Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 03:37 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,225,370 times

Advertisements

yea well in some countries they use their left hand to wipe their butt. I rather be called sinister the have a smelly hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 03:58 PM

14,959 posts, read 12,170,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadytoleaveFL View Post
I heard they used to force you to write with your right hand years ago. As a lefty I suffer enough

http://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopou...ple#.ts53Er0Oy

I remember my grandmother, who was lefthanded, telling us teachers would tie her left hand behind her back to force her to write with her right hand, and punish her if she caught her using her left hand. But that would have been in the early 1900's . I thought we knew better now.

Old 09-23-2015, 03:59 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,614,964 times
Left-handedness doesn't mean that an individual is evil. Ronald Reagan was left-handed. It is, however, a symptom just as drinking large amounts of water doesn't mean that a person is diabetic, but it is a symptom. There have been numerous cases on record of demon possession of very young children. I believe that a child who is possessed at an early age and whose demon is not exorcised is almost certain to become unexorcisably possessed in adulthood.

Oklahoma has many different entities from several different pantheons. Some of these beings are evil; some are very powerful. His parents should have him examined by a competent exorcist whether that exorcist be Christian or associated with other gods. His teacher is almost certainly receiving psychic informatioon. I have a bad feeling that this is a real one.

Demonic possession is very real. As a psychic for over forty years, I've examined numerous people. Scarcely any were actually possessed, but there have been a few. Thankfully, I don't need to risk my spiritual welfare to rid someone of a demon as I have found a powerful protectress in Maedb, the Irish mother goddess. My clients come to me of their free will. As only a very few people are strong enough to seek help while under attack the low number of possession cases I've found is to be expected.

I highly recommend the works of Fr. Malachi Martin. He was the model for the exorcist in the novel and movies of that name.

Fr. Martin was a scholar and intellectual by any standards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malachi_Martin

Hostage to the Devil: The Possession and Exorcism of Five Contemporary Americans: Malachi Martin: 9780060653378: Amazon.com: Books

Old 09-23-2015, 04:06 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,596,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
The latin for left handed is sinistra. And we are suspect.

But then again we know how to please...and only the left handed can do it...
The right hand is "dextral," and it is "dextrous," i.e., "skillful" … along with being, by definition, "right" …

So, southpaws … Eat your hearts out …

Old 09-23-2015, 04:20 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,469,947 times
I write with my left hand but hold a fork with my right hand. I can use my left hand to hold the fork as well so I'm great at dinner parties. I can be placed next to either left-handed or right-handed people at the table.

I used to play softball where I was a switch-hitter. I was always picked first. I do lots of things with one hand or the other. There are some things like writing I can only do with my left hand. I use my right hand to cut things with a scissors. I can't use a left-handed scissors at all.

I can use both hands for most things. When I am mixing a batter, I change hands when the one I started with gets tired. I can use tools with either hand equally.

I guess by this teacher's standards, I am both good and evil.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:56 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,419,751 times
Haven't read the entire thread but unless the teacher is exposed as a fundamentalist Christian, I expect this to be old news in a couple of days and then forgotten. Her union will probably step in to keep her from losing her job.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:10 PM

12,392 posts, read 8,168,105 times
I started school in 1965. A family friend was my kindergarten teacher and taught me to write and eat with my right hand. I don't know if it was parental instruction or she was just old school since she was a generation older than my parents. It made life so much easier on those small measures than my little brother who came up three years later at a different school and is also a lefty. It was especially hard on him when he converted to Islam as an adult.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:25 PM

720 posts, read 766,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I'm 67 and when I was in school, they did force everyone to write right-handed. I thought we had outgrown that stupidity.

I'm not 67 and I was "changed" from left handed to right handed in school as well.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:14 PM

8,499 posts, read 6,908,457 times
It is evil. Well back in the Middle Ages anyway.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I'm 67 and when I was in school, they did force everyone to write right-handed. I thought we had outgrown that stupidity.
DH is your age and a lefty. No one forced him to write right-handed. I'm a year younger and there were a lot of lefties in my classes.

My grandfather would be 119 if still alive and was forced to learn to write right-handed. He did everything else left-handed though, used tools, shot a gun, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events