Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 07:13 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,956,707 times

Advertisements

At least 107 people died and more than 230 people were injured when a crane collapsed in the Muslim holy city of Mecca in Saudi Arabia.

Mecca crane collapse: 107 dead at Saudi Arabia's Grand Mosque - BBC News

Oh, I realized that it happened on September 11...Hm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 07:34 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
Oh, I realized that it happened on September 11...Hm...
Karma? (Lest we forget, 15 of the 19 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia.)

Old 09-11-2015, 08:50 PM

335 posts, read 325,146 times
The way I see it is the death toll is about 3000 short. Karma is a *itch.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:01 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Is this a serious freeway sign?

Old 09-11-2015, 09:10 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Is this a serious freeway sign?
I have seen several pictures of it, as well as other similar signs. Google "non Muslims forbidden" and then check out the images.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:20 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
And I do think that so many completely forget just who Osama bin Laden actually was..He was a son of a very affluent family of Saudi decent...who went radical..intolerant..and his WHOLE message and agenda was AGAINST the WEST... Isil is NOT just against the WEST..They are into taking over the Middle East..Sunni booting out ALL those who won't abide their horrific value system...then of course..their ability to fill vacuum created by "Freedom seekers" which cause yet further ability of this entity.....

While Al Qaeda had a very narrow target.."Western Interests"..post Afghanistan and Iraq...then whole new Ball game..But let get real..If one understands the Middle East unrest like for over centuries..It's like a deep routed hatred amongst the Tribes...They actually Hate each other...at least the older set in their ways are like that..bring up their kids to be like minded...which brought to my mind..THAT's why there was such a banning of educating them....Heaven forbid you teach your kids anything other than agenda...

The outcome of the Fabric of the middle east being ripped wide open allowed such extremists to fill in with their 1st Century thinking...While everybody wishes to applaud the overthrow of dictators or despots..You have to admit even tho they oppressed..they controlled such types.....The rest of the world cannot DEMAND (although would applaud Civil Rights)..Stability will never prevail with Killing Machines take over....

Saudie Arabia never ever took responsibility nor acknowledge one of their "Sons" caused such damages to a "Partner" in the world economy...So it appears..G.W. took matters into his own hands drumming up all sorts of evidence..SMH ..

Back to topic of thread (sorry..got off on a tangent )...Wonder how those killed and their families ..will get compensated..wanna bet they are hired by some Contractor who will bury the whole thing..to make it all go away..It's par usual..Money buys silence..and sends those others away...MAKE THEM GO AWAY...Yikes sounds very familiar!!

Old 09-11-2015, 09:38 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
I really should feel sorry for the dead and injured. But today of all days, I just can't quite work up the sympathy.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:53 PM
mym

706 posts, read 1,170,948 times
you guys know which family owns the construction company that works the Mosque? you get one guess.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:17 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,956,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mym View Post
you guys know which family owns the construction company that works the Mosque? you get one guess.
Someone did tell me that the Bin Laden family did. Lol...

Old 09-11-2015, 11:14 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
Someone did tell me that the Bin Laden family did. Lol...
They spell their corporate name "Binladin". I think the official name is "Saudi Binladin Group". They're the 2nd-largest construction company in the world by revenue, but a lot of that is due to the fact that they enjoy a near-monopoly.

You have to realize that Osama's family is not like him. They are quite Westernized & they enjoy a comfortable lifestyle acquired through the hard work of their father, along with their connections to the Royal Family. Osama's like that crazy sibling who was obsessed with religion, that some Western families have.

It's sad all around. And it's sad that so many died in Mecca yesterday. Many were probably Indian subcontinent laborers instead of Saudi Arabians. Or are they having only Muslims work in Mecca? I'm not sure. Sad either way, although I do understand the revenge/karma sentiment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events