Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 12:15 AM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times

Advertisements

No need to do anything, these politicians shoot themselves in the foot continuously.

Trump: Prep School Gave Me ‘More Training Militarily’ than Actual Military Could’ve | Mediaite

Quote:
Despite his many draft deferments, Donald Trump claims that his time at a military prep school better prepared him for life in the military than actual military training would have done.

According to Trump, who attacked the “war hero” status of Sen. John McCain (R-Arizona) in July, his education at the New York Military Academy gave him “more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military.” His parents sent him there for his eighth grade year when his behavioral problems at Kew-Forest, a “more traditional prep school” located in Queens, became to much for the teaching staff. (He claims he assaulted a music teacher “because I didn’t think he knew anything about music.”)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 12:25 AM

131 posts, read 160,671 times
His foolish remarks continuously amuse me.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:52 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,114 times
You should be used to it. It's called foot in mouth disease. Hillary has it and so do most politicians. Don't act so surprised.

Old 09-09-2015, 01:28 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Thumbs down Except that he didn't say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
No need to do anything, these politicians shoot themselves in the foot continuously.
Except of course he didn't say that. Click on the real link and read the NY Times article that opinion piece is based on. What was said was this. In regards to the draft.
“My number was so incredible, and it was a very high draft number. Anyway, so I never had to do that, but I felt that I was in the military in the true sense because I dealt with those people,” he told Mr. D’Antonio.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:19 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,504,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Except of course he didn't say that. Click on the real link and read the NY Times article that opinion piece is based on. What was said was this. In regards to the draft.
“My number was so incredible, and it was a very high draft number. Anyway, so I never had to do that, but I felt that I was in the military in the true sense because I dealt with those people,” he told Mr. D’Antonio.

Waldo, didn't come off much better in the NY Times article! http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/09/us...book.html?_r=0

Old 09-09-2015, 04:12 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:

You seriously think that is better? It is flat out insulting. That is like saying you know what it feels like to be a woman because you put on a dress or know what it feels like to be black because you got a really dark tan or know what it is like to live in some country because you went on vacation there for one week. I swear, every time I think I couldn't hold the man in more contempt he opens his mouth and proves me wrong.

If he gets the Republican nomination I will for the first time since 1972 not vote for a Republican for president in the general election.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:32 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsleepy View Post
Me too.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:36 AM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:

If he had been "in the military in the true sense" at that time, he'd have been dealing with the Viet Cong.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:46 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You seriously think that is better? It is flat out insulting. That is like saying you know what it feels like to be a woman because you put on a dress or know what it feels like to be black because you got a really dark tan or know what it is like to live in some country because you went on vacation there for one week. I swear, every time I think I couldn't hold the man in more contempt he opens his mouth and proves me wrong.

If he gets the Republican nomination I will for the first time since 1972 not vote for a Republican for president in the general election.
A Trump nomination would likely mean Hillary wins.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:48 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,229,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsleepy View Post

Should add his prep school remark to the list
Stupid Donald Trump Quotes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events