Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 06:35 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,004,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
A lot of white people will call it a hate crime/racism etc. because that's what most black people would call it if the races were reversed.

But me? I'm going to say this. I can't make a honest assumption seeing only part of the video. How do we know the white women didn't make racist comments or even did something physical to these people?

Does it make the black people racist? No. Does it mean they might not be able to handle there anger? Sure

I just get tired of videos only showing half of the story. I would really hope a white a woman would not get attacked for simply walking into a store.
I go past this gas station on my way to work every day. Trust me - a white person would have to be completely suicidal to call anyone the N word in this neighborhood or totally out of their mind. This area is hard core ghetto. This white girl probably has a boyfriend or other friends in the area. This is not a gas station where a random white women would go to. This is a very rough neighborhood. I wouldn't walk this neighborhood late at night by myself if you gave me 10 grand in cash. It is frickin crazy. It is not uncommon to see hookers walking the street at 5am and giving you the eye and saying "Hey Baby" or thug kids 15 or 16 walking the streets with the hookers at 5 am. The stuff I see in the neighborhood is nuts. Chances are this girl isn't all that innocent, she is probably hooked up with all the bulls@@t going on in around that gas station.

Last edited by Allan Trafton; 08-29-2015 at 06:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 06:40 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
Very disturbing. Aside from the racial aspect, it makes me sick to see a man hit a woman, actually, kick a woman in the face.

Pretty graphic video of the assault. Not for those with sensitive compositions!

Disturbing video shows woman being punched, stomped on outside north side gas station | FOX6Now.com
The country and many of the people in it are sick. The man keeps saying "wrong 'hood"...Well, apparently we are talking about the "hood" where guys walk around with their pants down to their knees. I often feel sorry for the police officers who have to patrol in these "hoods"....

Old 08-29-2015, 08:10 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
I don't see how we can make many conclusions about the situation since we have no idea what prompted it.

Of course, it's wrong as can be. But what led up to it?

Old 08-29-2015, 08:14 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
When I see something like this, I grow weary of the racial aspect. It goes deeper than that - it's about humans acting like the idiots in general they are. We can categorize such attacks into anything we want, but at the end of the day, it's one human being acting like an a$$hole towards another, regardless of the reason.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:13 PM

708 posts, read 823,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
Very disturbing. Aside from the racial aspect, it makes me sick to see a man hit a woman, actually, kick a woman in the face.

Pretty graphic video of the assault. Not for those with sensitive compositions!

Disturbing video shows woman being punched, stomped on outside north side gas station | FOX6Now.com

Violence against all genders, races and cultures makes me sick. I don't see what gender has to do with anything. It makes me sick to see anyone hit anyone period.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:06 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Of course, it's wrong as can be. But what led up to it?
What does it matter?

Could you describe a situation that would warrant a woman being justifiably beaten by men?

Old 08-30-2015, 02:15 AM

1,371 posts, read 1,933,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
What does it matter?

Could you describe a situation that would warrant a woman being justifiably beaten by men?
Maybe she called them baboons? Of course if the shoe fits..........

Old 08-30-2015, 02:23 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
Maybe she called them baboons? Of course if the shoe fits..........
There is nothing she could say that would legally or morally justify a beatdown by some thugs on a woman.

Old 08-30-2015, 02:33 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
How do we know the white women didn't make racist comments...
Yeah, because if she did say something offensive then stomping her head, even killing her, would be justified, right?

Old 08-30-2015, 03:44 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
There is nothing she could say that would legally or morally justify a beatdown by some thugs on a woman.

I agree with this. I hope they put these thugs in Prison for assault. I also agree with the previous poster who questions what the woman was doing in that neighborhood. His suggestion that she is wrapped up in the criminal activity of the area is likely the truth. Still she did not deserve to get the beating she did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events