Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 02:27 PM

279 posts, read 361,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I can guarantee that was not a Southern woman.
Really - I'm in the South and I seen that woman (figuratively) before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 02:42 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,055,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-guy View Post
Really - I'm in the South and I seen that woman (figuratively) before.
I think the stereotypical Prima donna is universal. Most normal females dislike that type. There are Prima donna's who are adorable and charming; who can get away with it, but something like that thing is intolerable.

Last edited by FlowerPower00; 08-18-2015 at 03:00 PM..

Old 08-18-2015, 03:01 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Unbelievable how stupid some people are..Very scary

Old 08-18-2015, 03:07 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Somebody needs to tell this lady her dog is not a person. It belongs in a dog carrier.

Irate woman is kicked off plane for refusing to put her dog in pet carrier | Fox News

Someone doesn't know that the vast majority of dog owners are responsible, aware that their dogs are pets, not children, and adhere to travel rules.

In other words, get off it with your "another dog owner..." bias.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:09 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
What I can't understand is how she got through security, and through the airline gate with that dog.
What don't you understand? She paid to have the dog fly in the cabin with her. The dog was allowed through all the same areas people go through to get on the plane. She probably had the dog in its carrier as they were walking through the airport, so it wasn't a problem until they sat down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I was in Costco Sunday and this couple had their little pooch in their cart. (I didn't know Costco allowed it). So I'm stuck there behind this couple and all of these other goofballs who will stand in line and block the aisle so they can get their little piece of kibble (a piece of sausage in the little cup). As I stand there in frustration, I notice the quivering little dog starting to pee. Now there is a puddle on the floor and of course dog urine on parts of the cart.
Dogs that are not service animals are not allowed in places where there is food. A manager should have asked the couple to leave and come back when their dog was not with them.

We were out to eat the other week and a lady had her dog with her at the table next to us out on the patio. First the lady went and got a chair from another table, pulled it up to hers, and put the dog in the chair. She even had the dog's water bowl up on the table. Our server informed the woman that she wasn't allowed to have the dog up at the table, it had to remain on the ground. The lady then put the dog on the ground, and unclipped it from its leash while loudly explaining "Sorry you cant sit at the table, but at least you can go anywhere on the ground that you want to!" The manager then came over, asking her to leash the dog. The lady again goes on about how the dog wasn't allowed at the table, but she "was told it was to remain on the ground, and it is on the ground!" The manager asked her to leave if she wasn't going to keep her dog leashed and away from the other customers (by this point the dog had wandered off and was under another person's table).

Quote:
Question, what does the airline do when someone brings their mutt on-board and another person in that aisle is allergic to dogs?
Not much. The airline shouldn't be expected to magically know the allergies of everyone on board. If you are allergic enough to dogs that it would be an issue, then it is up to you to inform the airline. They would then be able to better accommodate your allergies. If you wait until you are already on the plane and someone slides their dog under the seat next to you, the best you can hope for is that someone will be nice enough to switch seats with you.

It costs money to bring a dog on an airplane ($125+ one way). Those bring on animals have to first contact the airline to make arrangements and find out what flights would be available to bring their pet on. Just as the airline asks guests not to bring on any peanut products if they know someone flying has a severe allergy, I would think they would also try to not book animals on a flight with someone who as a severe allergy to a certain animal. After all, the airline doesn't want to risk having to make an emergency landing in order for a passenger to seek medical treatment.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:15 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,376 times
Dat face though.

It looks like she trusted an ADD-addled 8 year old to come at her with a scalpel and Botox.

I do feel for her husband though, you can see him visibly slump, drooping his head down like "welp, here we go again." Clearly this is not an isolated incident, this man has perfected the art of making himself as small as possible in an attempt to simply vanish after yet another one of his wacky wife's public outbursts.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:19 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Someone doesn't know that the vast majority of dog owners are responsible, aware that their dogs are pets, not children, and adhere to travel rules.

In other words, get off it with your "another dog owner..." bias.
Just commenting on a lunatic dog owner. Not sure where I said that all dog owners were that way. Don't you find this person's behavior rediculous???

Last edited by budlight; 08-18-2015 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 08-18-2015, 05:19 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,618,816 times
Quote:
Question, what does the airline do when someone brings their mutt on-board and another person in that aisle is allergic to dogs?
They move one or the other to a different aisle.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:26 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,618,816 times
As someone who has worked for an airline for 10 years now, I can tell you stories like these are pretty common; only a handful make the news though. One of my favorite stories was a passenger who pre boarded, took down her tray table, did a few lines of coke, and when caught by a flight attendant, ran to the lav and flushed the drugs. Yeah, needless to day that flight took a significant delay as the police got involved.

Or the time a passenger stripped down butt naked in the gate area, wearing only a Native American headdress, and ran down the jetway before popping a squat and refusing to move.

People complain about the attitudes of customer service employees but don't realize the amount of self-entitled a**holes we have to deal with constantly. Constantly. Like this lady. Substitute her dog for luggage or a ticket exchange or a weather delayed flight and that's our whole day sometimes.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:54 PM

14,933 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
I was in Costco Sunday and this couple had their little pooch in their cart. (I didn't know Costco allowed it). So I'm stuck there behind this couple and all of these other goofballs who will stand in line and block the aisle so they can get their little piece of kibble (a piece of sausage in the little cup). As I stand there in frustration, I notice the quivering little dog starting to pee. Now there is a puddle on the floor and of course dog urine on parts of the cart.

I'm sick of this, "We should be able to take our dogs wherever we want" culture.

I'm guessing they must have claimed it was a service animal since I don't believe "regular" dogs are allowed.
I don't think the rules about bringing dogs into stores and other establishments has changed, it's more like that sense of entitlement and everyone else be damned mentality that lets people assume it's perfectly fine to bring their dogs into stores, restaurants and anywhere else is not challenged. Managers don't often say anything to those dog owners toting li'l "Phydeaux" around in a store, or in a restaurant-or huge "Bruise-ter" either, for that matter.And that sense of entitlement that allows folks to believe that their dog should be welcomed with open arms and a big ribbon-wrapped bone anywhere they take them is often accompanied by a sense of outrage that will be directed at anyone who takes exception to their pweshus pup in an establishment which traditionally has been off-limits to dogs with the exception of service dogs. And it just seems people don't want that kind of confrontation, so they don't say anything. And so the practice continues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events