try that one in a court of law!

People only resort to farfetched hypotheticals when they know they're in the wrong. The Duggars are good people and are getting an unfair deal because of their beliefs. The therapy has worked, and until evidence (not hunches, not hope) comes out to the contrary, you will have to deal with it.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:15 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,187,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Just by the shear amount of them, they could all get fast food jobs and the total income would be pretty good.
That's it! Why didn't Jim-Bob ever buy a franchise? He has the perfect family for that.

If they couldn't or didn't save money at 25-40K an episode after all these years, I have no sympathy for them. Oh, wait, I don't have any anyway.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:16 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,055,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Maybe TLC should get back to the mission of learning, and dump off all these BS reality tv shows.
This. How much reality B.S shows, do we need??

Old 08-06-2015, 01:23 PM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Basically, mom and dad liked to sc***. I'd like to get paid for that. Oh, wait, I can.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:25 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,187,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Basically, mom and dad liked to sc***. I'd like to get paid for that. Oh, wait, I can.
Not as much as they got for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events